EA Forums - Banner

Gm mode (offline reviews)

Ok guys and girls ,
i did not spend a dime on nhl in over 5 years ,but last years i bought nhl 18 for ps4
and i sold it before christmas ,the flow of the game ,control not responding ,dumb a.i,just overall game were boring..

so what the HONNEST reviews,for the offline side of this game for this years ?
is it worth it?

cheers
MRSENATEURS

Replies

• frenchfrog wrote: »
    Ok guys and girls ,
    i did not spend a dime on nhl in over 5 years ,but last years i bought nhl 18 for ps4
    and i sold it before christmas ,the flow of the game ,control not responding ,dumb a.i,just overall game were boring..

so what the HONNEST reviews,for the offline side of this game for this years ?
    is it worth it?

cheers

I've never had an issue with offline play especially since they added the game play sliders a few years ago, so if you couple that with somewhat smarter AI and the new skating and hitting engines and you have a fairly solid playing game. Most of the complaints on here stem from online issues I've noticed so if you don't plan on playing online I think you'll enjoy the game.

Be a Pro is the same as last year. Franchise mode got an overhaul to scouting and added a feature called fog of war which masks the ability of the players in the league and draft and you won't know anything about the players if you don't scout them.

Overall I think it's a great buy for an offline player.
  • thanks for the review ,i might wait until a month or two ..or at black friday ..where game price are cut in half price ...im not sure if 79.99 ...is worth it
    MRSENATEURS
  • i forgot to ask if they fix the players progresion in be agm ,last years you would play one years and after that the league made no sense ...
    and did they made a wider range between player ...cause all the player felt the same to me..

thanx
    MRSENATEURS