EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

How on earth is this game 31 Gigs????

I'm pretty shocked by this. It's downloading right now and it says 31 GB. I literally had to delete a ton of games off of my PS4 to make room (which is fine because I'm probably done playing them). Between my new Spider-Man game and God Of War (I kept both), they are a combined 9 Gigs. It blows my mind how this is even possible? The graphics on NHL games are pretty much still PS3, it's a sand box game pretty much where as those other two have unreal graphics and massive worlds to explore. Where does all the space go to for NHL 19 to be 31 GB???

Replies

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2489 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    MDubz83 wrote: »
    Between my new Spider-Man game and God Of War (I kept both), they are a combined 9 Gigs.

From the PS Store

God War
    Full Game | PS4
    $79.99
    9793 Ratings
    Released Apr 20, 2018 38.73 GB

Spiderman
    Full Game | PS4
    $79.99
    3453 Ratings
    Released Sep 7, 2018 47.38 GB

Maybe the 9GB are your save files?
  • Spider-Man is around like 45gb. God of War is around 45gb too.

As for how NHL is so big. Audio can take up a great deal of space. Think of all the new lines they added for EASHL and gameplay chat that is new. Also to get best quality the sound should be uncompressed which makes it much bigger.

• All that clown gear takes up data.
  • B_Bunny
    885 posts Moderator
    God of war and spiderman are not 9 gigs man. Youre definitely not uninstalling these games correctly if you think so.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    God of war and spiderman are not 9 gigs man. Youre definitely not uninstalling these games correctly if you think so.

oh snap, I'm dumb, you're right. I'm looking at the back of the cases right now. It's 90 between the two lol never mind my horrible rant

• I'm assuming game size is large due to 4K textures.

• MDubz83 wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »

oh snap, I'm dumb, you're right. I'm looking at the back of the cases right now. It's 90 between the two lol never mind my horrible rant

I was gonna say, how on earth is Spiderman only 9 gigs haha. I thought you had some secret to condense a download to make more room on your system.
  • EA_Roger
    1482 posts EA Community Manager
    This got my hopes up too. I'm tired of download and deleting games all the time, I should upgrade to the Pro.
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    This got my hopes up too. I'm tired of download and deleting games all the time, I should upgrade to the Pro.
    External HDD might also help if your console is filled up.
  • EA_Roger
    1482 posts EA Community Manager
    True, I want the pretty graphics too though so I'm torn.
  • Especially games with 4K upgrades; Gears of War 4 went from 45GB to 100+GB with the 4K update on my Xbox One X. Thankfully I have a 3TB external drive.
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    True, I want the pretty graphics too though so I'm torn.

If you don't go for the Pro then it is relatively easy to swap out the HDD like I did for a 2TB. Can't remember the last time I had to delete something for space and that swap was about 18 months ago. Best $95 I spent lol. It was an external drive, swapped it out and put it in the PS4 while the PS4 500G was put into the external drive which I use for pretty much anything.