EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Should “Consistency” be the next implemented attribute?

As we look into the upcoming 2018-2019 season, we are entering the game with a lot of promises. But in a 82-game season, consistency is very important.

You might have Carey Price clutching in the final minutes of a game.
You might have a player on your favorite team that can score anytime except for playoffs.

You look at interviews from players talking about Sergei Federov, and how he seems to flip a switch when he plays his full potential.

So should it be a statistic in NHL 20?
Unlike the FIFA franchise, there is no active ‘form report’ but maybe ‘Consistancey’ could act just as that. It that stat could determine if the player was going to play his/her full strength and if so, maybe it also should determine at what period in the game?

If your into coaching, who knows, this could add a layer of authenticity to the game.

Thoughts?

Replies

• It’s called poise in nhl games
  • Canuck250 wrote: »
    It’s called poise in nhl games

It may be me, but I don’t see the impact of poise.

You throw a WHL rookie in a NHL team and he does decent, I just don’t see it.

If it is poise then maybe we need player traits to better a players characteristic.

Yea but it really isn't there in this game.

The other thing is, I think it was NBA Live or another game, can't remember exactly which game, but they basically had a live roster that fed off of how they people were performing in real life and it would update each day or each week, but that would be a cool feature to have, it would kinda force EA to keep up to date with the rosters instead of doing roster updates every couple of months. If a goalie (for example) is struggling in real life then their stats are effected and in this case their poise stat could get dropped a bit because of it.
  • Live rosters.
    That would be perfect.
    Your correct it is in NBA live, also in several baseball games like the Show and the FIFA series
  • HuskyAhiga wrote: »
    Canuck250 wrote: »

What? You don't like EA's placebo attributes?
    Believe me, there's not only "poise"!

• The way it gets implemented is one thing but that is what you are looking for. Poise is supposed to help down the stretch and into the playoffs but NHL games will never get the proper budget and timeframe as the nba nfl games
    The way it gets implemented is one thing but that is what you are looking for. Poise is supposed to help down the stretch and into the playoffs but NHL games will never get the proper budget and timeframe as the nba nfl games

Did NBA really get the budget tho? I know it’s a bigger fan base, but there isn’t the fan base for the live games because 2k kills them and they still got it

• titomahawk wrote: »
    HuskyAhiga wrote: »
    Canuck250 wrote: »

What? You don't like EA's placebo attributes?
    Believe me, there's not only "poise"!

I always loved them selling the +5 boost on old gen for "poise" "angles" "poke check" "goalie endurance" "goalie durability". Still can't believe they never got called out on actually scamming people by selling attribute boosts that did nothing.