EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

EASHL Drop In Kick

Why was I just kicked out of a game for going offside a few times? This seems a bit ridiculous.

Replies

• Why was I just kicked out of a game for going offside a few times? This seems a bit ridiculous.

They've had this in the game. I don't know the number of times you must go offsides for this to occur, but I think it's a necessity for the number of trolls that are in the game. Sounds like it was just some unfortunate events for you... Whatever the situation is, just make sure your waiting for the puck to enter the zone.
  • Why was I just kicked out of a game for going offside a few times? This seems a bit ridiculous.

Going offside a "few" times is kind of ridiculous too though.
  • Socair
    1506 posts Game Changer
    Based off watching a few streams it looks like they tightened up on the kick logic or made it more strict.
    I know going offside a few times is not the same as intentionally doing it, which is the point of the kick system. Maybe they’ll tweak it again, like last year.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1634 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Doesn’t it have to do with overall grade as well?? If you dip into that F grade I believe “the coach takes you out of the game”
    It probably was a combination off going offsides and some other bad stuff.
  • madhatv2 wrote: »
    Why was I just kicked out of a game for going offside a few times? This seems a bit ridiculous.

Going offside a "few" times is kind of ridiculous too though.

I know right? If you go off sides its always the player doing it's fault.
  • Doesn’t it have to do with overall grade as well?? If you dip into that F grade I believe “the coach takes you out of the game”

Yeah, I may have had a few penalties mixed in there as well. I was just frustrated because I was playing with friends, so I wasn't doing it on purpose.
  • Doesn’t it have to do with overall grade as well?? If you dip into that F grade I believe “the coach takes you out of the game”

I hope the letter grade is not the case. The rating system is still flawed in my opinion. My brother, who plays defense, chooses to actually play "wing" the entire game and be out of position. However, if he gets a decent amount of hits and at least one goal/assist, he always seems to get straight A's. Meanwhile, I play center, and I get dinged for giving up breakaways and/or odd man rushes because he's not back to cover.
  • I didn't even know this existed lol