EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

EA NHL 19 is garbage.

Replies

  • On5laught wrote: »
    Again right now playing and this guy and i have been 3 on 3 3 times because of how many penalties are called, 2 were fair, poke checks form behind causing a trip, everything else was a totally fine play that it just decided was a penlty.

    Sounds like you're just using poke check like before where you could basically spam rb. You gotta aim your pokes with the rs with the new defensive skill stick mechanic. There's a learning curve, but you're definitely not using it at the right place or correctly if you're getting that many penalties.

    Can we stop with this falsehood? The poke check in this game is broken and there's no two ways about it. In this game, the proportion of tripping penalties to other penalties is not aligned with reality at all. The amount of times a stick touches a players leg in a game of nhl 19 is far less than it is in a real hockey game yet, there are far more tripping penalties on average in a game of nhl 19 than there are in a 60 minute nhl game. I've listened to NHL Dev explain his logic behind tripping and while it sounds reasonable in theory, the execution is embarrassingly poor. I got rid of NHL 19 solely because of the tripping penalties. The game has other issues large issues but, I was willing to overlook those issues. Unfortunately, I cannot tolerate such what I consider to be a poor implementation of penalties in general.

    I don't think we can claim falsehood when the discussion refers to someone who has only played the game a handful of games. And that is no attack at you @On5laught. I averaged 5-6 penalties per game when I first began.

    I take pride in how well I have played defensively and I have had a lot of success with the poke check in this game once I adjusted my game. Good positioning doesn't mean you have to attack the puck carrier. Simply skating along with them taking away shooting and/or passing lanes can result in good defense.

    Does that mean I have perfect defense? Of course not. There's no such thing. All I'm saying is I have played with many people in competitive play in which neither team produced a tripping call on multiple occasions.

    The mechanics are not perfect, but people seem to think that every poke check they make is "perfect". That's why I ask for replays, because I would believe there is an explanation for all of the penalties. Don't get me wrong, I have had some awful calls, but I don't see them occur as much as everyone says.

    On this topic, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. I have a fundamental problem with the proportion of poke check penalties to other penalties and I don't even want to start with penalties that aren't in the game(ex: too many men). What I will say is this, the solution chosen by the devs is inconsistent with the gameplay and gameplay focus. It is possible to punish users for spamming pokechek without significantly increasing the penalties. As example of this would be successive attempts leading to a temporary loss in player speed and an increase in "shift fatigue". Their approach to solving this problem is far too linear and it's disappointing because I expect more. It's also just bad game design.

    I'm fine talking proportions from this game to real NHL, but how many poke checks actually occur in a real NHL game? My theory is that many players are attempting more poke checks in this game than a team would attempt in a real 60 min game. And I am not including spammers in that theory as many players have evolved from that. The issue is, many players still have a mindset that poke checks are the only line of defense. So the question is, if someone gets say 5 penalties, how many poke checks were really attempted in the game?

    As far as non penalties go, the example of "Too many men" not being included makes sense to me. Just imagine how inconsistent and random that call would be. If I am making a line change (which by the way happens at random because of auto changes), and my player jumping over the boards touches the puck prior to my players making it to the bench, I would be furious. There is no control over that. At least with poke check, stick lift, or even a body check, you have the ability to not even attempt them. The last thing I would want in this game is more randomness. I want more control over my players on the ice.

    If you believe that users are attempting to pokecheck more in NHL 19 than the real NHL, the question you should ask yourself is why are users spamming pokechecks so much? The solution to this problem is not to immediately design a new pokechecking mechanic, it's to first understand the problem and unfortunately, the devs have simply failed step 1. The problem is not that users are spamming the pokecheck, that my friend is just a symptom of the problem. The real problem in my opinion is that users feel that:
    a) They do not have enough tools to properly play defense or more likely
    b) They feel that only 1 tool in their defensive toolbox works.

    Let's take a look at the past shall we?
    This is what a stick lift looked like in NHL 09:

    Notice how long it takes for the forwards stick to come back down after the stick lift. Is it realistic? No but it's done for the sake of gameplay balance.

