EA Forums - Banner

Franchise Mode In-Depth Video

Prev1
Tonyfereli
83 posts Game Changer
edited August 2018

Franchise mode in NHL*® *19 is deeply immersive, thanks to scouting mechanics that fully assess players and provide insightful information. Assemble a team of up to 20 amateur and pro scouts, and choose carefully, as scouting affects drafting, trading, free agency, and waiver wire pickups this year. Great NHL teams are built through drafting and scouting, and in NHL 19, it's no different. Check out the video from NHL 19 Game Modes Producer Gurn Sumal for full details, and learn how to stock your team with talent as you look to clear the Fog of War.
Tonyferelli | NHL Gamechanger | twitch.tv/tonyferelli

Replies

• This is easily the most exciting bit of news to come out about NHL 19 yet. The scouting and fog of war looks great. I am leaning more towards buying the game now, but I still want to see some Be a Pro news.
  • Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It's too late now, but please dramatically minimize re-use of names. These systems are incredibly powerful; you can't find a way to have a ton of new names? I accepted this in like Gameday '98, but 2018 systems and development? Come on.

Also, all that new flash and menu animations better not further slow down menu transitions and responsiveness. Navigation is already atrocious as it is.

You should also color-code the spectrum of Accurate-Unknown.
  • There is a lot of good stuff in here. I look forward to seeing the difference it makes in team building. I will have more reaction later on but I just can't think right now, we had to put our dog down so my excitement for this is tempered right now.
  • Everything looks great but the different shades for the binoculars is way too confusing on the eyes at times. Please use colors instead to represent accurate to unknown. Would love to see this change
  • RoughJunky
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Overall thumbs up
    Post edited by RoughJunky on
  • RoughJunky wrote: »
    Everything looks great but the different shades for the binoculars is way too confusing on the eyes at times. Please use colors instead to represent accurate to unknown. Would love to see this change

I agree with Rough here, this all-white system is pretty confusing even with the bars next to the binoculars. It would be much better with color codes.

For example green for fully accurate, yellow for semi-accurate, orange for somewhat accurate and red for not at all accurate and then white for not scouted. That is how I would do it.
  • While it would be nice if the binoculars were colour coded instead of a white/grey system... i think the fact that this is the biggest complaint... is a good sign
  • WeirdViper wrote: »
    While it would be nice if the binoculars were colour coded instead of a white/grey system... i think the fact that this is the biggest complaint... is a good sign

Oh, definitely it is a great sign. I don't think there is anything wrong with making a suggestion.
    While it would be nice if the binoculars were colour coded instead of a white/grey system... i think the fact that this is the biggest complaint... is a good sign

Oh, definitely it is a great sign. I don't think there is anything wrong with making a suggestion.

I didnt realize that there were the bars there beside the binoculars!! I'm okay with not having the colors as it would make the interface look ugly with all the colors.
  • I like the scouting changes, but LOVE the fog of war.

We gotta get this stuff into the new Online Franchise that (I'm hoping with fingers crossed) comes out with 2020.

Franchise looks great now. All we need are other humans to compete against now.
  • as someone who plays mostly franchise this new scouting/fog of war is amazing... it became so easy to build a winner under the old system
  • Mitchjames82
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Please get back to your roots and make the franchise mode better and fix the controls for the older players . The way you set the controls based on your skill level completely sucks you handicap the hybrid and 94 control users.I’ve owned every EA NHL since 94 and x is the pass button

[edited for profanity]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Nickeyegoldopin
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Awesome news! Makes it new again fog of war and the new scouting is so dope!!!!
  • one thing i like is that as players retire some will become scouts you can hire... can add a bit of story to your franchise
  • All I see missing now is going back to when they had the trade deadline blackberry's. Last few years approaching the deadline has been an after thought. It was so easy to just have your team set at the beginning of the year and just simming it to the next draft. They should make it more time concerning, and have the CPU based on your teams status either try to pry a name from you for them to make a run or vice versa. Maybe even get pressure from an owner to bring in a missing piece or something. It would compliment what they have done and put this over the top
    one thing i like is that as players retire some will become scouts you can hire... can add a bit of story to your franchise

I remember playing Madden Franchise like 14 yrs ago and retired players would become coaches. My QB who lead to a couple titles retired, came back as a QB coach and eventually head coach and it all culminated with a perfect season in the final season. Last Madden franchise I ever did. Not only that, but you could control multiple teams so a friend and I played it together. Lost days doing it, but so rewarding. Sim only too
    as someone who plays mostly franchise this new scouting/fog of war is amazing... it became so easy to build a winner under the old system

If you knew how to find players in the 5-7th round, you could build a deep team, and then trade the guys that you couldnt fit under the cap to bottom feeders and get top 5 picks. As much as I enjoyed finding the gems, it got to a point where I could just fleece teams futures with all my depth
  • All I see missing now is going back to when they had the trade deadline blackberry's. Last few years approaching the deadline has been an after thought. It was so easy to just have your team set at the beginning of the year and just simming it to the next draft. They should make it more time concerning, and have the CPU based on your teams status either try to pry a name from you for them to make a run or vice versa. Maybe even get pressure from an owner to bring in a missing piece or something. It would compliment what they have done and put this over the top

the phone thing was annoying, you should not be limited like that... if a trade is rejected you shouldn't lose the opportunity to make other offers

the way it is now is more realistic to the nhl... trades are more spread out and the "deadline frenzy" starts really about a week and a half early

as for CPU offers... if you set your trade block right they will

i was just messing around in NHL 18 with the Sens, year 2 close to the deadline out of the playoff picture, set the block to include duchene, karlsson... got tons of offers
  • Can anyone tell if you can edit the personality of players in Edit Player?
  • I was asked about the 'GM mode' - what's that by the way, is it the franchise mode - about whether Detroit has acces to Zadina (via trade)? Sorry I don't know what the hjeck the dude was talking about, and I am not going to launch the game to see myself... :*