EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

CR

13Next

Replies

• Moxrox84 wrote: »

The wins/losses makes sense for VS/HUT, but that's should not be implemented in EASHL.

Exactly. This is "drop in". CR should have no bearing on the matchmaking system, especially since drop ins (in hockey) are never organized by skill level. I play in a couple of leagues here in DFW, and they are separated by skill level. A level does not compete against D level, and that's just simple logic.

However, none of the rinks here post a "skill level" drop in. Drop in is for anyone and everyone to show up and play. NHL 18, for all its gameplay flaws, at least got the drop in matchmaking right.

Here is an idea that some people may like...again I say may like...I don't know if I even do, but I'm just spitballing...

First, let letter grades decide matchmaking as I stated before. If you average C or lower, that's one skill level, a B-C another skill level and A and above the highest skill level. In order for this to work, the grading system would have to be graded a little bit more harsh though.

EA could implement certain goals for you to accomplish as player, similar to Be a Pro. Not only will this create better lobbies, but it will help teach everyone how to be better players!

Now for the "neat" idea that I'm still not 100% on.

If you fall in the lowest skill level, you are playing on the outdoor pond hockey rink with the casual clothing. If you progress up to the second tier skill level, you move on to the amateur rink in which you are upgrade to team jerseys and gear, and then finally the third tier will move you on up to the professional rink in which you go into full uniform.

The biggest issue with this may be the number of people in each tier. Meaning the grades would have to change around each tier levels off.

Again, this is just an idea and I know it's flawed, but it's something I suppose...

Great idea for sure, but even then, coaching feedback is just way too flawed.

As a goalie or a dman, if you play for a very offensive team and spend alot of time in the offensive zone, you D grades will suffer. Not because you're bad or not playing well. As a goalie, you get 6 shots and save 5 of them, you will have horrible grades simply because you do not get enough shots to raise your percentage.

The system is so flawed that I do not even know how to begin to save it.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »

The wins/losses makes sense for VS/HUT, but that's should not be implemented in EASHL.

Exactly. This is "drop in". CR should have no bearing on the matchmaking system, especially since drop ins (in hockey) are never organized by skill level. I play in a couple of leagues here in DFW, and they are separated by skill level. A level does not compete against D level, and that's just simple logic.

However, none of the rinks here post a "skill level" drop in. Drop in is for anyone and everyone to show up and play. NHL 18, for all its gameplay flaws, at least got the drop in matchmaking right.

Here is an idea that some people may like...again I say may like...I don't know if I even do, but I'm just spitballing...

First, let letter grades decide matchmaking as I stated before. If you average C or lower, that's one skill level, a B-C another skill level and A and above the highest skill level. In order for this to work, the grading system would have to be graded a little bit more harsh though.

EA could implement certain goals for you to accomplish as player, similar to Be a Pro. Not only will this create better lobbies, but it will help teach everyone how to be better players!

Now for the "neat" idea that I'm still not 100% on.

If you fall in the lowest skill level, you are playing on the outdoor pond hockey rink with the casual clothing. If you progress up to the second tier skill level, you move on to the amateur rink in which you are upgrade to team jerseys and gear, and then finally the third tier will move you on up to the professional rink in which you go into full uniform.

The biggest issue with this may be the number of people in each tier. Meaning the grades would have to change around each tier levels off.

Again, this is just an idea and I know it's flawed, but it's something I suppose...

Great idea for sure, but even then, coaching feedback is just way too flawed.

As a goalie or a dman, if you play for a very offensive team and spend alot of time in the offensive zone, you D grades will suffer. Not because you're bad or not playing well. As a goalie, you get 6 shots and save 5 of them, you will have horrible grades simply because you do not get enough shots to raise your percentage.

The system is so flawed that I do not even know how to begin to save it.

Yeah, it definitely needs to be reworked. EA just needs to pick either the CR or the grades and revamp it.
  • VIDSICIOUS wrote: »

Thats an interesting idea! I'm not gonna try to poke holes in your thoughts.
    To keeps things simple why not just use the letter grades from coach feedback to balance matchmaking for EASHL.

Makes more sense...it obviously keeps track because you can see your average grade in each category (offense, defense, team). Base it on that before basing it on CR. Even if your CR is 650, if your D rating is an F that's going to affect who you are matched with.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    rcompton78 wrote: »
    CR is so depressing.

Cant remember who on here said it but McDavid would have a terrible CR.

I know I'm by no means God at this game but I always feel like McDavid compared to a lot of my dropin teammates and my CR reflects that.

That was me. My only good quote on here. Putting it on my tombstone.

Still trying to bring my CR up from 3 days of early access with randoms.

Come on now, you know you got that from me....

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/comment/1981912#Comment_1981912

Ahh crap I can't even take credit for that. Now my headstone will be blank. Or maybe it could read 'Knew the guy that said this....'
  • Since we're on the topic of broken Coach Feedback, did anyone notice it's broken?@NHLDev

20180919_155927_zpstvwwppm8.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

20180919_155952_zpsrrkgkw7w.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

I have 18 games played and every one as a defenseman but apparently I'm a good forward.
  • Since we're on the topic of broken Coach Feedback, did anyone notice it's broken?@NHLDev

I have 18 games played and every one as a defenseman but apparently I'm a good forward.

I hear if you poke check a bit more, your defensive grade will get better... :D

Thats because you spend the entire game up the ice, snap'n wristers and breaking ankles. Its not like your a good stay at home defenseman or anything. Lol
  • monz wrote: »
    Thats because you spend the entire game up the ice, snap'n wristers and breaking ankles. Its not like your a good stay at home defenseman or anything. Lol

LOL I cant even tie my own skates, let alone break ankles.