EA Forums - Banner

Has a 3v3 "Ragging" fix been implemented?

As the title asks, has there been any word from the devs about a fix to people intentionally 'Ragging' the puck, especially in modes like 3v3 EASHL?

For those who aren't familiar with the term, ragging is essentially purposefully holding onto the puck and retreating far away from other players for the sole purpose of wasting time when ahead by a goal and, a lot of times in 3v3, to force the opposing team to rush the man with the puck, leading to an advantageous 2 on 1 against a brain-dead goalie.

It's a low-skill, low-risk, and exploitive play to almost guarantee wins and many of the top teams (who have the skill not to rely on it, mind you), do it for easy rank and points.

I don't want there to be some stupid pass/shot clock like basketball but it is beyond ridiculous. Now, I know you can just say "well don't play 3's and stick to ONES or 6's" but that doesn't help. Being a resident of Gamersaloon and playing for money it's to be expected (and obvious why it's a top requested rule not to do), but not in normal play where there is an online ranking system.

Replies

• Every time I see one of these posts, I think of this game.

I don't know if a rule has been made in the NHL since, but when this game was played, they said if the defense was not moving around, it would result in a faceoff. I just wanted to point out it does happen in real NHL games too.

I don't have an answer to this as I think many of the solutions would be flawed or players will continue to exploit in different ways. However, why doesn't gamersaloon make it mandatory to stream games or something to that extent? I guess it doesn't fall under "cheating", but I would definitely say it frowned upon.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    463 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Every time I see one of these posts, I think of this game.

I don't have an answer to this as I think many of the solutions would be flawed or players will continue to exploit in different ways. However, why doesn't gamersaloon make it mandatory to stream games or something to that extent? I guess it doesn't fall under "cheating", but I would definitely say it frowned upon.

Lol I remember that game; technically not cheating but it's still disgusting - what a slap in the face to to everyone who bought a ticket.

I don't know how algorithms would be able to detect this type of behaviour for a delay of game penalty (which in 3's mode would be devastating), or anything, that's what makes it so damn annoying.

GamerSaloon site you actually are supposed to record your games for various proofs and can specifically state "no obvious ragging" in the rules, but there are no such setups in regular online play. I know our ranking system doesn't ultimately matter in the grand scheme of things but it matters to me and my team on a personal level. Such obvious griefing has no place in the game.

Only things I can think of to remedy the situation

- disputes to EA with video proof (which i'm sure nobody wants to deal with)
    - some sort of timer (whether it's to shoot or bring puck past center)
    - Forced to cross center and no going back
    - Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (no clue how it could be implemented)

[edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Happens in the NHL too. lol

• Happens in the NHL too. lol

naaaaasty