    NHL 2k10 looked at EA's idea and improved on it by implementing different type of stick lifts. This is just one of the many types in NHL 2k10:

    9 years later, the development team hasn't seen the need to at least match the feature set from their almost decade old competitor. In fact, I'd argue that this team is still living off the foundations introduced by Littman and Crew in NHL 09. They've failed to introduce new functionality that significantly innovates on this and before you mention skating backwards while sweeping your stick, NHL 2k10 did that 9 years ago.


    In the new games, you perform a successful stick lift and yet the puck goes back to the opposing player. Users have complained about being able to separate players from the puck via body-checks due to "invisible bubbles". That's 2 out of the available defensive tools that are rendered "useless". Stick sweeping is deemed to be ineffective and often leads to penalties so that's now 3 out of the available tools rendered useless. I hope you can see where I'm going with this.........

    The solution to the pokechecking issue is not just to ramp up penalties. That is a very a+b=c solution to the problem and as a developer, I expect my peers to have left that level of analysis back in first year university. The solution is to balance the tools so that a user feels that:
    a) There is a right situation to use each tool or
    b) Each defensive tool has the potential to be just as effective when used properly.

    As of right now, the users don't feel that way and that's why they "spam" the pokecheck.

    With regards to your claim that not including too many men "makes sense", it only makes sense if you assume that it's impossible to design gameplay scenarios that would be entirely user controlled. That assumption is false as older nhl games from 2k I believe had this and many other penalties that are currently absent from EA NHL.
  • I've never felt more ripped off.
  • HockeyCityUSA
    500 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    On5laught wrote: »
    Again right now playing and this guy and i have been 3 on 3 3 times because of how many penalties are called, 2 were fair, poke checks form behind causing a trip, everything else was a totally fine play that it just decided was a penlty.

    Sounds like you're just using poke check like before where you could basically spam rb. You gotta aim your pokes with the rs with the new defensive skill stick mechanic. There's a learning curve, but you're definitely not using it at the right place or correctly if you're getting that many penalties.

    Can we stop with this falsehood? The poke check in this game is broken and there's no two ways about it. In this game, the proportion of tripping penalties to other penalties is not aligned with reality at all. The amount of times a stick touches a players leg in a game of nhl 19 is far less than it is in a real hockey game yet, there are far more tripping penalties on average in a game of nhl 19 than there are in a 60 minute nhl game. I've listened to NHL Dev explain his logic behind tripping and while it sounds reasonable in theory, the execution is embarrassingly poor. I got rid of NHL 19 solely because of the tripping penalties. The game has other issues large issues but, I was willing to overlook those issues. Unfortunately, I cannot tolerate such what I consider to be a poor implementation of penalties in general.

    I don't think we can claim falsehood when the discussion refers to someone who has only played the game a handful of games. And that is no attack at you @On5laught. I averaged 5-6 penalties per game when I first began.

    I take pride in how well I have played defensively and I have had a lot of success with the poke check in this game once I adjusted my game. Good positioning doesn't mean you have to attack the puck carrier. Simply skating along with them taking away shooting and/or passing lanes can result in good defense.

    Does that mean I have perfect defense? Of course not. There's no such thing. All I'm saying is I have played with many people in competitive play in which neither team produced a tripping call on multiple occasions.

    The mechanics are not perfect, but people seem to think that every poke check they make is "perfect". That's why I ask for replays, because I would believe there is an explanation for all of the penalties. Don't get me wrong, I have had some awful calls, but I don't see them occur as much as everyone says.

    On this topic, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. I have a fundamental problem with the proportion of poke check penalties to other penalties and I don't even want to start with penalties that aren't in the game(ex: too many men). What I will say is this, the solution chosen by the devs is inconsistent with the gameplay and gameplay focus. It is possible to punish users for spamming pokechek without significantly increasing the penalties. As example of this would be successive attempts leading to a temporary loss in player speed and an increase in "shift fatigue". Their approach to solving this problem is far too linear and it's disappointing because I expect more. It's also just bad game design.

    I'm fine talking proportions from this game to real NHL, but how many poke checks actually occur in a real NHL game? My theory is that many players are attempting more poke checks in this game than a team would attempt in a real 60 min game. And I am not including spammers in that theory as many players have evolved from that. The issue is, many players still have a mindset that poke checks are the only line of defense. So the question is, if someone gets say 5 penalties, how many poke checks were really attempted in the game?

