EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

EA NHL on PC?

FIFA, the return of Madden, and maybe NHL?

With devices like Microsoft Surface allowing users to run desktop application, maybe we are even closure to playing EA NHL on the go.

That is if it ever returns to pc.

I use Xbox, and as I grow older, I find the ability to be able to sit in a room and play NHL going away less and less, but what if NHL were on PC?

The golden age of EA Sports may be fading away, but do you think EA NHL would do better if it released on PC?

Replies

• HuskyAhiga wrote: »

With devices like Microsoft Surface allowing users to run desktop application, maybe we are even closure to playing EA NHL on the go.

I use Xbox, and as I grow older, I find the ability to be able to sit in a room and play NHL going away less and less, but what if NHL were on PC?

The golden age of EA Sports may be fading away, but do you think EA NHL would do better if it released on PC?

Not sure what you mean here. You say with your Xbox and getting older, you see yourself less and less playing in a room, but think a PC will change that??

Not sure what you mean here. You say with your Xbox and getting older, you see yourself less and less playing in a room, but think a PC will change that??

Yeah this doesn't make sense to me as well. Being able to play on a tablet is nice and all, but how exactly are you going to be able to play it "on the go"? Are you saying that you want to get up from one room and move to another? Thats about all I can see happening...

I'm all about getting NHL on PC, but I doubt they would do it for this reason. Now if you were talking Nintendo Switch, I would 100% agree. That's the sole reason I bought one....and to play Legend of Zelda haha
  • A PC version would be great for modding, content creation and a whole host of other things... mobility is not one of them. However, that being said they should wait until they have a new engine or Frostbite to move back to PC, a simple port won't cut it for a PC community that has kept NHL 2004 alive for 15 years. They'll also need to add anti-cheat protection, and host of other things for PC. Personally, I would like to see it by NHL 22, if they're going to do it they need to do it properly.
  • Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I will champion NHL on PC for as long as it takes, mainly because players will do the things that EA is either unable to do because lack of skill, or because they ignore them and don't care.

I'm mainly thinking of simple, core navigation, button responsiveness when clicking in menus, and all of that. I just want a fast game in 2018 on a current-gen system, but EA just changes the wallpapers, adds some flair like animated underlines, and alters the fonts instead of updating the menus. It's truly pathetic for this late in the current gen game for a game to be this slow, bogged down, and laggy when I just want to quickly get from one screen to the next.

One modder would probably fix that in a week so it's as fast and responsive as, for example, a Sony Interactive MLB.

[edited for profanity short hand]
    Post edited by Socair on

Yeah this doesn't make sense to me as well. Being able to play on a tablet is nice and all, but how exactly are you going to be able to play it "on the go"? Are you saying that you want to get up from one room and move to another? Thats about all I can see happening...

I'm all about getting NHL on PC, but I doubt they would do it for this reason. Now if you were talking Nintendo Switch, I would 100% agree. That's the sole reason I bought one....and to play Legend of Zelda haha

Ever try out a Microsoft surface? I am able to play fifa on it pretty well