EA Forums - Banner

Gameplay footage video

Sinbin
1331 posts Member
edited July 2018
Sorry if it was posted already, but in case it hasn't, here's a video showing 50+ minutes of gameplay footage:

Edit: There's a full vs. game here: https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/07/25/ea-answers-the-hard-questions-on-nhl-19-player-likenesses-commentary-changes-eashl.
Post edited by Sinbin on

Replies

• Follisimo
    1044 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The skating and how well they pick up the puck without losing speed is amazing.

I'm guessing this gameplay isn't on a hard difficulty judging how the CPU isn't really poking at all and the goalies look very weak.

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    First thing I'm gonna do is turn off the announcer.

The explosive acceleration looks good.

I dont like how they do 180 on a dime whenever they retrieve a puck behind the net facing the board but it beats turning the titanic.
  • Follisimo
    1044 posts Member

Dont like how they are basically turning on a dime but it's better than turning the titanic.

I prefer the tighter of turning as if people lag it still won't feel as bad and it makes players have to be better twitch type players where getting burned will actually matter.

• Follisimo wrote: »

Dont like how they are basically turning on a dime but it's better than turning the titanic.

I prefer the tighter of turning as if people lag it still won't feel as bad and it makes players have to be better twitch type players where getting burned will actually matter.

True. I was editing my post when you wrote yours. Basically I dont like how they 180 on a dime when retrieving the puck. This will make dumping and chase pointless if the defender can retrieve and turn up ice that easy.
  • I am going to reserve judgment until I play it, but it did look pretty decent what little of the video I watched.
  • Druez
    7 posts Member
    looks promising
  • Gameplay looks fun. Can't say the same for that announcer though.... ugh
  • Druez wrote: »
    looks promising

Feels good, just had a chance to play for a little bit and it felt pretty smooth.

looks promising

Feels good, just had a chance to play for a little bit and it felt pretty smooth.

game clock appears to be in real time now for the full period.
  • kezz123
    600 posts Member
    I was actually quite disappointed with this....Everything looked slow and clunky...the shots had zero omph to them....3s doesnt help because its really limited in passing plays and setting up the offense zone but so far....a bit of a downer on my end.
    looks promising

I think it was but what is it, like 3 minutes? No big deal on that front.
    looks promising

not saying it's a big deal. If a period lasts 4 minutes, then put 4 minutes, as it is now. In the past, I never found it made sense to have longer periods, but have the time dwindle 3 times faster except for the last minute.
    looks promising

not saying it's a big deal. If a period lasts 4 minutes, then put 4 minutes, as it is now. In the past, I never found it made sense to have longer periods, but have the time dwindle 3 times faster except for the last minute.

I think that is more of a stats thing so it would calculate properly, particularly time-based stats like average time on ice and goals against average.