    As far as non penalties go, the example of "Too many men" not being included makes sense to me. Just imagine how inconsistent and random that call would be. If I am making a line change (which by the way happens at random because of auto changes), and my player jumping over the boards touches the puck prior to my players making it to the bench, I would be furious. There is no control over that. At least with poke check, stick lift, or even a body check, you have the ability to not even attempt them. The last thing I would want in this game is more randomness. I want more control over my players on the ice.

    If you believe that users are attempting to pokecheck more in NHL 19 than the real NHL, the question you should ask yourself is why are users spamming pokechecks so much? The solution to this problem is not to immediately design a new pokechecking mechanic, it's to first understand the problem and unfortunately, the devs have simply failed step 1. The problem is not that users are spamming the pokecheck, that my friend is just a symptom of the problem. The real problem in my opinion is that users feel that:
    a) They do not have enough tools to properly play defense or more likely
    b) They feel that only 1 tool in their defensive toolbox works.

    Let's take a look at the past shall we?
    This is what a stick lift looked like in NHL 09:

    Notice how long it takes for the forwards stick to come back down after the stick lift. Is it realistic? No but it's done for the sake of gameplay balance.

    NHL 2k10 looked at EA's idea and improved on it by implementing different type of stick lifts. This is just one of the many types in NHL 2k10:

    9 years later, the development team hasn't seen the need to at least match the feature set from their almost decade old competitor. In fact, I'd argue that this team is still living off the foundations introduced by Littman and Crew in NHL 09. They've failed to introduce new functionality that significantly innovates on this and before you mention skating backwards while sweeping your stick, NHL 2k10 did that 9 years ago.


    In the new games, you perform a successful stick lift and yet the puck goes back to the opposing player. Users have complained about being able to separate players from the puck via body-checks due to "invisible bubbles". That's 2 out of the available defensive tools that are rendered "useless". Stick sweeping is deemed to be ineffective and often leads to penalties so that's now 3 out of the available tools rendered useless. I hope you can see where I'm going with this.........

    The solution to the pokechecking issue is not just to ramp up penalties. That is a very a+b=c solution to the problem and as a developer, I expect my peers to have left that level of analysis back in first year university. The solution is to balance the tools so that a user feels that:
    a) There is a right situation to use each tool or
    b) Each defensive tool has the potential to be just as effective when used properly.

    As of right now, the users don't feel that way and that's why they "spam" the pokecheck.

    With regards to your claim that not including too many men "makes sense", it only makes sense if you assume that it's impossible to design gameplay scenarios that would be entirely user controlled. That assumption is false as older nhl games from 2k I believe had this and many other penalties that are currently absent from EA NHL.

    My theory stems off the fact that users have relied too much on poke checks in the past. For example, the spamming that occurred in NHL 18 and other past titles have created that idea that this is the correct way to play defense which is simply not true. So to say players are poke checking more in NHL 19 is a false statement in my opinion. I think we are seeing the same amount of poke checks as the past, but it's just a difference in success rates. Again, I have not had issues with the new mechanic because I rely on positioning.

    Are you saying that you are always getting the bubble when trying to attempt a body check? This only occurs in certain situations for me. To say body checks are rendered useless based on users on the forums making complaints about it, is not 100% accurate. I have had a pretty high success rate with body checks and knocking players off pucks, so I disagree saying that they are useless.

    However, I do agree, stick lifts are annoying and need to be tweaked, but a lift does not mean you should automatically take the puck from the opposing player. I just watched a goal from the Penguins last night in which the players stick was lifted twice and he still overpowered the defender and scored on his shot. I think the strength attribute should be more of an indicator of how well a player can hold onto the puck in these situations.

