EA Forums - Banner

fantasy draft pick question

So I was thinking about starting a franchise with the fantasy draft. My question is what pick do you guys normally choose? Do you always put yourself at 1st pick? is there a better position to put yourself in at a different pick so you dont have to wait 60 picks to make your second draft choice? Where do you normally set yourself up at, or do you usually leave it at wherever the game places your pick originally?

Replies

• First of all, you shouldn't wait for 60 picks to make you second draft choice. There's 31 teams...
    Second, there would be no "better position" than to pick first...
  • HockeyCityUSA
    552 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    titomahawk wrote: »
    First of all, you shouldn't wait for 60 picks to make you second draft choice. There's 31 teams...

Is the fantasy draft set up as reverse order in the second round? Meaning if he's 1st pick then his second pick would be 62nd? Or more commonly known as a snake draft? Because that makes sense then.

Your position in the draft makes a huge difference then in my opinion
  • titomahawk wrote: »
    First of all, you shouldn't wait for 60 picks to make you second draft choice. There's 31 teams...

Is the fantasy draft set up as reverse order in the second round? Meaning if he's 1st pick then his second pick would be 62nd? Because thay makes sense then

Oh, that would be different then. I'll see myself (quietly) out...

Is the fantasy draft set up as reverse order in the second round? Meaning if he's 1st pick then his second pick would be 62nd? Because thay makes sense then

Oh, that would be different then. I'll see myself (quietly) out...

No worries. I've never done a fantasy draft in game, so I don't know how it works.

Is the fantasy draft set up as reverse order in the second round? Meaning if he's 1st pick then his second pick would be 62nd? Or more commonly known as a snake draft? Because that makes sense then.

yea its a snake draft. so do you take 1st knowing you have a long wait? or do you take a middle of the pack pick, miss out on #1 but get closer picks?
  • Invidia300 wrote: »

yea its a snake draft. so do you take 1st knowing you have a long wait? or do you take a middle of the pack pick, miss out on #1 but get closer picks?

I would go middle. I don't think having a Connor McDavid or Sydney Crosby decides a game. A well balanced team is what I think is best.