EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

Don't want to play CHEL

Prev1345
How do I play EASHL drop-in and not the outdoor chel garbage?

Replies

• Only option to play drop-in game is outdoors... sorry.
  • Only way is to play CLUB
  • No media or mention of that in the demo or from their press. Feel pretty deceived.
  • How do I play EASHL drop-in and not the outdoor chel garbage?

I know, it is sad isn't it? Way worse than previous years. Big mistake.
  • I bought NHL 19 the moment the early copy came out a few days ago and didn't even touch it today. Drop ins are one of my favorite things to play and now it resembles nothing like NHL hockey. You can't even tell what's going on half the time with the Sportchek fall clothing line on everybody. I've made passes to the opponent on several occasions by accident, there's no commentary so it's just bland and boring. You sit in the waiting room trying to even find a game sometimes for 15 minutes before you get put in a room with 2 guys while the other team has one D and a goalie and it doesn't let you back out. The clock runs so fast that by the time you realize you don't want to play this, you're already loaded up and ready to take a DNF. It's absolutely the worst possible mode now with zero playability
  • No media or mention of that in the demo or from their press. Feel pretty deceived.

It was stated well before the game came out. During the beta days it was stated what would be indoor and what would be outdoor. Just look better
  • MDubz83 wrote: »
    I bought NHL 19 the moment the early copy came out a few days ago and didn't even touch it today. Drop ins are one of my favorite things to play and now it resembles nothing like NHL hockey. You can't even tell what's going on half the time with the Sportchek fall clothing line on everybody. I've made passes to the opponent on several occasions by accident, there's no commentary so it's just bland and boring. You sit in the waiting room trying to even find a game sometimes for 15 minutes before you get put in a room with 2 guys while the other team has one D and a goalie and it doesn't let you back out. The clock runs so fast that by the time you realize you don't want to play this, you're already loaded up and ready to take a DNF. It's absolutely the worst possible mode now with zero playability
    Because it’s not NHL.
    Drop ins are pick up games.
    It’s fun and refreshing.
  • [/quote]
    Because it’s not NHL.
    It’s fun and refreshing.
    [/quote]

I have to agree with the previous post, the EASHL drop-ins have been ruined...it is bland, defanged, homogenized..crappy trendy clothes that include skinny jeans (haha the joke's on you....and me...and everyone else).

When gamers protested the social justice actions of EA with titles such as Battlefield, I used to think "poor doods, at least those types of 'social justice' changes won't affect the NHL series..."
    How wrong I was to think that....EA has found a way to crush the spirit of hockey, to make it into a bugmen festival....
    It's the little things - like not being able to start fights in drop-ins, or muck and scrum after the whistle....the skinny jeans and clown gear that is befitting a bunch of soulless bureaucrats working for a multi-national tech company...the bland menu, and little to no connection to actual NHL or minor league teams like we had in past EASHL drop-ins...the crummy music that keeps playing even when you turn it down to zero in the menus.....lack of highlights for those who make plays throughout the game, that benefit the team..

It's almost as if EA has contempt for its own customers :smiley:

I didn't think they could do it to EASHL but they did. ....WTG EA.

My PSN is mayormcfudge. I like to play RD - DD or Enforcer. I am a goalie's friend :D
  • Its is a real shame! I loved Drops for its convenience, You could hop into a professional looking game with an NHL vibe. Sadly we are now relegated to play with street clothes outdoors. Why? because Because of Adidas's advertising dollars. Theres a thread below on that topic.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/228834/adidas-in-world-of-chel#latest

Haven't touched the game for two days now. Club is my fav but not always an option during the day. I don't find anything refreshing about playing outdoors in street clothes. Its a dogs breakfast of colours which in my opinion is makes the game look cheap. Even with the black vs white tops you still get people with ridiculous looking pants. Some people seem to think that just because its a more casual mode that we need to look casual also. I couldn't disagree more. The game is called "NHL" not "Adidas Pond Hockey Fashion Catologue"

I would much rather play a winter classic style game than pond hockey. Sadly there are no advertising dollars to be made there so it will never happen.
    I bought NHL 19 the moment the early copy came out a few days ago and didn't even touch it today. Drop ins are one of my favorite things to play and now it resembles nothing like NHL hockey. You can't even tell what's going on half the time with the Sportchek fall clothing line on everybody. I've made passes to the opponent on several occasions by accident, there's no commentary so it's just bland and boring. You sit in the waiting room trying to even find a game sometimes for 15 minutes before you get put in a room with 2 guys while the other team has one D and a goalie and it doesn't let you back out. The clock runs so fast that by the time you realize you don't want to play this, you're already loaded up and ready to take a DNF. It's absolutely the worst possible mode now with zero playability

its bland because EA threw all their money into developing goof suits
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1634 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    mrbnatural wrote: »
    Because it’s not NHL.
    It’s fun and refreshing.
    [/quote]

I have to agree with the previous post, the EASHL drop-ins have been ruined...it is bland, defanged, homogenized..crappy trendy clothes that include skinny jeans (haha the joke's on you....and me...and everyone else).