    How can the too many men penalties be implemented in your opinion? How can this be user controlled? Obviously, this certain penalty can never be included in EASHL, but in VS and HUT, even if line changes were all manual, how will the user control each player? You would hope that your AI players would be smart enough to not touch the puck in these situations. I'm just saying if they were to, and you were penalized over not being able to control that specific player, wouldn't you be upset in competitive play?
    Post edited by HockeyCityUSA on
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Look at this

    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epicxowned/video/63978619

    They whole game they ramed us and got away with a lot of it. It’s truly pathetic how this game became and especially in threes. Seriously, all they did was charge and smash us from behind. and go on a breakaway do the cheese. Also, they’re defensemen was an enforcer who could snipe corners. It’s truly pathetic

    Nobody wants to hear this but the games are so sloppy because the skaters are too fast relative to passing ability, puck pick ups and release.
  • @OgoTheKeeper breaking it down - well said buddy
  • jn1002000
    11 posts New member
    [quote="WainGretSki;c-1996654"][quote="KeySniper091;c-1996653"]where's catfish and rainbow to tell you how great this game is and that you just suck at it? figured they would've been the first to respond[/quote]

    So, it's ok for you to think the game is trash, but it isn't ok for anyone to say the like it?[/quote]

    Nothing to do with people not having an opinion; it's admitting that EA is just about money. If it wasn't it would be a lot cheaper to buy "coins", or maybe make it a little easier for beginners to play HUT (i.e. more games in rookie and semi-pro, or matching online skill level)
  • Everything is about money. The world is a sad sad place
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1218 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    jiajji wrote: »

    Nobody wants to hear this but the games are so sloppy because the skaters are too fast relative to passing ability, puck pick ups and release.

    Yeah, you feel this especially bad when playing a d-man. Face offs - the opponent is bearing down on you before you get the possession of the puck. Or when you try to handle the puck near the blueline on power play / offence. Not only is it terrible to try to keep the puck on the right side of the line, but the opponents seem way to fast and agile in comparison to you picking up a pass then passing it onwards. I cringe when someone calls for the game to be faster... it would be even more difficult for the poor d-man.

    It's not like the game is too fast, it's just some things, like acceleration from perfect stand still, are too fast in proportion to other stuff. And I must say, handling the puck & puck pick ups are far more superior than they were in NHL18, but there's still some ways to go to get it right, at least in comparison with skating.

    I realise lag probably has something to do with this, and this is only from experience with club EASHL, so I don't know how things are in HUT etc.
  • On5laught wrote: »
    Again right now playing and this guy and i have been 3 on 3 3 times because of how many penalties are called, 2 were fair, poke checks form behind causing a trip, everything else was a totally fine play that it just decided was a penlty.

    Sounds like you're just using poke check like before where you could basically spam rb. You gotta aim your pokes with the rs with the new defensive skill stick mechanic. There's a learning curve, but you're definitely not using it at the right place or correctly if you're getting that many penalties.

    Can we stop with this falsehood? The poke check in this game is broken and there's no two ways about it. In this game, the proportion of tripping penalties to other penalties is not aligned with reality at all. The amount of times a stick touches a players leg in a game of nhl 19 is far less than it is in a real hockey game yet, there are far more tripping penalties on average in a game of nhl 19 than there are in a 60 minute nhl game. I've listened to NHL Dev explain his logic behind tripping and while it sounds reasonable in theory, the execution is embarrassingly poor. I got rid of NHL 19 solely because of the tripping penalties. The game has other issues large issues but, I was willing to overlook those issues. Unfortunately, I cannot tolerate such what I consider to be a poor implementation of penalties in general.

    I don't think we can claim falsehood when the discussion refers to someone who has only played the game a handful of games. And that is no attack at you @On5laught. I averaged 5-6 penalties per game when I first began.

    I take pride in how well I have played defensively and I have had a lot of success with the poke check in this game once I adjusted my game. Good positioning doesn't mean you have to attack the puck carrier. Simply skating along with them taking away shooting and/or passing lanes can result in good defense.

    Does that mean I have perfect defense? Of course not. There's no such thing. All I'm saying is I have played with many people in competitive play in which neither team produced a tripping call on multiple occasions.

    The mechanics are not perfect, but people seem to think that every poke check they make is "perfect". That's why I ask for replays, because I would believe there is an explanation for all of the penalties. Don't get me wrong, I have had some awful calls, but I don't see them occur as much as everyone says.

