EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

I received normal Cam Talbot

mhart123
172 posts Member
edited September 2018
I received normal Cam Talbot from rare silver uprade to gold common player upgrade set.

I know I was supposed to receive a common gold player which I got, but isn't it that when a player gets a TOTW item, their normal card goes out of packs and gets replaced by their TOTW item. Technically, the Talbot I received should have been TOTW item, right?

If not, then it really makes you question how the whole pack system actually works and if it is legit or not.

Here is picture of the card and issue date, it was taken with my potato which has horrible camera but you should be able to see all the necessary info.

Cn6kALI.jpg

And now, the wise guys here who will write that this forum is full of normal users and there is no help over here, well, I know there are mods here who I am very familiar from FIFA forums ( :grimace: :grimace: ) so please send this issue to the devs to replace the normal cards to TOTW items, or maybe send me PM or something, thx. @EA_Cian

Replies

• They changed it last year. You can pull both now. The regular card doesnt come out of packs.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    They changed it last year. You can pull both now. The regular card doesnt come out of packs.

Wow really? Why did they change it last year as there was no upgrades? @flyextacy
  • Talbot TOTW card is a rare, you said it yourself. 5 rare slivers for 1 common gold, why on earth would you think you deserve a rare card?
  • mhart123
    172 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    monz wrote: »
    Talbot TOTW card is a rare, you said it yourself. 5 rare slivers for 1 common gold, why on earth would you think you deserve a rare card?

Because in FIFA if player gets special card, its normal card goes out of packs and you can pull the special card in any pack. For example if a silver card gets a gold special card, you can pull the gold special card doing a silver upgrade.

Apparently the system is different in NHL, which makes me question the whole pulling system...

I mean technically, if I bought a gold pack with ONE rare card, there could be possibility that I pull some 80 rated rare (which takes the one rare card spot) and then pull couple common gold card and one could be normal Talbot. Fair?
  • monz
    753 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    mhart123 wrote: »
    monz wrote: »
    Talbot TOTW card is a rare, you said it yourself. 5 rare slivers for 1 common gold, why on earth would you think you deserve a rare card?

Because in FIFA if player gets special card, its normal card goes out of packs and you can pull the special card in any pack. For example if a silver card gets a gold special card, you can pull the gold special card doing a silver upgrade.

Apparently the system is different in NHL, which makes me question the whole pulling system...

I mean technically, if I bought a gold pack with ONE rare card, there could be possibility that I pull some 80 rated rare (which takes the one rare card spot) and then pull couple common gold card and one could be normal Talbot. Fair?

A, this isnt fifa. B, it clearly states 5 rare silvers for 1 common gold.
    Post edited by monz on
  • EA_Cian
    253 posts EA Staff (retired)
    A reminder to please be respectful and courteous to one and other. I've removed two of the more recent posts in this thread but again, let's keep it civil.