EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 - Tuner and Patch Notes

Replies

• I cant even play, always searching for opponents and then failed to find opponents

You sir, have been EA'D. join the rest of us that have been screwed over by this evil, greedy company
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    I cant even play, always searching for opponents and then failed to find opponents

You should check your NAT and make sure it's not strict. Also, check your IPv. You should be on 4 and not 6.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    I cant even play, always searching for opponents and then failed to find opponents

You should check your NAT and make sure it's not strict. Also, check your IPv. You should be on 4 and not 6.

How does one even check this ?
  • ThomasN7 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »

don't worry about it has nothing to do with anything we are discussing here.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    ThomasN7 wrote: »

Yes. It most definitely does if you can't find opponents.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member

If you're on Xbox, it's in your network settings. If on PS4, you can find it in the network settings, but not the IPv. PS4 doesn't display it. You'd need to use a PC to check that or talk to your ISP.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

Yes. It most definitely does if you can't find opponents.

searching for drop in games is NOT affected in any way by NAT type.
  • If he's playing other multiplayer games just fine which I assume he is, then it doesn't have anything to do with router settings. Getting tired of seeing this excuse for EA's crappy servers.
  • Gameplay in online vs should be set that users can deke around AI defence at a higher completion rate.

People don’t turn into their defence and rely on their overpowered AI to get the puck back. I’m sorry but I play online to PLAY other users not the cpu.
  • gbaby11 wrote: »
    Gameplay in online vs should be set that users can deke around AI defence at a higher completion rate.

People don’t turn into their defence and rely on their overpowered AI to get the puck back. I’m sorry but I play online to PLAY other users not the cpu.

AI are basically pylons in versus and hut with 1.03 tuner, Imop too much like pylons. I am unsure how anyone can see AI as OP right now, they are borderline useless if you don't take control of the closest player to the puck. Even the goalies are awful at short side shots, though they can be godly at making cross crease saves.
    Gameplay in online vs should be set that users can deke around AI defence at a higher completion rate.

People should not be penalized for choosing to pick the moment they switch to the closest player.

People HAVE to rely on the AI at some point - you can not control all 5 skaters at once.

I got called a “skill-zoner” because on the rush, I maintained control of my forward and didn’t take control of my Defense until the opponent got to the corner and did the typical circle.

So - I didn’t take control of the Defense when my opponent wanted me to, so therefore my “tactic” was to “ skill-zone” when the reality is that I almost exclusively control my Defense when defending, except during the transition from rush to zone entry.

If you aren’t frantically switching players - exposing yourself to defensive lapses - you get called a skill zoner.

Kind of funny.

People should not be penalized for choosing to pick the moment they switch to the closest player.

People HAVE to rely on the AI at some point - you can not control all 5 skaters at once.

I got called a “skill-zoner” because on the rush, I maintained control of my forward and didn’t take control of my Defense until the opponent got to the corner and did the typical circle.

So - I didn’t take control of the Defense when my opponent wanted me to, so therefore my “tactic” was to “ skill-zone” when the reality is that I almost exclusively control my Defense when defending, except during the transition from rush to zone entry.

If you aren’t frantically switching players - exposing yourself to defensive lapses - you get called a skill zoner.

Kind of funny.

My point is that when you play an online vs game there should be occasions when you go 1 on 1 with a user and not the cpu everytime. I know there’s multiple ways to beat that tactic you speak of but it just eliminates the fun in my opinion.

I play a lot of couch coop online with friends and we control the closest guy to the puck at all times and are in the top 50. It’s very evident when people lock on one position and the cpu is capable of doing things no user can do on offence.

Just my thoughts. I get where you are coming from also.

My point is that when you play an online vs game there should be occasions when you go 1 on 1 with a user and not the cpu everytime. I know there’s multiple ways to beat that tactic you speak of but it just eliminates the fun in my opinion.

I play a lot of couch coop online with friends and we control the closest guy to the puck at all times and are in the top 50. It’s very evident when people lock on one position and the cpu is capable of doing things no user can do on offence.

Just my thoughts. I get where you are coming from also.

Yea I totally get what you're saying. There's a lot of people who feel that all encounters in this game should be 1on1 with the other human, but unfortunately, that just can't happen.

