EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 - Tuner and Patch Notes

167891012Next

Replies

• Why are there still preseason and post trade deadline roster limits in franchise mode? This has been a rule since 2008 that during the preseason and after the trade deadline there is no limit as to how many players can be on the NHL team as long as they occupy one of the 50 contract slots. For the love of God....fix this...
  • NHLDev wrote: »

Ok. Keep us posted with your results. We had also made improvements this year to the ai decisions on when to perform some defensive actions (specifically around pokes and defensive skill stick) that would change their chances of penalties as well so that along with the tuning to the penalties for offline could have worked together to bring them down so tuning may be required if you are looking for a higher rate.

I went into the gameplay sliders and cranked up the CPU to max and they took 3 in my last game, so it's a start. :)
  • Please scrap this entire game and start over, bring back attributes to eashl & grinding and make it fun again. The whiners got their way and it's vanilla garbage. It's become the frankenstein monster and needs the town's people (us) to lynch it to death. Way to much broken to try and fix.
  • bruhhh17
    2 posts New member
    NHL 19 Has a lot of areas to improve in:
    Players:
    •Dman are slow
    •Helmet glitch
    •size (players are not proportional size)

CPU:
    •fix teammate cpu
    -put in front of net
    -pick up puck, not skate by it
    -cpu teammate penalties
    -positioning

gameplay:
    •PENALTIES (too many)
    •sticks and pucks going THROUGH other players, objects, and boards
    •stick and POKE check needs to be completely redone (a NHL player definitely doesn’t poke check like that at all)
    •rink size
    •ice tilts
    •point system could be done better (online VS)
    •PASSING (a very big topic)
    -passes go opposite or completely different direction
    •checking (dramatic effect when being shoved or pushed)

bonus points:
    new commentary (more lines, too repetitive)

goalie puck tracking

Due to lack of effort, logic, and thought put into creation of game, a majority of the NHL community is very unpleased with the content we are handed every year.
  • Hi alls
    Please try my sliders. Nhl19 is the best of hockey simulation with good sliders set! Trust me.
    Passes, Shots, Rebounds, Shots from the point, Cpu position, Pokechecks! Yes I love pokecheck at the nhl19 now, Penalties 3-5 per game...Hits! Yes, I like how are hits so accurate at the nhl19.
    It is not a joke. It is everything about sliders.
    It is a first time when any hockey game is so good as simulation.
    I am playing every day now. I like it more and more!

Yes: there are some bugs. But minor I think.
    I was set Croschecking,Highsticking,Interference to 100 as maximum. Nope there it was not called this penalty for 100 matches :)

Core of gameplay is the best what I seen from 1993. If EA team can do repair only two bugs I will not need more.
    1. CpU has doing more passes on D. Often 4-6 and then shoot. It must be only 1-3 passes as maximum and shoot as in real hockey.
    2. More variety for penalties. In the real hockey there is no each game the same. Basically in the nhl19 is more tripping,slashing,hooking call. It is a great! Yes it is real. I am satisfied with this. What I am missing are highsticks 1-2 per game as in real. The same as croschecks especially near the net 0-1 per game.
    The same as interference 0-2 per game.

Again, try my sliders. Give a chance to EA. You will be more satisfied with this game.
  • CheeBob87
    4 posts New member
    One timers have strange animations when performed. When you pass a puck and begin to pull a right stick quickly to onetime the puck a player is 'attracted' to the puck as like it was a magnet. Even when a player is not near the addressed area due to a weird magnet animation player quickly gets right there by strange directory and ready to smash the puck. Looks funny, but I'd like EA to fix it. Is anyone else experienced that?
  • CheeBob87 wrote: »
    One timers have strange animations when performed. When you pass a puck and begin to pull a right stick quickly to onetime the puck a player is 'attracted' to the puck as like it was a magnet. Even when a player is not near the addressed area due to a weird magnet animation player quickly gets right there by strange directory and ready to smash the puck. Looks funny, but I'd like EA to fix it. Is anyone else experienced that?

Yea, I see it quite often. Sometimes many times in a single game. Been like that for years.
  • CheeBob87 wrote: »

Yea, I see it quite often. Sometimes many times in a single game. Been like that for years.

Yes. The same, if onetimer slider = 0 or 100 there is no change. There is no change if you will set anything. It is a predefined animation bug, I think.
    Cpu players has not this bug, why?
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1321 posts Member
    it's not only with one-timers, the player receiving a pass often time makes this curve, dash or shuffle automatically when trying to receive it. It doesn't matter whether it actually gets the puck or not. And sometimes they just rush straight into offside when doing this.

All automation like this needs to go!
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    it's not only with one-timers, the player receiving a pass often time makes this curve, dash or shuffle automatically when trying to receive it. It doesn't matter whether it actually gets the puck or not. And sometimes they just rush straight into offside when doing this.

All automation like this needs to go!

Yes, this receive puck move is total unreal because player is stopped at this moment. It looks so horrible if any hockey player will do anything without any movement anytime.