    On this topic, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. I have a fundamental problem with the proportion of poke check penalties to other penalties and I don't even want to start with penalties that aren't in the game(ex: too many men). What I will say is this, the solution chosen by the devs is inconsistent with the gameplay and gameplay focus. It is possible to punish users for spamming pokechek without significantly increasing the penalties. As example of this would be successive attempts leading to a temporary loss in player speed and an increase in "shift fatigue". Their approach to solving this problem is far too linear and it's disappointing because I expect more. It's also just bad game design.

    I'm fine talking proportions from this game to real NHL, but how many poke checks actually occur in a real NHL game? My theory is that many players are attempting more poke checks in this game than a team would attempt in a real 60 min game. And I am not including spammers in that theory as many players have evolved from that. The issue is, many players still have a mindset that poke checks are the only line of defense. So the question is, if someone gets say 5 penalties, how many poke checks were really attempted in the game?

    As far as non penalties go, the example of "Too many men" not being included makes sense to me. Just imagine how inconsistent and random that call would be. If I am making a line change (which by the way happens at random because of auto changes), and my player jumping over the boards touches the puck prior to my players making it to the bench, I would be furious. There is no control over that. At least with poke check, stick lift, or even a body check, you have the ability to not even attempt them. The last thing I would want in this game is more randomness. I want more control over my players on the ice.

    If you believe that users are attempting to pokecheck more in NHL 19 than the real NHL, the question you should ask yourself is why are users spamming pokechecks so much? The solution to this problem is not to immediately design a new pokechecking mechanic, it's to first understand the problem and unfortunately, the devs have simply failed step 1. The problem is not that users are spamming the pokecheck, that my friend is just a symptom of the problem. The real problem in my opinion is that users feel that:
    a) They do not have enough tools to properly play defense or more likely
    b) They feel that only 1 tool in their defensive toolbox works.

    Let's take a look at the past shall we?
    This is what a stick lift looked like in NHL 09:

    Notice how long it takes for the forwards stick to come back down after the stick lift. Is it realistic? No but it's done for the sake of gameplay balance.

    NHL 2k10 looked at EA's idea and improved on it by implementing different type of stick lifts. This is just one of the many types in NHL 2k10:

    9 years later, the development team hasn't seen the need to at least match the feature set from their almost decade old competitor. In fact, I'd argue that this team is still living off the foundations introduced by Littman and Crew in NHL 09. They've failed to introduce new functionality that significantly innovates on this and before you mention skating backwards while sweeping your stick, NHL 2k10 did that 9 years ago.


    In the new games, you perform a successful stick lift and yet the puck goes back to the opposing player. Users have complained about being able to separate players from the puck via body-checks due to "invisible bubbles". That's 2 out of the available defensive tools that are rendered "useless". Stick sweeping is deemed to be ineffective and often leads to penalties so that's now 3 out of the available tools rendered useless. I hope you can see where I'm going with this.........

    The solution to the pokechecking issue is not just to ramp up penalties. That is a very a+b=c solution to the problem and as a developer, I expect my peers to have left that level of analysis back in first year university. The solution is to balance the tools so that a user feels that:
    a) There is a right situation to use each tool or
    b) Each defensive tool has the potential to be just as effective when used properly.

    As of right now, the users don't feel that way and that's why they "spam" the pokecheck.

    With regards to your claim that not including too many men "makes sense", it only makes sense if you assume that it's impossible to design gameplay scenarios that would be entirely user controlled. That assumption is false as older nhl games from 2k I believe had this and many other penalties that are currently absent from EA NHL.

    There are so many ways that EA could better the game and just add tweaks to their already implemented mechanics. That little poke in 2K which actually stops the puck with correct physics made my mouth water. Not only that, but he lifts his stick OVER the other player.

    I understand EA is doing their best to keep up with patches and tuners, but it just feels like an over-priced add-on year after year.

