EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Can we get a tutorial for these custom goal horns?

Honestly, I have no idea what I’m doing. I’m just clicking on stuff trying to figure it out. It’s a pretty neat addition to EASHL. Just confusing as hell.

Replies

• What do you want to know I’ll help
  • All of it?
    If you hit custom there’s 3 categories. Do you combine all three? Or just select one?
  • Ganmick
    113 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Well first thing you need to do is decide if want to use custom or preset. After you decide make sure you have custom selected or else it won’t play in-game.
    (Hit preset and select custom)

Select create

You start with the goal horn, it has bass,mid,treble. You may choose to have a different horn for all three categories or choose to have none for any.

After that you can choose the amount of blasts the horns go off. 1,2,3 and once you decide that you can choose how long they go, short, medium, long. As well as the delay between them.

Then there’s the flare which plays after all the horns go off.

After you selected everything go to the start screen (the one with Sounds,Blasts,Flare) and hit Square or X depending on your console to preview your new creation.
  • Thanks for the tips man. Especially the preview part. I’ll have to set aside like an hour or 2 to really get into it.

Is it just for ones? I feel like I’m hearing different goal horns in drop ins too. But I might be crazy.
  • No you can use them in drops, kinda upset that the preset ones dont work though.
  • monz wrote: »
    No you can use them in drops, kinda upset that the preset ones dont work though.

That’s kinda cool though. Each individual user in a drop has their own goal horn. Wonder why you can’t use the preset ones.
  • monz wrote: »
    No you can use them in drops, kinda upset that the preset ones dont work though.

That’s kinda cool though. Each individual user in a drop has their own goal horn. Wonder why you can’t use the preset ones.

Yeah its a really nice touch, im assuming were supposed to be able to use them and its just a bug that we cant
  • With the preset horns the flare plays during the horns. Is there no way to do that with the custom horns or can the flare only go at the end?
  • Socair
    1769 posts Game Changer
    With the preset horns the flare plays during the horns. Is there no way to do that with the custom horns or can the flare only go at the end?
    Flare can only be applied to the end of a custom horn. You can choose to only have the flare play, but that’s all.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Better yet, remove the feature all together. Put effort into making the game better, not adding pointless features.

Get rid of the goal celebrations while you're at it.
  • Better yet, remove the feature all together. Put effort into making the game better, not adding pointless features.

I do not dislike the feature and the game is better than it has been in years.

Not everyone wants exactly what you want and you will have to deal with it.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease friend! Take all the time you like customizing your goal horn. I've turned them off.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease friend! Take all the time you like customizing your goal horn. I've turned them off.

Good to hear!