EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20

Check out all we've shared about the new features and discuss it right here.

Lost progress

hi, im neewb, trying to help my boy who plays this on our PS4. he was 70+ games into the season and then didnt play for a month or two. then went back in to play and the season was gone. he was prompted to start a new one. i tried ps4 help and they told me to contact EA, so i did, they could not help. they gave me a few options that didnt work. then told me to re install the game. i have not done that, i dont think that will solve my issue. any tips? help how to get his season back? thanks !

Replies

• Socair
    1541 posts Game Changer
    Is this for Franchise or Season mode? Have a look in the PS4 save files for a NHL file corresponding to that. If it’s there, it will be possible to load it in game. Maybe it is uploaded in online storage if he’s a PS plus user, but not on the hard drive?
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • this is in season mode. i dont have a plus account so its not on the cloud. i have looked in the file games storage and i think i see it but cant figure out hot to load it.
  • Socair
    1541 posts Game Changer
    When you go into season mode it just goes to the new season screen hey? You likely have a corrupted file and will have to delete the game data file and reinstall it. So go to storage on the PS4 then apps and delete the NHL file. If it’s a digital copy just redownload it from the system library.
  • ok thx ill try it
  • darn that didnt work either. not sure what to do now.
  • Socair
    1541 posts Game Changer
    Ugh. That’s too bad. He’ll have to start a new one I’m afraid. If the game isn’t recognising the save file on the system it’s likely that the save itself is corrupted.