EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive


Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

When is something going to be done for players who go AFK during games?

EpiCxOwNeD
580 posts Member
edited September 2018
Already into my second HUT game a player puts down the controller and doesn’t play after ramping up the score. So, there I was, wasting my EA access time, not playing because this jerk doesn’t want to quit just so he can get his coins.

Replies

  • +1 for sure
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Already into my second HUT game a player puts down the controller and doesn’t play after ramping up the score. So, there I was, wasting my EA access time, not playing because this jerk doesn’t want to quit just so he can get his coins.

    Maybe EA brings back friendly quit? Or EA can code something similar to what Madden does. Madden has something where players can forfeit at halftime if the opposing team is above 21 points or more. (As least this was an option in the past)

    Maybe at the halfway point of the 2nd period, if a player is down by 3-4 goals, you can forfeit the game without losing coins?
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Already into my second HUT game a player puts down the controller and doesn’t play after ramping up the score. So, there I was, wasting my EA access time, not playing because this jerk doesn’t want to quit just so he can get his coins.

    Maybe EA brings back friendly quit? Or EA can code something similar to what Madden does. Madden has something where players can forfeit at halftime if the opposing team is above 21 points or more. (As least this was an option in the past)

    Maybe at the halfway point of the 2nd period, if a player is down by 3-4 goals, you can forfeit the game without losing coins?

    Sounds like a good idea. However, for this to work, the player fortfeiting would have to get some of the coins ( maybe maddens does for forfeits) to encourage not AFKing. Because the whole point of AFKing is to get your coins and if you don’t get your coins for forfeiting, then I don’t think it would work. Maybe not getting all of your coins, but some.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Already into my second HUT game a player puts down the controller and doesn’t play after ramping up the score. So, there I was, wasting my EA access time, not playing because this jerk doesn’t want to quit just so he can get his coins.

    Maybe EA brings back friendly quit? Or EA can code something similar to what Madden does. Madden has something where players can forfeit at halftime if the opposing team is above 21 points or more. (As least this was an option in the past)

    Maybe at the halfway point of the 2nd period, if a player is down by 3-4 goals, you can forfeit the game without losing coins?

    Sounds like a good idea. However, for this to work, the player fortfeiting would have to get some of the coins ( maybe maddens does for forfeits) to encourage not AFKing. Because the whole point of AFKing is to get your coins and if you don’t get your coins for forfeiting, then I don’t think it would work. Maybe not getting all of your coins, but some.

    I don't play HUT, but I'm pretty sure the game boots you for AFKing in EASHL. I don't see why this wouldnt occur in HUT as well.

    If you finish a game in HUT, and say you lose a game 10-0, wouldn't you still receive coins? I don't see why EA could just give you the minimum amount if you were to forfeit.
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    580 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Already into my second HUT game a player puts down the controller and doesn’t play after ramping up the score. So, there I was, wasting my EA access time, not playing because this jerk doesn’t want to quit just so he can get his coins.

    Maybe EA brings back friendly quit? Or EA can code something similar to what Madden does. Madden has something where players can forfeit at halftime if the opposing team is above 21 points or more. (As least this was an option in the past)

    Maybe at the halfway point of the 2nd period, if a player is down by 3-4 goals, you can forfeit the game without losing coins?

    Sounds like a good idea. However, for this to work, the player fortfeiting would have to get some of the coins ( maybe maddens does for forfeits) to encourage not AFKing. Because the whole point of AFKing is to get your coins and if you don’t get your coins for forfeiting, then I don’t think it would work. Maybe not getting all of your coins, but some.

    I don't play HUT, but I'm pretty sure the game boots you for AFKing in EASHL. I don't see why this wouldnt occur in HUT as well.

    If you finish a game in HUT, and say you lose a game 10-0, wouldn't you still receive coins? I don't see why EA could just give you the minimum amount if you were to forfeit.

    For the last part of your post, I think the amount of coins earned for forfeiting depends on how much of the game is played. If you forfeit the game before the end of the first period, you get less for what you would earned if you forfeit in the three period to encourage comebacks, playing to the end and so players don’t forfeit early in games to get quick, easy coins.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Already into my second HUT game a player puts down the controller and doesn’t play after ramping up the score. So, there I was, wasting my EA access time, not playing because this jerk doesn’t want to quit just so he can get his coins.

    Maybe EA brings back friendly quit? Or EA can code something similar to what Madden does. Madden has something where players can forfeit at halftime if the opposing team is above 21 points or more. (As least this was an option in the past)

    Maybe at the halfway point of the 2nd period, if a player is down by 3-4 goals, you can forfeit the game without losing coins?

    Sounds like a good idea. However, for this to work, the player fortfeiting would have to get some of the coins ( maybe maddens does for forfeits) to encourage not AFKing. Because the whole point of AFKing is to get your coins and if you don’t get your coins for forfeiting, then I don’t think it would work. Maybe not getting all of your coins, but some.

    I don't play HUT, but I'm pretty sure the game boots you for AFKing in EASHL. I don't see why this wouldnt occur in HUT as well.

    If you finish a game in HUT, and say you lose a game 10-0, wouldn't you still receive coins? I don't see why EA could just give you the minimum amount if you were to forfeit.

    For the last part of your post, I think the amount of coins earned for forfeiting depends on how much of the game is played. If you forfeit the game before the end of the first period, you get less for what you would earned if you forfeit in the three period to encourage comebacks, playing to the end and so players don’t forfeit early in games to get quick, easy coins.

    I see your point, but I don't think I would allow forfeiting in the first period at all. I would say the option can be given after the half way point in the game, as long as the player is down by a certain amount of goals. I don't think it needs to be complicated. Just make it half of what the minimum number of coins currently is. If some one is purposely quitting to get a small amount of coins, let them as their overall record is really taking a hit anyways.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Already into my second HUT game a player puts down the controller and doesn’t play after ramping up the score. So, there I was, wasting my EA access time, not playing because this jerk doesn’t want to quit just so he can get his coins.

    Maybe EA brings back friendly quit? Or EA can code something similar to what Madden does. Madden has something where players can forfeit at halftime if the opposing team is above 21 points or more. (As least this was an option in the past)

    Maybe at the halfway point of the 2nd period, if a player is down by 3-4 goals, you can forfeit the game without losing coins?

    Sounds like a good idea. However, for this to work, the player fortfeiting would have to get some of the coins ( maybe maddens does for forfeits) to encourage not AFKing. Because the whole point of AFKing is to get your coins and if you don’t get your coins for forfeiting, then I don’t think it would work. Maybe not getting all of your coins, but some.

    I don't play HUT, but I'm pretty sure the game boots you for AFKing in EASHL. I don't see why this wouldnt occur in HUT as well.

    If you finish a game in HUT, and say you lose a game 10-0, wouldn't you still receive coins? I don't see why EA could just give you the minimum amount if you were to forfeit.

    For the last part of your post, I think the amount of coins earned for forfeiting depends on how much of the game is played. If you forfeit the game before the end of the first period, you get less for what you would earned if you forfeit in the three period to encourage comebacks, playing to the end and so players don’t forfeit early in games to get quick, easy coins.

    I see your point, but I don't think I would allow forfeiting in the first period at all. I would say the option can be given after the half way point in the game, as long as the player is down by a certain amount of goals. I don't think it needs to be complicated. Just make it half of what the minimum number of coins currently is. If some one is purposely quitting to get a small amount of coins, let them as their overall record is really taking a hit anyways.
    I like it. Sounds good.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!