    I won't list all the things I don't like about it again, that's been beaten to death, but to continue on the same thread you were on, introducing small little mechanics into the game to give players different tools they can use in both offense and defense, would have been amazing. Maybe people wouldn't poke if you offered them alternatives. Maybe people wouldn't stick lift if you offered alternatives. EA took the easy route, and instead of using a little elbow grease for new, tiny, features.. they just upped the penalty frequency. With the tuner and patch changes, things like hitting don't even resemble the trailer that came out eons ago.
  • Pooch389
    3 posts New member
    edited February 2019
    Just when I thought I could get into franchise and enjoy myself my first goal I realize no Chelsea Dagger.


    That and what happened to International/ OLYMPIC style tournament formats?

    Would love to play as team Canada w/ a long tourney but do not see where that is. Did you all take it out b/c of the NHL not participating in the Olympics anymore?

    There is the World Hockey Championships every year in the spring, ways to incorporate this into this game.

    ALSO staying w/ the international hockey, I thought by NHL 19 time we'd have the World Junior Hockey Championships playable by now.

    EA is slacking. I don't want pond hockey.

    [Edited for swearing]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • don't forget, if you never purchase packs and play fair and earn your guys like you should, you will ALWAYS end up playing against the guys that spend THOUSANDS to get good guys with ratings over 90+ and you cant even skate with them. I think they should keep ratings all together if my guys are mostly 81 - 85 then I play the same, if someone has 10 guys ratings 94, 92, 92, 91, 90, 90, 90 or whatever then they play yhe same to. There is enough people playing that someone with a mid 80 rating shouldn't be playing someone with two 99 and five 95 and rest 92 when most people that have those spent hundreds of money on them. Its rediculious for real. Guess div 1 always plays Div 10
  • don't forget, if you never purchase packs and play fair and earn your guys like you should, you will ALWAYS end up playing against the guys that spend THOUSANDS to get good guys with ratings over 90+ and you cant even skate with them. I think they should keep ratings all together if my guys are mostly 81 - 85 then I play the same, if someone has 10 guys ratings 94, 92, 92, 91, 90, 90, 90 or whatever then they play yhe same to. There is enough people playing that someone with a mid 80 rating shouldn't be playing someone with two 99 and five 95 and rest 92 when most people that have those spent hundreds of money on them. Its rediculious for real. Guess div 1 always plays Div 10

    Sorry but this is the sense of this mode. You spend a lot of money to become a good Team to win games or Trophies. ( Some better players maybe win also with lower rated players ). In this case it is a fair mode. EA lives from this. I gave this mode only a short try in issue 18 and it was boring for me. Maybe better to play another mode ? The main thing for me to play this game is the same as in real. To draft, develop, trade players or bring them to retirement, form a Team and try to win the Stanley Cup.

  • don't forget, if you never purchase packs and play fair and earn your guys like you should, you will ALWAYS end up playing against the guys that spend THOUSANDS to get good guys with ratings over 90+ and you cant even skate with them. I think they should keep ratings all together if my guys are mostly 81 - 85 then I play the same, if someone has 10 guys ratings 94, 92, 92, 91, 90, 90, 90 or whatever then they play yhe same to. There is enough people playing that someone with a mid 80 rating shouldn't be playing someone with two 99 and five 95 and rest 92 when most people that have those spent hundreds of money on them. Its rediculious for real. Guess div 1 always plays Div 10

    If you are playing a mode that gives an advantage to the highest budget and it bothers you, then play something else, or get a bigger budget.

    Player skill will do more for your team than your budget. Money is nothing if you are a bad player.
  • > @Froommey said:
    > NE14A692420 wrote: »
    >
    > don't forget, if you never purchase packs and play fair and earn your guys like you should, you will ALWAYS end up playing against the guys that spend THOUSANDS to get good guys with ratings over 90+ and you cant even skate with them. I think they should keep ratings all together if my guys are mostly 81 - 85 then I play the same, if someone has 10 guys ratings 94, 92, 92, 91, 90, 90, 90 or whatever then they play yhe same to. There is enough people playing that someone with a mid 80 rating shouldn't be playing someone with two 99 and five 95 and rest 92 when most people that have those spent hundreds of money on them. Its rediculious for real. Guess div 1 always plays Div 10
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sorry but this is the sense of this mode. You spend a lot of money to become a good Team to win games or Trophies. ( Some better players maybe win also with lower rated players ). In this case it is a fair mode. EA lives from this. I gave this mode only a short try in issue 18 and it was boring for me. Maybe better to play another mode ? The main thing for me to play this game is the same as in real. To draft, develop, trade players or bring them to retirement, form a Team and try to win the Stanley Cup.

