EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Boarding calls in EASHL 3's

Does it exist?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered.
Tastes Good With The Money https://youtube.com/watch?v=GS4dO-0YI2E

Replies

• Socair
    1751 posts Game Changer
    Nope. Not sure why they removed that. Something to do with penalty shots and how it would be too easy to draw one maybe.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Nope. When they switched from PP to penalty shots last year boarding and charging penalties were removed as well.
  • I mean, with all the outrage over the drop-in stuff (jerseys, no NHL this and that) I would think more people would find this a bit silly. It's a "league game" ... how can you not have authentic rules?
  • I mean, with all the outrage over the drop-in stuff (jerseys, no NHL this and that) I would think more people would find this a bit silly. It's a "league game" ... how can you not have authentic rules?

I’ve been complaining about the lack of calls a lot and agree it’s silly
  • It does seem odd. The only thing I can think of is that there was some issue with penalties that could potentially be a major.
  • It does seem odd. The only thing I can think of is that there was some issue with penalties that could potentially be a major.

Hmmm. Right, but you can still injure someone on an interference penalty and it still results in a penalty shot, no? I dunno, maybe you are right.
  • Socair
    1751 posts Game Changer
    It does seem odd. The only thing I can think of is that there was some issue with penalties that could potentially be a major.
    Yeah that’s probably it...they likely removed any penalty that would be called a major in 3’s.
  • You know what would be better for EASHL 3s? Removing penalty shots. Nothing gets me more angry losing to a team scoring most if not all of their goals by hitting the same cheese goals over and over again.
  • Gannmick wrote: »

I lol'd pretty good.

I wonder if it's because your guy was in the process of getting up from the initial contact so it didnt register as a hit?
  • Nope. When they switched from PP to penalty shots last year boarding and charging penalties were removed as well.

They definitely existed in 18.
  • Socair
    1751 posts Game Changer
    Nope. When they switched from PP to penalty shots last year boarding and charging penalties were removed as well.

I never saw a boarding call for a penalty shot. And I got face planted into the glass a tonne lol. Played almost nothing but 3’s club in 18 for EASHL.
  • Ganmick
    113 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Gannmick wrote: »

I lol'd pretty good.

I wonder if it's because your guy was in the process of getting up from the initial contact so it didnt register as a hit?

The thing is the guy was charging for the first hit which imo he missed lol he flew right by me and the sheer force of the wind knocked me down. Then he had the nerve to come and finish me off hahaha they were down 6-0 so I’m sure he didn’t care at that point but it’s crap like that I think EA needs to fix

• Socair wrote: »
    Nope. When they switched from PP to penalty shots last year boarding and charging penalties were removed as well.

I never saw a boarding call for a penalty shot. And I got face planted into the glass a tonne lol. Played almost nothing but 3’s club in 18 for EASHL.

I wonder if they changed it mid-season.
  • Boarding should be back in 3s because if I’m out there breaking ankles and some guy makes a massive goon, he shouldn’t be rewarded for laying me out on the numbers 10 times a game and injuring/slowing my player down.
  • 17Woodsy wrote: »
    Boarding should be back in 3s because if I’m out there breaking ankles and some guy makes a massive goon, he shouldn’t be rewarded for laying me out on the numbers 10 times a game and injuring/slowing my player down.

Yeah. I think goon teams and goons are rewarded quite a bit this year (Especially in Ones in my opinion). It's unfortunate when there are hits that are unavoidable as well that injure you. I sort of like 18 hitting better. Felt more manual. I really had to line up well for a big hit. This year, it just seems automatic. One big hit in the middle of the ice in 6s turns into about 2 or 3 more trainwreck hits right after.
  • Ganmick
    113 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    majjama_26 wrote: »
    17Woodsy wrote: »
    Boarding should be back in 3s because if I’m out there breaking ankles and some guy makes a massive goon, he shouldn’t be rewarded for laying me out on the numbers 10 times a game and injuring/slowing my player down.

Yeah. I think goon teams and goons are rewarded quite a bit this year (Especially in Ones in my opinion). It's unfortunate when there are hits that are unavoidable as well that injure you. I sort of like 18 hitting better. Felt more manual. I really had to line up well for a big hit. This year, it just seems automatic. One big hit in the middle of the ice in 6s turns into about 2 or 3 more trainwreck hits right after.

Yeah the hit assist is cranked way up this year for 3s and 6s. Even when you dodge a guy he will still fly at you and since incidental contact is a thing, giants with huge sticks will knock the puck loose since they pretty much get glued to you causing turnovers when they’re behind you stuck to your butt from the hit assist-lock on animation.
    Post edited by Ganmick on