EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Servers down

Considering the frequency the EA servers are down and the customer isn't able to use the product they purchased, it would be nice if EA found a way to compensate.

Replies

• Considering the frequency the EA servers are down and the customer isn't able to use the product they purchased, it would be nice if EA found a way to compensate.

Maybe it is just me but the only time I can remember the servers being down was during the beta on NHL 18. I play during the day/early evening usually so maybe that may be why I don't encounter issues but I have not had any server issues outside of that one instance.

Count yourself fortunate I guess.

Check this out: https://outage.report/ea

Aug 26, 2018 (782 reports)
    Aug 25, 2018 (31 reports)
    Aug 23, 2018 (240 reports)
    Aug 17, 2018 (53 reports)
    Aug 16, 2018 (55 reports)
    Aug 13, 2018 (244 reports)
    Aug 10, 2018 (39 reports)
    Aug 9, 2018 (54 reports)
    Aug 8, 2018 (336 reports)
    Aug 7, 2018 (95 reports)
  • Considering the frequency the EA servers are down and the customer isn't able to use the product they purchased, it would be nice if EA found a way to compensate.

Maybe it is just me but the only time I can remember the servers being down was during the beta on NHL 18. I play during the day/early evening usually so maybe that may be why I don't encounter issues but I have not had any server issues outside of that one instance.

Count yourself fortunate I guess.

Check this out: https://outage.report/ea

Aug 26, 2018 (782 reports)
    Aug 25, 2018 (31 reports)
    Aug 23, 2018 (240 reports)
    Aug 17, 2018 (53 reports)
    Aug 16, 2018 (55 reports)
    Aug 13, 2018 (244 reports)
    Aug 10, 2018 (39 reports)
    Aug 9, 2018 (54 reports)
    Aug 8, 2018 (336 reports)
    Aug 7, 2018 (95 reports)

I don't think you can consider the servers down with this information. I just clicked on the website and I was able to say it's down right now. I have never had an issue with NHL 18 and I play at all times of the day as well. Maybe I am lucky as well, but you would think EA would post something on Twitter or there would be more post in the forums if this were more of a common occurrence.
  • kitchener_boy
    320 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I dont think I've had this issue with EA ever. I'm playing PS3 NHL 14 with no issues ever.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    550 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Lol, so people with shoddy internet, or who live probably in rural areas or areas with poor infrastructure can't connect, so automatically servers down.

Pretty sure those numbers are gonna be a lot higher if the severs were down.

[edited swear filter]
  • Lol, so people with shoddy internet, or who live probably in rural areas or areas with poor infrastructure can't connect, so automatically servers down.

Pretty sure those numbers are gonna be a lot higher if the severs were down.

[edited swear filter]

I live in North Vancouver. 10 minute drive to the EA Burnaby studio. I average 13ms latency when playing NHL. When the servers are down it's not not just me, but thanks for your valuable input.