    that totally makes no sense, spend money to become a good team??? That don't make you a good player and that's my point
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I agree, but we told you that it isn’t than the right mode for you to play there. Sorry with all kind of respect but we told you also that this mode is EAs business mode and it makes sense for them to do like this even it makes no sense for you and other. No one will be forced to play there.
  • > @Froommey said:
    > NE14A692420 wrote: »
    >
    > don't forget, if you never purchase packs and play fair and earn your guys like you should, you will ALWAYS end up playing against the guys that spend THOUSANDS to get good guys with ratings over 90+ and you cant even skate with them. I think they should keep ratings all together if my guys are mostly 81 - 85 then I play the same, if someone has 10 guys ratings 94, 92, 92, 91, 90, 90, 90 or whatever then they play yhe same to. There is enough people playing that someone with a mid 80 rating shouldn't be playing someone with two 99 and five 95 and rest 92 when most people that have those spent hundreds of money on them. Its rediculious for real. Guess div 1 always plays Div 10
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sorry but this is the sense of this mode. You spend a lot of money to become a good Team to win games or Trophies. ( Some better players maybe win also with lower rated players ). In this case it is a fair mode. EA lives from this. I gave this mode only a short try in issue 18 and it was boring for me. Maybe better to play another mode ? The main thing for me to play this game is the same as in real. To draft, develop, trade players or bring them to retirement, form a Team and try to win the Stanley Cup.

    that totally makes no sense, spend money to become a good team??? That don't make you a good player and that's my point

    Better cards doesn't guarantee a win. It's amusing when people think they should win just because they have a more stacked team, then proceed to claim they were ea'd when they lose, just because they took more low scoring chance shots with higher rated shooters.

    My best player is only 86ovr, and lowest is an 84. You don't need a better team to win, only better skill.
  • "A Master wielding only a Stone can defeat a Novice wielding a Sword".
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    > @Froommey said:
    > NE14A692420 wrote: »
    >
    > don't forget, if you never purchase packs and play fair and earn your guys like you should, you will ALWAYS end up playing against the guys that spend THOUSANDS to get good guys with ratings over 90+ and you cant even skate with them. I think they should keep ratings all together if my guys are mostly 81 - 85 then I play the same, if someone has 10 guys ratings 94, 92, 92, 91, 90, 90, 90 or whatever then they play yhe same to. There is enough people playing that someone with a mid 80 rating shouldn't be playing someone with two 99 and five 95 and rest 92 when most people that have those spent hundreds of money on them. Its rediculious for real. Guess div 1 always plays Div 10
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sorry but this is the sense of this mode. You spend a lot of money to become a good Team to win games or Trophies. ( Some better players maybe win also with lower rated players ). In this case it is a fair mode. EA lives from this. I gave this mode only a short try in issue 18 and it was boring for me. Maybe better to play another mode ? The main thing for me to play this game is the same as in real. To draft, develop, trade players or bring them to retirement, form a Team and try to win the Stanley Cup.

    that totally makes no sense, spend money to become a good team??? That don't make you a good player and that's my point

    Better cards doesn't guarantee a win. It's amusing when people think they should win just because they have a more stacked team, then proceed to claim they were ea'd when they lose, just because they took more low scoring chance shots with higher rated shooters.

    My best player is only 86ovr, and lowest is an 84. You don't need a better team to win, only better skill.

    Who says like this ? I don’t. If you play vs yourself or a player with the same level, the higher rated cards makes the diffrence. A better player can win easily vs a player with higher rated cards. For me personal a card collectors mode with fixed ratings without NHL format is not what I want to play.

