EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Crowd Chants

There's been a lot of talk about teams goals songs not being in the game, but after playing a few more games today, I've noticed I haven't heard the "Let's Go Buffalo!" chant while playing VS. I've heard the banging of the drum, and in years past I would hear the chant along with it.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard their teams chant from the crowd. I would be very disappointed if this was removed as well. I'm hoping that it's there, but I just haven't heard it yet.

Replies

• No,
    The crowd is a low priority in NHL, as you can tell by some of the other posts.
    Hockey is a tricky game to realistically portray in a video game.

I would love a deep-deep dive into updating the animations, graphics, and environment of the crowd.

I just wish there was a way I can say “here’s some money, for working on this piece of the game, only”

I’m happy you pointed this out, but I’m afraid it’s the last bit they’ll look into at the moment
  • HuskyAhiga wrote: »
    No,
    The crowd is a low priority in NHL, as you can tell by some of the other posts.
    Hockey is a tricky game to realistically portray in a video game.

I would love a deep-deep dive into updating the animations, graphics, and environment of the crowd.

I just wish there was a way I can say “here’s some money, for working on this piece of the game, only”

I’m happy you pointed this out, but I’m afraid it’s the last bit they’ll look into at the moment

You do realize this was in the game for the last few years right? Most of the arenas had their unique crowd chant that's associated with the team. I'm just looking for confirmation if it was taken out. Your post is a little vague. I'm reading it as you didn't know that this was in previous games. Or are you confirming that it was definitely removed from NHL 19?

You know what's really sad, is if EA were to come out with a DLC that included all of the goal songs and/or crowd chants (If they were indeed removed) I would buy it.
  • All they have to do is attend an actually hockey game to figure it out.

Oh, fans react when theres a goal... duly noted. Oh they also reacted to a big hit.. better write that down. Oh he crowd goes eerily silent when the home teams wins the cup. Better make sure thats in there.
  • All they have to do is attend an actually hockey game to figure it out.

Oh, fans react when theres a goal... duly noted. Oh they also reacted to a big hit.. better write that down. Oh he crowd goes eerily silent when the home teams wins the cup. Better make sure thats in there.

I understand what you guys are saying, but no one is answering my question. For all I know, I'm wrong. I'm just looking for confirmation! If it's out, it's out. I'm just not sure why it would be as I wouldn't see this being a copyright issue. Maybe I'm just deaf and the crowd chants have been occuring.

Can someone just answer yes they are still in or no they are not? Thanks, much appreciated :)
  • I answered my own question. Chants are in the game, but it's really muffled for the Sabres. Other teams are in as well.
  • I answered my own question. Chants are in the game, but it's really muffled for the Sabres. Other teams are in as well.

I haven’t noticed them yet at all, idk.
    Honestly I wish they just let developers in the community, like modders, have a go at the game. The more the devs include the less I see of the older features that made the game better

• HuskyAhiga wrote: »
    I answered my own question. Chants are in the game, but it's really muffled for the Sabres. Other teams are in as well.

I haven’t noticed them yet at all, idk.
    Honestly I wish they just let developers in the community, like modders, have a go at the game. The more the devs include the less I see of the older features that made the game better

Trust me, there's some in there. I really noticed when I played against Chicago. They have the let's go Hawks before every faceoff.