EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 WOC Progression Changes

We made some changes on WoC progression based on your feedback, check it out & discuss it here.

Drop In Room Question

Why did they remove the feature where you drop into a room and players fill in? Seems like a really unnecessary removal. Playing teams in drop-ins with 2/3 skaters and a G is trash. Plus, this feature takes away from meeting more players in games, and forming a club.

I just don't understand this company and the removal of things that work and/or just make sense.

Replies

• Socair
    1606 posts Game Changer
    They changed it to help with the problem of rooms not filling or people sitting in the middle not choosing a position. That’s also why it searches for a longer time.

But it’s clearly isn’t working well, something needs to be altered or go back to how it was, like you’ve said.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »
    They changed it to help with the problem of rooms not filling or people sitting in the middle not choosing a position. That’s also why it searches for a longer time.

But it’s clearly isn’t working well, something needs to be altered or go back to how it was, like you’ve said.

It's just frustrating because right now I'm actually finding games relatively quickly, but I want to play 6's in drop in. Not 2's 3's with a G. AI ruin this game as it is.
  • It's just frustrating because right now I'm actually finding games relatively quickly, but I want to play 6's in drop in. Not 2's 3's with a G. AI ruin this game as it is.

Its inexcusable but at this point I will take getting into any lobby whether it is full or not instead of 5mins and timing out ... however I refuse to play 6s games unless its 4v4.

• GxSwizz
    64 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    How about give us a report function for players causing the disturbance that interrupts and griefs other players? With enough reports submitted it can become a case for investigation. Giving a moderator reason to look into the offending player's activity. I know of one annoying player from PS4 that never once started a game and would constantly deplete the dropin population because they would just sit there and everyone matched them. Most players in NHL games are mature and I have no reason to think this feature would become abused. Heck if there were false reports being submitted by players you could then punish them too. It's time you let us -The Player- do something instead of changing the UI entirely.

I know even more players who deserve some kind of reprimand for their troll behaviours. Populations dropped because of players who would work against you in a game until you quit. Players who wanted to play just gave up because they had a bad taste in their mouth. Just introduce a reporting system.

Let's not name/shame, even if we censor part of the player's name. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • The problem I see with the reporting system is the consequence.

People purchase the game and it they're blocked from using the product they purchase, some may see that a reason for a law suit. I don't think EA wants to get involved in policing the people on their servers. I wish they would but we all know that isn't going to happen, neither is locking people out of a game they just bought.

I know that new system is broken and needs fixing. We should be happy that EA has heard our complaints about match making and trying to fix the issues. A lot of the changed to this years game is a direct response from listening to feedback from us and trying to come up with a way to address these sort of things.
  • A lawsuit for what. Just disclose that you have a ban system in place. Then you can be like "uhh no, we told you this could happen if you griefed other players." I'm not saying go straight to banning, there has to be tiers to punishment. A three strike system or something.
  • A lawsuit? Come on, that would be the lamest reason for not having a reporting system. A few games do it and some have even banned playstations and IP addresses from using their product so I cant believe that a giant company like ea would be too worried about a lawsuit from a player who gets reported a lot.

That's exactly what they should do is have a reporting system in place so that these morons would be disciplined for the children that they are and if it came to banning the people, then adios. Better for everyone.
  • We can't even say Caleb's proper gamertag without it being removed. Why is that? Fear. Afraid of what? Come to your own conclussion then.
  • We can't even say Caleb's proper gamertag without it being removed. Why is that? Fear. Afraid of what? Come to your own conclussion then.

Cause it violates ToS.

I did that on my own. I didn't know if it was accepted or allowed.
  • Socair
    1606 posts Game Changer
    edited September 2018
    GxSwizz wrote: »
    We can't even say Caleb's proper gamertag without it being removed. Why is that? Fear. Afraid of what? Come to your own conclussion then.

It’s not allowed. Everyone know’s that name, and he’ll likely be using a new one this year for all we know.

Regardless, it is violation to “name and shame”. This discussion of having a report system in game has come up lots....but its off topic for this thread.

Let’s get back on topic; a topic which I know has been discussed in another thread as well, but I’ll keep this open.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Lol not a whole lot of boards moderators allow people posting someone else’s gamer ID

it’s called witch hunting and it’s moderated heavily
  • Socair wrote: »

The only time on PS4 I ever had an issue with someone being a jerk and not filling a position was with a certain person who everybody here knows his screen name. I’ve messaged EA about it countless times with evidence of it and never once did any of them even acknowledge me let alone do anything about it. All they had to do was ban him from playing the game online, one single player. Sorry bud that’s what you get for buying a game to ruin everyone else’s experience. They should revert back to the NHL 18 lobbies and just actually do something about the few bad apples, especially the ONE. It was fine then. If a room was trash, I simply backed out and searched again and I never took more than 5 minutes to get in a game, now I find myself taking an hour just to get in a room let alone get in a game.
  • GxSwizz
    64 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Socair wrote: »
    GxSwizz wrote: »
    We can't even say Caleb's proper gamertag without it being removed. Why is that? Fear. Afraid of what? Come to your own conclussion then.

It’s not allowed. Everyone know’s that name, and he’ll likely be using a new one this year for all we know.

Regardless, it is violation to “name and shame”. This discussion of having a report system in game has come up lots....but its off topic for this thread.

Let’s get back on topic; a topic which I know has been discussed in another thread as well, but I’ll keep this open.

Sad, can't blame me for discussing an obvious fix. Developers should give us what we want, you moderators can probably score extra duty off of the system. If it has been brought up plenty of times, then why hasn't it been done. I'm done talking about it but the nature of how this topic is handled looks like EA and it's forums intend to ignore the requests.
  • Needs to go back to the old style ASAP.
    Bring back the arenas and team selection for 6v6 along with it!