EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Skating

The Beta felt good, but since pre release EA access play, the skating feels much heavier.

Still better than previous years TPS issues, but the beta felt really light and quick, but now seems heavier and slower.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

• Some people are. Personally I'm not.
  • Could be wrong but it does feel like it's slowed down from the beta.
  • can anyone confirm that the difference is based on size? seems like half the people say it feels slower and I know many people use larger players that should feel slower but they really didn't in the beta.
  • There is a lot of people who are convinced its faster :)

That's where I'm confused. Most of the posts are saying it's too fast and needs to be slowed down. This one is saying the opposite. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see for myself.

I've yet to play with anyone who's said this.
  • Feel identical to the beta to me.
  • djneohockey
    674 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    RSall14 wrote: »
    There is a lot of people who are convinced its faster :)

You will never play these guys. These people hate the online settings and the community that attract these settings.

These people would only get online again, if there is Online league or at least custom online settings.
  • Socair
    1768 posts Game Changer

You will never play these guys. These people hate the online settings and the community that attract these settings.
    Why are they comparing it to the beta then? The beta wasn’t playable offline.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • But yeah, I would trust Ben on this. If he says that they haven't changed the speed, then its all in your heads guys, period.

Unless of course, somebody did not misled him.
  • djneohockey
    674 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Socair wrote: »

Why are they comparing it to the beta then? The beta wasn’t playable offline.

Hm, that's a good point, Im not sure. They feel like the overall tuning is more arcadish. So its not just about speed, I think.

But I say the same here as I say to them. Nothing has really changed. Its just that the game is does not feel fresh or new anymore. That's why people feel its now the same or similar to 15-18.
    The changes to the mechanics, physics and AI would had to be much significant to make the game feel fresh/great longer, than for a few days or weeks.
    And we not talking about the presentation yet hah. Of course it doesn't feel like a new game for some people.
  • I think the skating is great. That being said I didn’t mind the skating in 18.
  • It'sen weeks since the Beta, but it feels the same to me...
  • Skating is a little bit slower than the beta. I saw someting on that in the forum by a developer for more "realistic " games. Only "arcade mode" is very fast like Ones, Nhl Threes.