EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Where the 45 degree cuts at?

Prev1
I love everything about this game, taking out the 45 degree cut during a glide is not one of them. Please add it back into the final game.

Replies

• vmx2014
    53 posts Member
    CMBDeadly wrote: »
    I love everything about this game, taking out the 45 degree cut during a glide is not one of them. Please add it back into the final game.

I know it’s weird. Cuting was huge. I also feel like after the initial speed burst from change direction there in no speed burst. Just the first few steps you r flying then you have nothing left. Am I wrong?

• vmx2014 wrote: »

I know it’s weird. Cuting was huge. I also feel like after the initial speed burst from change direction there in no speed burst. Just the first few steps you r flying then you have nothing left. Am I wrong?

Agree man. 2 steps forward one step back for this skating engine. You will have the best game EA if you tweak it just a bit.
  • CMBDeadly wrote: »
    vmx2014 wrote: »

Agree man. 2 steps forward one step back for this skating engine. You will have the best game EA if you tweak it just a bit.

And that is why EA does this. so that they can try to tweak whatever needs tweaking.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • Here is a tweet from this afternoon from Rammer. I would embed it but I have no idea how.

• I don't know what this has to do with 45 degree cuts but sure.
  • COGSx86
    773 posts Member
    you have to slow down bud, no more full speed cuts
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
    I don't know what this has to do with 45 degree cuts but sure.

I was just pointing out that some stuff has already been fixed and maybe your issue is one of them. If you are on Twitter you should try to ask.
  • Not about a full speed cut a standard glide cut.
    Not about a full speed cut a standard glide cut.

I don't know what to tell you bud. Sorry.
  • Socair
    1877 posts Game Changer
    They are the same as last year, which was an altered version and less useful. Hold L1/LB when gliding and use the RS to aim left or right.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »
    They are the same as last year, which was an altered version and less useful. Hold L1/LB when gliding and use the RS to aim left or right.

That's a stride deke not a 45 degree cut.
  • Also the reason it annoys me is because it was an advanced technique. Not everyone used it which made it rare to see now it's removed even if it was one of the most successful maneuvers for those that learned to use it.
  • Socair
    1877 posts Game Changer
    edited July 2018
    I messed up, RS isn’t involved, just the LS. It’s is as close as you’ll get to the old cuts.
    Post edited by Socair on
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »
    I messed up, RS isn’t involved, just the LS. It’s is as close as you’ll get to the old cuts.

Which is a huge problem. "only 15 percent used these cuts so let's get rid of it." I want the option again let me click something to do it. Will be a huge disappointment if it's gone for good.

• Yea where the hell they at?! EA ITS NOT IN THE GAME
  • Nope, and I'm disappoint.

Arggghhhhh ... not in final version ... this is really upsetting/frustrating. What a great technique/skill that was. It added a lot to the flow/movement/skill of the game. And, like others have said, 2 steps forward, 1 step back - or perhaps 1 step forward, 2 steps back is more appropriate.

That is a skill/feature/technique that should NEVER have been removed from the game ... I should have read some of the concerns (reddit/here) people had with the beta prior to purchase.

I sincerely hope that EA reconsiders adding this feature back in ...
  • FTProtocal wrote: »

Arggghhhhh ... not in final version ... this is really upsetting/frustrating. What a great technique/skill that was. It added a lot to the flow/movement/skill of the game. And, like others have said, 2 steps forward, 1 step back - or perhaps 1 step forward, 2 steps back is more appropriate.

That is a skill/feature/technique that should NEVER have been removed from the game ... I should have read some of the concerns (reddit/here) people had with the beta prior to purchase.

I sincerely hope that EA reconsiders adding this feature back in ...

Same man, I just don't get what EA thinks they are doing when they make this game.
  • FTProtocal
    9 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    you know ... i'm about 3 hours in, just messing around in Play Now. for me (right now at least) this is ALMOST game breaking. i'm blown away that they removed this ... what WERE they thinking, and i mean that in the most legitimate way, too.

imo this is such a critical ability. this is a real shocker ... i hope others feel the same as a number of us, but wow, this is (at the very least) a 'game changer'.

RIP
  • We have glide exits in the game. They just work more physically accurate now with the skating engine rather than adding artificial speed.

This balances the game better between offense and defense and still allows you to make a cut or acceleration out of a glide to a 45 or more lateral angle.

I would like to consider adding the heel cuts back at some point but the 45s were quite artificial, especially when linked together down the ice.