EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

No way to play Ones with friends?

I’ve been looking around but haven’t really seen anything on this. Why is there no way to invite your friends in ones? I get that 2 friends could team up against one person, but why not add a “relaxed” or “non competitive” ones mode where you can invite friends and play on the pond?

Also, is there a way to play ones with your buddies on the same console? I had a few friends over yesterday and we could not figure out how to play pond hockey with 3 controllers. I feel like this should be a gamemode, especially because they advertised so much about the whole pond hockey thing.

If someone could let me know if I’m missing these modes, or if they don’t exist, will we see it in an update?

Replies

• Not at the moment no. My guess would be because it's like you said, too tied into competition and xp rewards. I also wouldn't mind an unranked/offline version of it as well. Would also like to be the goalie too.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2489 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    A practice ODR with friends would be amazing with a couple pucks scattered and the ability play 1v1v1.
  • Because you could 2 on 1 people for easy wins.
  • monz wrote: »
    Because you could 2 on 1 people for easy wins.

Yeah, but they could easily make an offline/unranked mode. That way the stats are meaningless and all in good fun.
  • B_Bunny
    885 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    monz wrote: »
    Because you could 2 on 1 people for easy wins.

Yeah, but they could easily make an offline/unranked mode. That way the stats are meaningless and all in good fun.

Easily? Like flip the switch off that says ranked?

If only thats how coding worked.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • > @B-Bunny said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Easily? Like flip the switch off that says ranked?
    >
    > If only thats how coding worked.

That is very much how coding works.. There's no reason this cannot be done.
  • EA_Blueberry
    2854 posts EA Community Manager
    @SJballlerton

This post is from 2018 so I'm going to close it down from further necroposting.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!