When gamers protested the social justice actions of EA with titles such as Battlefield, I used to think "poor doods, at least those types of 'social justice' changes won't affect the NHL series..."
    How wrong I was to think that....EA has found a way to crush the spirit of hockey, to make it into a bugmen festival....
    It's the little things - like not being able to start fights in drop-ins, or muck and scrum after the whistle....the skinny jeans and clown gear that is befitting a bunch of soulless bureaucrats working for a multi-national tech company...the bland menu, and little to no connection to actual NHL or minor league teams like we had in past EASHL drop-ins...the crummy music that keeps playing even when you turn it down to zero in the menus.....lack of highlights for those who make plays throughout the game, that benefit the team..

It's almost as if EA has contempt for its own customers :smiley:

I didn't think they could do it to EASHL but they did. ....WTG EA.

[/quote]

It’s Eashl. Not NHL.
    I welcome the change...if you want the “nhl” experience there are plenty of other modes.
    Club which is a more serious mode has the big arena feel and what not.
    Also, I’m glad they took away the pre puck drop “hey I wanna fight”...and the waste of time after whistle shenanigans.
    That’s more clown than skinny jeans.
    Because it’s not NHL.
    It’s fun and refreshing.

Last time I checked, this game was called NHL 19 not Sportchek Fall/Winter Line 19. For those of us who ONLY play EASHL Club/ Drop In mode, now there is 100% ZERO semblance of this game having ANYTHING to do with the NHL. Up until now we could pick NHL uniforms, or any of the many other leagues. I don't want to play pond hockey, leave that crap for the arcade gimmick modes, this is supposed to be a sim NHL video game.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1634 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    MDubz83 wrote: »
    MDubz83 wrote: »
    Because it’s not NHL.
    It’s fun and refreshing.

Last time I checked, this game was called NHL 19 not Sportchek Fall/Winter Line 19. For those of us who ONLY play EASHL Club/ Drop In mode, now there is 100% ZERO semblance of this game having ANYTHING to do with the NHL. Up until now we could pick NHL uniforms, or any of the many other leagues. I don't want to play pond hockey, leave that crap for the arcade gimmick modes, this is supposed to be a sim NHL video game.

Again. It’s EASHL. Not NHL for online team play.
    I’m not Wayne. You’re not Mario.
    This mode isn’t NHL. Nobody playing this game as a individual is Connor Mcdavid.
    There are plenty of NHL immersive modes.

Club is a more serious “NHL Style” ...but it’s stil EASHL.

We can agree to disagree, but what Ea has done makes complete sense when it comes to the sport of hockey in general.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2203 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    We can agree to disagree, but what Ea has done makes complete sense when it comes to the sport of hockey in general.

100%.

The community has been dwindling for years. You can either keep hitting your head expecting different results or you can make a change.

I think the combination of a more casual mode along with revamped skating is going to do good refilling the player pool.

They 100% need to bring back play by play though.
  • [/quote]
    Because it’s not NHL.
    It’s fun and refreshing.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

This mode isn’t NHL. Nobody playing this game as a individual is Connor Mcdavid.

[/quote]

I play EASHL drop-ins because it's easy right from the gate to get a game going, especially with some Canadian dudes being total bros on a Friday night. I have no illusions of being Mario, Gretzky or Denis Potvin...but hey it's like I am LARPing as an NHLer, we better make this most recent incarnation 'casual'

A lot of guys who do drop-in are older, from their thirties up...we don't always have time and energy to 6v6 club. The beauty of EASHL up to NHL 18 was the ease to get games like this going (despite the host of problems faced, 19 seems just as defective if not worse).

I get it, that the social engineers at EA believe male gamers have a toxic masculinity problem and need their beloved video games to be changed, to reflect cultural enrichment and vibrancy.....of course, these recent changes will only cause a further disconnect with gamers who are hockey fans. Seems a rather dopey business model but if it connects with one out of every three customers, it must be a success.

