EA Forums - Banner

Gameplay question

Not the biggest fan of gameplay so far but I have 2 main problems.

1. Get knocked off puck so easy without any challenge is no pokecheck or hit. Very frustrating when getting ahead of oponents d. It's like the pokecheck spam without the pokecheck.

2. Getting shots off. Again it's a challenge that doesn't happen.

Am I seeing this right?

Replies

• cowen604
    98 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    yeah, i've noticed as well. very tough to get shots off/to the net - it seems like the computer crowds the front of the net.
    The only way I have been able to get decent goals is by rushing in on 2 on 1's, or quickly going one way parallel to the net then shooting the opposite corner... kinda chinsy, but cross crease one times are hard to come by, unless the other teams D is garbage. I refuse to do the cross ice shots from the point... gets annoying as hell playing people who do this throughout the game, without have a single shot from anywhere other than the Blue Line.

They have obviously made changes to the poke checking, but i don't know how many times i've had kuznetsov or marner (91 & 90 Speed) get knocked off the puck on a break away by Joe-Silver-AHL-Player.

Seems like they essentially got rid of poke checking with being bumped off the puck. a little frustrating, just need to adjust to it.
  • cowen604 wrote: »
    yeah, i've noticed as well. very tough to get shots off/to the net - it seems like the computer crowds the front of the net.
    The only way I have been able to get decent goals is by rushing in on 2 on 1's, or quickly going one way parallel to the net then shooting the opposite corner... kinda chinsy, but cross crease one times are hard to come by, unless the other teams D is garbage. I refuse to do the cross ice shots from the point... gets annoying as hell playing people who do this throughout the game, without have a single shot from anywhere other than the Blue Line.

They have obviously made changes to the poke checking, but i don't know how many times i've had kuznetsov or marner (91 & 90 Speed) get knocked off the puck on a break away by Joe-Silver-AHL-Player.

Seems like they essentially got rid of poke checking with being bumped off the puck. a little frustrating, just need to adjust to it.

Yep.

Think I am gonna resell the game before it drops in price.

It's just not fun anymore compared to say pre 14 on 360. Not even a week in and every side I come up against is stacked and I just don't have the time and motivation to trade and grind challenges.

Kinda wish the playfield wasn't so uneven.

Shame really haven't enjoyed nhl for a long time and i think the lack of comments on here show how much the player base has dropped off.

• yeah, my buddy and I always reminisce about the good ol days playing NHL 13 & 14. We never played HUT, but the gameplay, servers, match making and sooo many other small things that made the game what it was.
    Hut is fun, but i've always been the type of person the loves the managing aspect of the game... love playing franchise mode as well.

I hear ya though
  • cowen604 wrote: »
    yeah, my buddy and I always reminisce about the good ol days playing NHL 13 & 14. We never played HUT, but the gameplay, servers, match making and sooo many other small things that made the game what it was.
    Hut is fun, but i've always been the type of person the loves the managing aspect of the game... love playing franchise mode as well.

I hear ya though

Matchmaking was so much more even.

So many blow outs now. Both ways.
  • You guys are all right.
  • Yep, which is why I have put the game up on ebay, just can't be bothered this year.

The lack of community here tells a story, game is dead, ea killed it.
  • Lots of this is true for sure. They are catering to these Youtube streamer "Gamechangers" who need exploits to score.
  • Lots of this is true for sure. They are catering to these Youtube streamer "Gamechangers" who need exploits to score.

As someone who grew up an only child I tended to always lay solo.

Different between myself and others was that others would get satisfaction smashing the computer 10-0

Me I wanted a challenge a close game a hard fought 2-1 I find more satisfying.

I guess I am odd