  • Froommey wrote: »
    > @Froommey said:
    > NE14A692420 wrote: »
    >
    > don't forget, if you never purchase packs and play fair and earn your guys like you should, you will ALWAYS end up playing against the guys that spend THOUSANDS to get good guys with ratings over 90+ and you cant even skate with them. I think they should keep ratings all together if my guys are mostly 81 - 85 then I play the same, if someone has 10 guys ratings 94, 92, 92, 91, 90, 90, 90 or whatever then they play yhe same to. There is enough people playing that someone with a mid 80 rating shouldn't be playing someone with two 99 and five 95 and rest 92 when most people that have those spent hundreds of money on them. Its rediculious for real. Guess div 1 always plays Div 10
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sorry but this is the sense of this mode. You spend a lot of money to become a good Team to win games or Trophies. ( Some better players maybe win also with lower rated players ). In this case it is a fair mode. EA lives from this. I gave this mode only a short try in issue 18 and it was boring for me. Maybe better to play another mode ? The main thing for me to play this game is the same as in real. To draft, develop, trade players or bring them to retirement, form a Team and try to win the Stanley Cup.

    that totally makes no sense, spend money to become a good team??? That don't make you a good player and that's my point

    Better cards doesn't guarantee a win. It's amusing when people think they should win just because they have a more stacked team, then proceed to claim they were ea'd when they lose, just because they took more low scoring chance shots with higher rated shooters.

    My best player is only 86ovr, and lowest is an 84. You don't need a better team to win, only better skill.

    Who says like this ? I don’t. If you play vs yourself or a player with the same level, the higher rated cards makes the diffrence. A better player can win easily vs a player with higher rated cards. For me personal a card collectors mode with fixed ratings without NHL format is not what I want to play.

    Of course, in a perfect world, both sides equal, better cards will tilt the match. But on what planet do you live on, where players of identical skill match up?

    As for who says that? Had someone say that to me just a few days ago lol. And not to mention posts on the forum about how better cards don't mean anything, or that they can't compete against stacked teams etc.

    Besides, aren't you a self proclaimed offline only player? Why are you even talking about an online mode?
  • Froommey wrote: »
    > @Froommey said:
    > NE14A692420 wrote: »
    >
    > don't forget, if you never purchase packs and play fair and earn your guys like you should, you will ALWAYS end up playing against the guys that spend THOUSANDS to get good guys with ratings over 90+ and you cant even skate with them. I think they should keep ratings all together if my guys are mostly 81 - 85 then I play the same, if someone has 10 guys ratings 94, 92, 92, 91, 90, 90, 90 or whatever then they play yhe same to. There is enough people playing that someone with a mid 80 rating shouldn't be playing someone with two 99 and five 95 and rest 92 when most people that have those spent hundreds of money on them. Its rediculious for real. Guess div 1 always plays Div 10
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sorry but this is the sense of this mode. You spend a lot of money to become a good Team to win games or Trophies. ( Some better players maybe win also with lower rated players ). In this case it is a fair mode. EA lives from this. I gave this mode only a short try in issue 18 and it was boring for me. Maybe better to play another mode ? The main thing for me to play this game is the same as in real. To draft, develop, trade players or bring them to retirement, form a Team and try to win the Stanley Cup.

    that totally makes no sense, spend money to become a good team??? That don't make you a good player and that's my point

    Better cards doesn't guarantee a win. It's amusing when people think they should win just because they have a more stacked team, then proceed to claim they were ea'd when they lose, just because they took more low scoring chance shots with higher rated shooters.

    My best player is only 86ovr, and lowest is an 84. You don't need a better team to win, only better skill.

    Who says like this ? I don’t. If you play vs yourself or a player with the same level, the higher rated cards makes the diffrence. A better player can win easily vs a player with higher rated cards. For me personal a card collectors mode with fixed ratings without NHL format is not what I want to play.

    Of course, in a perfect world, both sides equal, better cards will tilt the match. But on what planet do you live on, where players of identical skill match up?

    As for who says that? Had someone say that to me just a few days ago lol. And not to mention posts on the forum about how better cards don't mean anything, or that they can't compete against stacked teams etc.

    Besides, aren't you a self proclaimed offline only player? Why are you even talking about an online mode?

    Not only that, how many people here are complaining that an 84 overall is catching up to their 99 overall players on breakaways? Does not seem like such a huge advantage to have expensive cards according to the posts I see here.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!