EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Something is way off in EASHL (EA connection)

BOSTONRANGER_OG
168 posts Member
edited September 2018
Playing 3v3...all of our opponents have an AI on steroids. He literally catches up on every breakaway. Can't shake em. Our opponents can poke us FROM BEHIND with no penalty. Everyone is 5x faster than us. I built the faster sniper I could and the power forward opponent was still catching up to me in 3 steps. This game is Completley screwing people with connections.

No, it's not my connection. This game is unstable online. It's Completley making games one sided. We couldn't even connect 3 passes in a row meanwhile we won 1000 games in nhl 18 and 17.

We can't be the only ones who are experiencing this. I've never gotten so frustrated with a game where I wish I had a ohsycisl disc just to snap.

Fun factor of this game is 0. I'm done. I've got tons of clips from this ONE GAME I will post tomorrow. You can see how over powered and fast our opponents are.

Replies

• xxH3llsp4wNxx
    253 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    It is the connection- you’re not able to pick a specific server in club. Guaranteed your playing on the wrong server, or you’re room Captain is connecting to the opposite server you want. My team is all far west coast, but we had one guy in the Midwest (much closer to west than east) but if he is Captain it matches us with east teams on the east servers. He cannot be Captain anymore
  • Man, it's gonna be something. Our opponents can stop and turn on a dime. We literally gain control of the puck and we get stick lifted 298 times before I can even make a move. Why does this game always have this issue??
  • guacapoli wrote: »
    Man, it's gonna be something. Our opponents can stop and turn on a dime. We literally gain control of the puck and we get stick lifted 298 times before I can even make a move. Why does this game always have this issue??
    I feel your pain- I’ve come up with this solution. Only play home games, and be sure your Captain is close to west or east-

from a game yesterday we played a euro team who chose “best location” but were matched up as the away team with us (West and home). It was a joke, we outshot then 44-4 and I beat the center 23-0 on faceoffs. I’m sure that was a lot of fun for them. Ironically though, it was EXTREMELY hard to score on their AI goalie. Only 3 goals on 44 and we can score 3 on 10 shots easy when it’s 2 west teams
    Man, it's gonna be something. Our opponents can stop and turn on a dime. We literally gain control of the puck and we get stick lifted 298 times before I can even make a move. Why does this game always have this issue??
    I feel your pain- I’ve come up with this solution. Only play home games, and be sure your Captain is close to west or east-

from a game yesterday we played a euro team who chose “best location” but were matched up as the away team with us (West and home). It was a joke, we outshot then 44-4 and I beat the center 23-0 on faceoffs. I’m sure that was a lot of fun for them. Ironically though, it was EXTREMELY hard to score on their AI goalie. Only 3 goals on 44 and we can score 3 on 10 shots easy when it’s 2 west teams

I'm in Jersey and my buddy is in Massachusetts so we shouldn't really have any issue. All we wanna do is play nhl for a few hours every now and then and have fun. All the fun has been sucked out my Rammer and his stupid team who clearly do not test their games before release. So sick of developers releasing KNOWN BROKEN games and take weeks to months to fix. And they are never held accountable.
    guacapoli wrote: »

I'm in Jersey and my buddy is in Massachusetts so we shouldn't really have any issue. All we wanna do is play nhl for a few hours every now and then and have fun. All the fun has been sucked out my Rammer and his stupid team who clearly do not test their games before release. So sick of developers releasing KNOWN BROKEN games and take weeks to months to fix. And they are never held accountable.
    Try only playing whe you’re home. However, the AI is nothing but OP cheaters. I haven’t played offline in probably 15 years because of that. It’s 0 fun for me for the game to over ride my controls to force turnovers. I’ve even set pass assist to zero and while aiming pretty extreme left the puck goes straight up the guy to an AI player who doesn’t even have to moves . I had hoped 1 day that playing offline on higher difficulty would mean the AI plays smarter, better strategies, etc but all it doesn is up their attributes and abilities to inhuman levels.
  • Not sure it’s a connection issue.. I’ve seen both my teams AI and the opponents do the same. Never will understand the catching up on a breakaway logic, almost never happens in the NHL
  • "Playing 3v3...all of our opponents have an AI on steroids. "

I see you have met Kurtz!
    Tastes Good With The Money https://youtube.com/watch?v=GS4dO-0YI2E
  • "Playing 3v3...all of our opponents have an AI on steroids. "

yes, but its definitely something more than Kurtz. Our guys turn so slow. stop and go is non existent. Passing seems delayed. But our opponent is lightning quick. There's a clear connection advantage going on. This happened last year if i remember correctly. Legit couldn't play the game for the first 2 months. Then we went like 1000-300 record once the connection was fixed. But the big question is, why can't this game EVER work on release day??
    "Playing 3v3...all of our opponents have an AI on steroids. "

yes, but its definitely something more than Kurtz. Our guys turn so slow. stop and go is non existent. Passing seems delayed. But our opponent is lightning quick. There's a clear connection advantage going on. This happened last year if i remember correctly. Legit couldn't play the game for the first 2 months. Then we went like 1000-300 record once the connection was fixed. But the big question is, why can't this game EVER work on release day??

yeah i dunno... i haven't really had much in a ways of a noticeable disadvantage.

i have noticed a major diff between my playmaker's passing (release speed) vs. my grinder, but I kinda expect that, if that makes sense. but that's about what I have noticed.

that... and if we ever have computer Kurtz, we win!

B)
    Tastes Good With The Money https://youtube.com/watch?v=GS4dO-0YI2E
  • Can we see some gameplay footage? Maybe you dont realize it but hockey is a faster game then you how you react.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
    Playing 3v3...all of our opponents have an AI on steroids. He literally catches up on every breakaway. Can't shake em. Our opponents can poke us FROM BEHIND with no penalty. Everyone is 5x faster than us. I built the faster sniper I could and the power forward opponent was still catching up to me in 3 steps. This game is Completley screwing people with connections.

No, it's not my connection. This game is unstable online. It's Completley making games one sided. We couldn't even connect 3 passes in a row meanwhile we won 1000 games in nhl 18 and 17.

We can't be the only ones who are experiencing this. I've never gotten so frustrated with a game where I wish I had a ohsycisl disc just to snap.

Fun factor of this game is 0. I'm done. I've got tons of clips from this ONE GAME I will post tomorrow. You can see how over powered and fast our opponents are.

Not just you. I was actually just about to post this almost word for word. We go through the same exact thing a couple times a night. Oppents are super fast, scoring gods that get 6 goals on 8 shots with their AI getting a hat trick or goes 3-3 on penalty shots. Our AI is a idiot pylon that can't stop a pass, takes penalties and can't hit the net. Everything wide or high. I have noticed that even in close games or games we win there is a noticeable difference between Kurtz and Saros. I will test the east / west server comment next few nights and get game clips. We do both start up games and are on split coasts.
  • We’re all from California getting matched on the East every time we’re away. We won’t play any away games now.
  • Socair
    1690 posts Game Changer
    We’re all from California getting matched on the East every time we’re away. We won’t play any away games now.
    My clubs all west, but we don’t have this happen every away game. It would occasionally in the past couple of years, but I chalked it up to a low player base.

We check the other teams region after games too if we feel like it felt east (ragrdless of us all having west pings). So are you guys consistently noticing east pings when away?
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator