EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

When will the game be fixed?

Prev1
EASHL Drop-on. Still impossible to match match and play with more then 2 people per side.

Has EA released any official comment on when they resolve the problems?

Replies

• I cannot play a club game with a full roster in 3v3. At least one player gets dressing room error, Every. Single. Time.

Utterly insane. Nearly two full weeks of this. Next to zero support in the matter.
  • The Devs are aware of the issue...they said it’s the number one priority to get it fixed. Evidently they have not figured it out yet...and it stinks to have to deal with it...but atleast we know they are aware and workin on getting it to work properly.
    For now I would suggest joining a NHL 19 “club” on your console...not an actual club like club mode in the game...but a community club where you can find players looking to play ....and group up and play drop ins.
    You’ll find full games if you get 4-6 players.
  • The Devs are aware of the issue...they said it’s the number one priority to get it fixed. Evidently they have not figured it out yet...and it stinks to have to deal with it...but atleast we know they are aware and workin on getting it to work properly.
    For now I would suggest joining a NHL 19 “club” on your console...not an actual club like club mode in the game...but a community club where you can find players looking to play ....and group up and play drop ins.

I play on a club. Two actually. I still find time to play drop-in though.

I believe EA is aware of the problems and working on them BUT have they released any official comment about releasing a broken game? I haven't seen anything on this forum...considering it's EA's NHL forum you'd think the would address their customers and ensure them and give a timeline.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1675 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The Devs are aware of the issue...they said it’s the number one priority to get it fixed. Evidently they have not figured it out yet...and it stinks to have to deal with it...but atleast we know they are aware and workin on getting it to work properly.

I believe EA is aware of the problems and working on them BUT have they released any official comment about releasing a broken game? I haven't seen anything on this forum...considering it's EA's NHL forum you'd think the would address their customers and ensure them and give a timeline.
    The lead producer of the game said ...that.THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM....the online part of the team is looking into the issue to get it fixed ...and it’s their number one priority...what else do you need to know?

The lead producer of the game said ...that.THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM....the online part of the team is looking into the issue to get it fixed ...and it’s their number one priority...what else do you need to know?

An in-depth detailed PowerPoint on what they are working on
  • xxH3llsp4wNxx
    253 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The Devs are aware of the issue...they said it’s the number one priority to get it fixed. Evidently they have not figured it out yet...and it stinks to have to deal with it...but atleast we know they are aware and workin on getting it to work properly.

I would like to know if they are going to fix the issue of eashl teams playing on the wrong servers. Choosing “best location” does nothing if you’re the away team. This is a huge issue that has been plaguing eashl for years
  • Gannmick wrote: »

Lolz :)
  • With something as important as MM, how is it still messed up 10 days in? It Just makes no sense

How about if they broadcasted their meetings over the web? Would that be suitable for you?

How about if they broadcasted their meetings over the web? Would that be suitable for you?

No I would like to be present during all their meetings and my signature is required before they can start working
    🤝
  • I'm not a coding expert but are you telling me they released this and had no idea major things like DROP IN inside this game were broken? There's zero way to test it? I find that hard to believe.

I'm curious where they said it's their "number one priority"?
  • Prior to this weekend, I had only been able to play one single drop in game.
    But since Friday, I'm finding game regularly without much waits.
    I figured they did something...
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »

It was in one of the many threads made about this subject...I’m not digging through them all to find it...but it was said by the producer.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    but it was said by the producer.
    I believe it was @NHL_ONL_Producer who said it.
    We are aware of the drop-in matchmaking issues with users not getting into game and long wait times. We are looking into this issue as our top priority item
  • EA_Roger
    1405 posts Community Manager
    edited September 2018
    Moxrox84 wrote: »

NHL_ONL_Producer

I've replied to a few of the other drop-in matchmaking threads, apologies i haven't gotten to this one until now. Our team is investigating the matchmaking issues in Drop-in and this is currently our highest priority item that we are investigating. The search timers were actually increased last week but that didn't lead to more successful matches so we are investigating as to why.

Source: https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/comment/1993256#Comment_1993256
  • titomahawk wrote: »
    Prior to this weekend, I had only been able to play one single drop in game.

3s or 6s? I don't have problems with finding a game as solo, but the games are rarely full and since people can't join in a lobby that's already created, people usually back out of lobbies with a low player count. Multiplay doing this repeatedly and it can be a very long way to find a lobby people don't back out in.
  • majjama_26 wrote: »
    titomahawk wrote: »

3s or 6s? I don't have problems with finding a game as solo, but the games are rarely full and since people can't join in a lobby that's already created, people usually back out of lobbies with a low player count. Multiplay doing this repeatedly and it can be a very long way to find a lobby people don't back out in.
    Yes...this is the main issue. Almost 100% of the time when solo searching for a 6s game the lobby ends up being 3v3

Yes...this is the main issue. Almost 100% of the time when solo searching for a 6s game the lobby ends up being 3v3

I honestly don't mind playing a minimum of 4v4, but now that the P1 and P2 people are showing (I'm a P1-30), people will back out. Now and again I found a full 6v6 and people were backing out unfortunately.
    majjama_26 wrote: »

I honestly don't mind playing a minimum of 4v4, but now that the P1 and P2 people are showing (I'm a P1-30), people will back out. Now and again I found a full 6v6 and people were backing out unfortunately.

I'm usually the first to ready up at 4v4, but usually everyone backs out. And yeah, even at 6v6, for some reason, people still bail. That's not on EA though, but the lobby system that doesn't allow new players to join is clearly broken.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!