There are countless times in this game where switching your control to a player introduces a very small period of reaction time that can be the difference between someone scoring and someone being forced to make another play.

If a CPU defender of mine is stuck like glue on to an opposing puck carrier and the current state of that interaction is high speed/high stakes - I don't swap my control over to that defender because in doing so, the frames in which control changes from CPU to Human can allow the player with the puck just that one or two frames of extra steps they need to get a shot off.

Whereas I can trust the CPU defender will continue to pursue while I use a human controlled player to cut off the puck carriers most dangerous options, it more often than not causes a turnover.

That said, the above scenario gets people worked up in to a frenzy debating whether it is 'skill zone' or not.

I think that the changes made to NHL 19 - primarily the muting of CPU defenders in terms of their ability to throw a hit, pint to the boards etc has essentially killed the skill zone.

Sure, there's people that still find success in utilizing the skill zone against non-elite players. It can still work against opponents who fear attacks from the CPU. But once you realize the CPU is just keeping up pressure and not actually attacking you - you can easily dance around and exploit a user who refuses to engage with you 1-on-1.
  • Why are some rosters complete yet others dont have a "current" roster
  • Fix for an issue introduced in tuner 1.02 regarding AI penalty frequency in offline modes. Penalties from the AI offline using this tuner will now be the same as they are in tuners 1.00 and 1.01

Now the CPU team never takes penalties. Played two offline franchise games with patch and 1.04 and I had 12 penalties and the CPU had 0.

For now, I'm going back to 1.03. Something isn't right with 1.04 for offline.. yes it's a small sample size but not 1 penalty taken by the CPU team in both games.
  • NHLDev
    1677 posts EA NHL Developer
    Fix for an issue introduced in tuner 1.02 regarding AI penalty frequency in offline modes. Penalties from the AI offline using this tuner will now be the same as they are in tuners 1.00 and 1.01

Now the CPU team never takes penalties. Played two offline franchise games with patch and 1.04 and I had 12 penalties and the CPU had 0.

For now, I'm going back to 1.03. Something isn't right with 1.04 for offline.. yes it's a small sample size but not 1 penalty taken by the CPU team in both games.

It’s a personal choice. You can also start with 1.04 and adjust sliders from there. In 1.03 you will have a harder time using the sliders as it defaults more harsh, what we changed will allow people to dial things in to their liking a bit better but if you like 1.03 that is great and why we always keep past tuners available for offline.
  • Masontcarr
    110 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    @NHLDev can we expect the Stadium series 2019 uniforms for Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and Stadium series 2018 uniforms for Toronto, as well as Toronto's st pats 2019 and Tampa Bay's new alternate jersey to come to NHL 19 in a future update or next NHL game?
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    Fix for an issue introduced in tuner 1.02 regarding AI penalty frequency in offline modes. Penalties from the AI offline using this tuner will now be the same as they are in tuners 1.00 and 1.01

It’s a personal choice. You can also start with 1.04 and adjust sliders from there. In 1.03 you will have a harder time using the sliders as it defaults more harsh, what we changed will allow people to dial things in to their liking a bit better but if you like 1.03 that is great and why we always keep past tuners available for offline.

I have the main penalty slider on 4/4 but today I'll try 1.04 with the two penalty sliders within the slider section turned up all the way.
  • NHLDev
    Masontcarr wrote: »
    @NHLDev can we expect the Stadium series 2019 uniforms for Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and Stadium series 2018 uniforms for Toronto, as well as Toronto's st pats 2019 and Tampa Bay's new alternate jersey to come to NHL 19 in a future update or next NHL game?

I am personally not sure if they will get added for sure but we have done those types of updates in the past so there is chance we would see those new ones as well if there are future updates to the game.
  • NHLDev
    edited February 2019
    NHLDev wrote: »

I have the main penalty slider on 4/4 but today I'll try 1.04 with the two penalty sliders within the slider section turned up all the way.

Ok. Keep us posted with your results. We had also made improvements this year to the ai decisions on when to perform some defensive actions (specifically around pokes and defensive skill stick) that would change their chances of penalties as well so that along with the tuning to the penalties for offline could have worked together to bring them down so tuning may be required if you are looking for a higher rate.