EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

EA DEVS, A Suggestion for Community Health

Now that the game is approaching official release. Can we get a stickied thread that’s a list of confirmed bugs? The progress of said bug, whether it’s High/Low priority,and an ETA on when it would be fixed? (I also understand not committing to specific dates as well because something might happen to cause that date to be delayed and catch backlash)

I follow all games I play on their forums as well as their subreddits and this kind of stuff is something almost all of them do and I wish NHL could do as well.

I understand you guys are busy. But if someone could set aside some time to create the initial list and maintain it as new bugs are confirmed as the year progresses it really would go a long way.

Part of the frustration gaming communities feel towards publishers is when they feel they are “kept in the dark” with known issues. When a player is experiencing a game breaking bug over and over for weeks it stinks having no idea if the developers are working on it or even are aware of its existence. Remember the input lag debacle of ‘16. That took months before devs were even aware and wasn’t resolved until February.

I know this is long winded. But it’s somethjng that could help bridge the gap between developer-community. And an added bonus, it could clear up these boards of people posting about the same couple bugs multiple times.

I’m on mobile so I can’t @ the dev or the online producer guy. If someone reads this and thinks it’s a good idea please tag them in a reply so they can see it.

Replies

• HandsomeCatf1sh
    1683 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    ^
    @NHLDev
    Good idea!!!
  • what an awesome idea. They have literally never done anything like this, they have almost no communication with their community. it's all these little things that endear you to your customers that they have never done. Prime example, the errors/freezes in beta are literally game breaking. I mean I can't believe any online player is buying this game without proof that this was solved. They never even acknowledged it as a problem and now early release players are stating they are having the same issue.
  • what an awesome idea. They have literally never done anything like this, they have almost no communication with their community. it's all these little things that endear you to your customers that they have never done. Prime example, the errors/freezes in beta are literally game breaking. I mean I can't believe any online player is buying this game without proof that this was solved. They never even acknowledged it as a problem and now early release players are stating they are having the same issue.

They actually said it was a problem and then they said they fixed the connection issues causing players to drop from the games. So yeah. There's that.
  • I heard them mention 6s dropin freezes but not all the error disconnects and loops in EASHL club. Sorry should have clarified. In beta at least half the people I know were getting these 80% of the time. If they mentioned that somewhere I missed it but it should be a giant sticky. If that's not resolved they might as well released the game without EASHL.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1683 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I heard them mention 6s dropin freezes but not all the error disconnects and loops in EASHL club. Sorry should have clarified. In beta at least half the people I know were getting these 80% of the time. If they mentioned that somewhere I missed it but it should be a giant sticky. If that's not resolved they might as well released the game without EASHL.

During the beta I was getting the errors and games were freezing before puck drop at a high rate.
    During the Ea access trial I played about 30 dropins and it only happened twice
    (Xbox)
  • I tried starting a GLITCH/BUG PAGE...........................
  • a glitch/bug page should be locked and posts should only come from EA. otherwise it's not confirmed.
  • a glitch/bug page should be locked and posts should only come from EA. otherwise it's not confirmed.

They’re never going to release that info to you. They can say they are working on it when you ask but they’re not going to come out and say these are all the errors we’ve discovered, even if you haven’t seen them, unless there is a fix in place.

I created a bug thread with all the info I’ve read on the forums. Most of what I’ve put in there has already been confirmed to being looked at

They’re never going to release that info to you. They can say they are working on it when you ask but they’re not going to come out and say these are all the errors we’ve discovered, even if you haven’t seen them, unless there is a fix in place.

I created a bug thread with all the info I’ve read on the forums. Most of what I’ve put in there has already been confirmed to being looked at

I know they aren't... That is my point.
  • Why would’t they though. Devs do it all the time. There’s plenty of boards out there with megathread bugs.