EA Forums - Banner

A quick thank you.

2Next

Replies

• This years game is really REALY great.
    Yup...the drop in solo bug is a stinker...but besides that ...excellent work!!
    I understand the frustration due to that...but let’s be honest
    99.5 percent of us have no clue how hard it is to program and make a flawless game.
    Most fun I’ve had since the introduction of EASHL.
    Good work fellas!

So... because it's hard... sounds like millenials are taking over

I'm sure building a car from scratch is hard but if my car is broken I take it back or at least get it fixed. I don't wait a month later and say " well, mechanics is hard..."

Why does everyone go straight to the broken car analogies? The game isn't broken just because it doesn't meet your standards. Matchmaking is currently flawed for EASHL, but there are people who are still getting into full games without issues. I stated before that AI have some issues as well, but it doesn't make the game unplayable, just frustrating.

I've been a fan of this series for a long time, just like many of you. With what we have endured the last 5 years, to say that this is worse than 17 or 18 is just crazy to me.

Crazy? What's crazy is I can play eashl in 18. I cannot in my brand new version of the game. To think this game isn't broken is insanity. I hear the Browns are looking for cheerleaders.
    Yes...Solo drop ins are not working properly at the moment....but to say “the game” is broken... is just silly.
  • Yes thank you ear for not removing any of the exploit goals that have plagued the game for years.

Bacon Slapshot- Fixed.
    Short side wrister- Fixed.
    Backhand forehand- Much harder.

I'm just gonna assume every goal on you is a glitch in your mind.

I agree they did make the last one harder. The one timer needs a nerf... I play D I can stop them but my team score it every single time.

There is a few little things that need fixing.
  • I totally agree, I’m having a blast playing. But I haven’t played a nhl game in over ten years, so it could be that is feels new to me. 🤷🏾‍♂️
  • Moxrox84
    319 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This years game is really REALY great.
    99.5 percent of us have no clue how hard it is to program and make a flawless game.
    Good work fellas!

I'm sure building a car from scratch is hard but if my car is broken I take it back or at least get it fixed. I don't wait a month later and say " well, mechanics is hard..."

Why does everyone go straight to the broken car analogies? The game isn't broken just because it doesn't meet your standards. Matchmaking is currently flawed for EASHL, but there are people who are still getting into full games without issues. I stated before that AI have some issues as well, but it doesn't make the game unplayable, just frustrating.

I've been a fan of this series for a long time, just like many of you. With what we have endured the last 5 years, to say that this is worse than 17 or 18 is just crazy to me.

At what point in time did we accept that paying full price for a game (we're up to $70 for the base version) no longer meant we should expect a finished product?

EDIT: Have you noticed in EASHL that the focused player replay always says it's the "Center", even if it's the defense, or wingers? If that was the only issue, we'd probably laugh about it, but I think that is a clear indication that they absolutely did not QA this game. I remember that from the beta.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    This years game is really REALY great.
    Good work fellas!

At what point in time did we accept that paying full price for a game (we're up to $70 for the base version) no longer meant we should expect a finished product?

It's been the same price, $59.99 American, since the PS3/Xbox 360 days. And there's been many people coming onto the forums making the same exact statement, yet people still buy it and then come on here with their frustrations. Some stores will allow for a return after 15 days even if it's opened or you can just wait it out for whenever EA gets around to patching it. So unless you bought digital, that is an option. By the way, I really am trying to be sincere here, so I apologize if this reads the wrong way...

Now I'm not disagreeing with you, as I said many times before, the game has many flaws, but other than the whole matchmaking debacle in EASHL, it's all opinion based on whether you like the game or not.

I have had minimal issues. I play a lot of VS and more recently 3's with my club in which we have had no issues connecting. The gameplay is smooth and a huge upgrade from 15-18.

So for me, it actually is a finished product in a way. Yeah I wish the AI wouldn't do the same stupid animations that we've been seeing since 2010 (Defender skating into the back of your own goalie), but that's why we began playing 3's so we wouldn't have to worry about it.

I apologize that this game has not met your standards, but for a lot of us it has and we're having a great time.

• I apologize that this game has not met your standards, but for a lot of us it has and we're having a great time.

You're essentially telling other players, "well, most of the game works, sorry the part you like doesn't, but we're fine, so oh well."

The matchmaking system is clearly and obviously severely flawed. EASHL drop in is broken. That's a simple statement of fact. There are many players, whom are voicing their opinions on here, who loved the drop in game. That's a large part of why we bought it. To tell us, "who cares, the rest of the game works", is a sad tell of the state of gamers today, who seem to be willing to accept incomplete and broken games despite paying for what should be finished products.

I apologize that this game has not met your standards, but for a lot of us it has and we're having a great time.

You're essentially telling other players, "well, most of the game works, sorry the part you like doesn't, but we're fine, so oh well."

The matchmaking system is clearly and obviously severely flawed. EASHL drop in is broken. That's a simple statement of fact. There are many players, whom are voicing their opinions on here, who loved the drop in game. That's a large part of why we bought it. To tell us, "who cares, the rest of the game works", is a sad tell of the state of gamers today, who seem to be willing to accept incomplete and broken games despite paying for what should be finished products.

You're taking what I said out of context. I'm agreeing with you, EASHL matchmaking is flawed and it's a shame that it's not working properly. I thought I clearly stated that in my second paragraph, but maybe not.

Luckily for me, it hasn't been a problem as I've been able to play my games without these connection issues. So because it may be "broken" for you and some other people voicing their opinions, I will not say the same and I do believe the game is just fine.

So I apologize again if my post sounded inconsiderate, but that was not the intent. I understand where your coming from, I just haven't had to deal with the same issues.

Hopefully we see a patch soon enough that will fix the matchmaking issues that many of you are encountering.

I can understand this perspective if this was some indie company throwing out their first attempt. But this is EA, and this the what, 27th iteration of the game?

I don't accept the difficulty of releasing a AAA game if you're going to deliver an AA game but charge AAA price. Furthermore, why has EA remained near silent about the issues we've brought to them about the problems of the game?

EA needs to be held accountable for the crap job they have done with this game this year. Sorry, but the fantastic gameplay they introduced does not make up for the crap job they did the matchmaking system and CHEL in general.
    I have been a bit of an EA supporter here but even I cannot disagree with this. Esp the last paragraph. Much as it pains me.

Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes...Solo drop ins are not working properly at the moment....but to say “the game” is broken... is just silly.

No, no it isnt. Except for some couch vs with my son, I play EASHL dropins exclusively. In its current state I can barely even get into one or two games a night usually. So I would qualify that as pretty broken, for me.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Game is awsome Ive played 88 games already.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1539 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Also as far as “no one has any idea how hard it is to program and make a flawless game”

They’ve been at this same franchise for over 20 years, they've had 5 years on the current gen to get it right and then never even attempt to fix the broken parts of the game, they just add new recycled features and modes to distract you from the fact that they are incompetent

You can't really say they've been at this franchise for 20 years, therefore they should be able fix all prior issues in future and current releases.

Every new generation of console is a new learning curve, as is any new engine upgrade.
    If the console and dev team, and game engine remained static for 20 years, sure, you'd have a point.

That said, yes, some recurring issues unrelated to the above should be fixed.