EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

NHL 19 Concerns

The new skating is a breath of fresh air, after the debacle TPS was this was the most important change that we needed.

However, there is still considerable input delay due to server latency issues with many gamers where although the skating is much better but can't get the full effect of the new skating due to the input/latency issues. We need server, net code improvement from EA in order to get this game playing the best it can.

With that said, there are some gameplay issues that hopefully will be addressed in tuners/patches.

1. Pass interceptions are too high, literally nothing gets thru anymore, I'm not talking about thru people/defenders, I'm talking about thru passing lanes where defenders sticks snag every single pass. This takes away any incentive to cycle/work the puck around trying to pass the puck to teammates, might as well Johnny one man show it or shoot instead.

2. Compounding #1 issue above, when a pass DOES get thru the goalies are way overpowered in sliding backside to stop the open one timers, I've had multiple games where I have not scored a single back side one timer, literally 0 - 20 on shot attempts, the goalies just don't let them in. Again, this does not incentives cycling/passing to set up plays to get a teammate one timers, etc. might as well Johnny one man show it or shoot instead.

The result of these 2 issues = almost every single game being a stressful grind low scoring game, regardless of skill, regardless of how many shots, regardless of puck control and time on attack, etc. Games are not being decided by quality shots and playmaking, they are being decided by wild shots from everywhere going in, deflections, and rebounds which. In other words the game has been reprogrammed to help the casual player compete, by severely minimizing the success of the skilled scoring opportunities
keeps the games close so any random shot can change the outcome of the game.

Replies

• Pass interceptions, I 100% agree with. Tuner is way too high. Players can intercept passes even when their backs are towards the passer, also the radius of the interception is overly excessive. This needs to be nerfed.

• titomahawk
    110 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    How about like the last 10 years...Are defenders still able to easily intercept a slap shot puck to clear the zone?
    And do they still have that hidden powerful puck magnet at the end of their stick?
  • CPU goalies cant save a cross crease if their life depended on it so please keep interceptions the way they are so we dont have NHL 12.2
  • Canuck250
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I think your goal scoring issue is with you and not the game. Maybe instead of trying the same way of scoring do something different. Goalies in the NHL know their shooters and will cheat depending on who it is. The game knows your a 1 trick so will stop it.
  • CPU goalies cant save a cross crease if their life depended on it so please keep interceptions the way they are so we dont have NHL 12.2

I don'T mind keeping the interception like it is but offline, goalies are way more prone to let a blue line shot in than a cross crease. They are magical in that regard.
  • "I think your goal scoring issue is with you and not the game"

Nice try, but no dice.

The goalies are superhuman on backdoor one timers so far this year. We need to get away from random shots on net, deflections, and rebounds and back to promoting setting up tic tac toe plays like in the old days when this game was at it's most popular.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2381 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    The goalies are superhuman on backdoor one timers so far this year.

In Bacon's video the one timer is the best way to score.
  • sgiz1
    535 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    "CPU goalies cant save a cross crease if their life depended on it so please keep interceptions the way they are so we dont have NHL 12.2 "

Incorrect, I've already confirmed with many NHL'ers the consensus is the goalies are superhuman on cross crease back door one timers.

The game is more fun when your instinct is the pass the puck, vs. puck hogging. NHL 12 as you point out was a "teamwork" year, the last "teamwork" year before EA destroyed the game with NHL 13. In NHL 12 passing the puck resulted in successful scoring, it promoted teamwork, cycling, passing, etc. because passes got thru and tic tac toe plays paid off, it was poetry and control, it was a blast to try to work the puck and set up plays to teammates, etc. What we've had since NHL 13 is a mess, loose pucks, random shooting on net hoping to get bounces, deflections, rebounds, just chaos... no control, very few passes getting thru, since they don't get thru the game has become more puck hogging and shooting vs. patience and passing.

We need to get this game back to patience and passing, team game.... getting tired of this one man show hockey game relying on chaos and rebounds.

[edited for profanity]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • NHL 12 required L2 and Up. Nothing more.

I'll quote Bacon here

"Your go to move it's got to be the one timer. It's the year of the one T and I'm actually going to say it's a flat out cross crease. It doesnt even have to be a one timer, you dont have to be set up on your off wing, though it does help, but even if you arent on your off wing make that pass... by far the most consistent way to score in this game hands down. It's not even close... I would rather do a one timer than have a breakaway".

Normally I dont agree with Bacon and his techniques but hes right on this one.
  • I literally go to pass left for a one timer and the pass goes empty to the board why???
  • Please help me
  • Socair
    1766 posts Game Changer
    Hi @GeneralJim22 if you could make a new topic on your concern that would be great. This is a very old thread and we like to discourage revisiting topics that haven’t been active in months. I will be closing this one to keep things fresh. Thanks.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!