My PSN is mayormcfudge. I like to play RD - DD or Enforcer. I am a goalie's friend :D
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1634 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    mrbnatural wrote: »
    Because it’s not NHL.
    It’s fun and refreshing.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I play EASHL drop-ins because it's easy right from the gate to get a game going, especially with some Canadian dudes being total bros on a Friday night. I have no illusions of being Mario, Gretzky or Denis Potvin...but hey it's like I am LARPing as an NHLer, we better make this most recent incarnation 'casual'

A lot of guys who do drop-in are older, from their thirties up...we don't always have time and energy to 6v6 club. The beauty of EASHL up to NHL 18 was the ease to get games like this going (despite the host of problems faced, 19 seems just as defective if not worse).

I get it, that the social engineers at EA believe male gamers have a toxic masculinity problem and need their beloved video games to be changed, to reflect cultural enrichment and vibrancy.....of course, these recent changes will only cause a further disconnect with gamers who are hockey fans. Seems a rather dopey business model but if it connects with one out of every three customers, it must be a success.

[/quote]
    —————————————————-
    You ARE larping.
    Your whole argument over what drop ins are ...and always should have been in the EASHL. (Not NHL) is ...
    “ I feel like it’s not hockey because we’re not in a stadium pretending we’re a NHL team.
    Pretending=Larping.

P.s You said “it will cause a further disconnect from hockey fans”

What you meant to say is “a further disconnect from NHL fans”...because if you’re a fan of the game of hockey in it’s pure form....Playing a pick up mode in a pick up atmosphere wouldn’t upset you.
  • All of these comments are missing the point. Drop in games are where the general community is at. That experience is what makes this game. I don't mind the idea of change but so far it is poorly implemented. The player base is going to shrink not grow.

The gameplay improvements have me excited for first time in years for club. I don't plan on wasting any time on drops. Especially since they still have done nothing to stop what is sure to continue as a troll fest mode that is a terrible experience.

Problem is last I heard club is not really an option for many as the game errors out and it takes an hour just to get a single game.

Back on topic all of the changes to drop in seen bad and boring or poorly implemented. Problem with this game compared to many others is one released they can't say oops we messed up get working on fixing it. Their management seems to have a fixed schedule. 2 minor patches updates a year is all EA can "afford". So I don't expect anything to really change.

Oh well, looking forward to best gameplay in years in club really wish they would just release a cheap, club only version of this game
  • Drop ins are more fun now than they have been since the move to new gen
  • Because it’s not NHL.
    It’s fun and refreshing.
    Because it's not NHL
    While it is not the NHL, it is hockey - pond hockey is not real hockey, regardless of what you pretend. No pond hockey in street gear would have two-goalies, refs or even in an actual event, have street gears with no helmets.

3091f52a2186b9bc4f4ff6ff83632d6c_p_vi_48622_1483457959.jpg

This is the Best Buy Cup in Québec. They play on a pond, but look, they are still wearing actual gear!

Oh, but those are kids. True...

But then, when adults or teens are concern in pond hockey, it is usually around 8 v 8, on smaller rink.

It might not be the NHL, but Drop-ins aren't better because of this change.

Drop-ins are pick up games.
    Do you play hockey not on a console - I do! And I would never assume otherwise than to bring my full gear, a white and dark jersey, to a rink!

Again, this change to Drop-in was unnecessary to say the least, it is a bad idea that alienates fans of the mode. Yea, to many it is a goof-off mode, but others, as pointed out by the quite strong response, see it as their only option to enjoy Online Team Play.

I do hope they bring the real Drop-in mode back, as they did with NHL 15 (more or less).

• mrbnatural wrote: »
    Because it’s not NHL.
    It’s fun and refreshing.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    —————————————————-
    You ARE larping.
    Your whole argument over what drop ins are ...and always should have been in the EASHL. (Not NHL) is ...
    “ I feel like it’s not hockey because we’re not in a stadium pretending we’re a NHL team.
    Pretending=Larping.

P.s You said “it will cause a further disconnect from hockey fans”

What you meant to say is “a further disconnect from NHL fans”...because if you’re a fan of the game of hockey in it’s pure form....Playing a pick up mode in a pick up atmosphere wouldn’t upset you.[/quote]

No, not LARPing here, just enjoying a competitive sports-themed video game among friends....
    I suppose doing casuals in hipster pants and funny hats is also LARPing? EVERYTHING (including breathing and dropping a deuce) is Muh LARPing by your logic...

You should be a spin doctor for Electronic Arts...you got the knack for it