EA Forums - Banner

Gameplay differences between modes?

This is just something I've been thinking about. In HUT and online versus, the gameplay felt a little different in each mode, I was wondering if anyone else felt that and if a Dev or a game changer could please speak on how HUT 19 plays vs online versus in 19.

Replies

• They're tuned differently.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    They're tuned differently.

But like why?....
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    Both modes use the same settings. The differences would be in the player attributes depending on the players you have collected and their relative attribute differences driven by the mode.
  • But like why do I perform better with a regular NHL team in online versus than I do in HUT with superstars?
  • But like why do I perform better with a regular NHL team in online versus than I do in HUT with superstars?

Maybe more separation in the ratings?
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    Both modes use the same settings. The differences would be in the player attributes depending on the players you have collected and their relative attribute differences driven by the mode.

Ok, was it not different before though? HUT had a different tuner back in the day?
  • NHLDev wrote: »

Sorry, but what does the bolded section mean?

• Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    NHLDev wrote: »

I think he means the attribute effect is higher in one mode over another mode. Or something of the sort.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Eh, but woudnt that be tied to the slider settings in that case as well?

Setting game difficulty just ramps up the CPU ability, so attributes become mostly meaningless.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    edited September 2018
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    NHLDev wrote: »

Isn’t it simply that HUT player cards often have boosted attributes compared to the other modes?
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    Ya, I just meant that the attributes of the different players and the synergies, etc. controlled by the HUT environment could make it play differently than VS. For example, the attributes of a player in VS could be different than their rating in HUT and the team makeups have the ability to be less balanced due to how the team collection mechanics work so it is possible for things to feel different due to that.

On the actual game style and difficulty side, it is the same in HUT as it is in Online VS.
  • Oh right, got it.