EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• PuppyClubber
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    zingaa1 wrote: »
    The thing I find strange is the list of fixes in the patch I've never read anyone complaining about, yet the issues I mostly read about haven't been addressed? Makes no sense.

Why not forget all that and focus on DR errors and bring back DR to drops?

That's because they released the game with an issue that's so fundamentally game breaking that they can't figure out how to fix it, so they release these patches with stuff no one cares about in hopes it'll distract from the fact that they're essentially robbing us.
  • Time's up EA. You've lost me. Was super pumped for this year after playing the beta, even tried to talk some friends into returning to the series this year with the new skating system, after they lost faith back in 14/15 when you screwed up the next gen release. Its quite disturbing that now in 19 you still havent returned the features that were there in 12. Menus are drastically worse now than any year previous. It looks like more and more of your budget is going into marketing and less and less into the game itself. If its not a marketable feature ("clown gear / outdoor rink") it has no value in your eyes.

The gameplay in EASHL now is not worth the time it takes to go through the menus and deal with the Dressing Room Errors. Even if you solve DRE's and redo the menus tomorrow, you have lost the playerbase. The taste of this past month is the only thing your fans will remember as they're enjoying actual AAA releases (COD / RDR).

Please make a big announcement when the lead Producer has been replaced, and I'll give this series another look.

-A fan of the series for the last 20+ years
    EASHL player
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    What the heck is going on here. Just downloaded the patch and in 3s there were two full teams minus the goalies with everyone readied up. When it went to load it kicked me out saying we didn't have the minimum required. This is three times in a row. Gotta be kidding me.
  • MiIczar
    67 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hey guys, wait a minute! I'm just after 6 games in a row without DRE (in Ones mode). No testing connection tricks anymore. It seems that today's update fixed the problem. I'll check Drop-in mode later.
    Edit: Drop-ins also without the DRE. I assume clubs are good too.
    Post edited by MiIczar on
  • Freeze60Occ
    32 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    God I miss nhl17 , it was such a good game. I know personally 100+ players that couldn't believe you took OTP out, why would you do that to us? Everyone that was top 100 on the leaderboard became friends and we would all participate in 12 person private lobbies and draft teams, goalies are the captain.

We adjusted with 18 because it was still a good game, eashl made it more of a pain to play with 12 friends at a time but in the end the competitive community prefers eashl skaters as opposed to NHL players, and you allowed us to do private matches which was cool but not as fun as 12 man draft lobbies which we ran all day long.

Nhl 19 though, I just dont get it.

Saucer passes are incredibly difficult to get on a players stick, no matter online pass assist setting. We are using analog sticks, it's not a precision instrument, you force us to turn pass assist down to prevent our passes going to the wrong player but saucer passes at best go to the "vicinity" of the intended player.

Last second passing is off. In 18/17/16/15 if a defensive player is attacking the puck carrier you could still slightly power up your pass and get it off before getting hit. Now it won't let you get the pass off you just hold it, go into the "getting hit animation" and lose the puck.

Skilled players biggest advantage was the ability to stay calm when puck handling close to the net, with defenders close by, and deke the goalie. As opposed to many players that when anywhere near the net they panic a little and just flick a shot. This seems to have been competely nerfed this year, the goalie pokes away anything near him or the slightest bump of a shoulder sends the puck flying off your stick. This is especially frustrating when a simple wrist shot goes in on the other end.

Deking left to right or holding the puck to backhand or forehand slows you down to a stand still... what hockey player have you seen that cant maintain forward speed while doing something like this? None.

Saucer passes get batted down in mid air by the defense ALL the time

Pass receiving animation that forces you offside when you dont want to.

One timer animation that flings the shooter 5 feet during the shot

In the end we could get over all of that if you would JUST BRING OTP BACK!!!!! PLEASE!!!
  • God I miss nhl17 , it was such a good game. I know personally 100+ players that couldn't believe you took OTP out, why would you do that to us? Everyone that was top 100 on the leaderboard became friends and we would all participate in 12 person private lobbies and draft teams, goalies are the captain.
    And I miss ex-gen EASHL (PS3/X360). It was the best form of this mode. Especially in NHL 14.
  • And what does that have to do with matchmaking and DRE errors?

Some people have reported that their issues are now solved, is that true? I hope so, but I hope that if people who suffered from it previously can now play, that they'd also post it here, so we knew better whether it works now, and not just stop complaining on the forum.
  • Still getting constantly errors. Getting a dressing room errors and every 5 attempt I can play a game in Eashl. The patch hasn't solved anything. And for the first time since I started this series, I am not playing this crap anymore.
  • I tried 3 games and 2 were DRE so it doesn’t work for me Post-patch.
  • kapitanron
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Oh look, we can let people have a C or an A on their jersey!

Why does this matter if getting into a game is nearly impossible? EA, you noobs, you are focusing on the wrong things. Fix the game-breaking FUNDAMENTALS before you lose the entire player base and there will be no one left to wear these.
  • I havent had any issues playing eashl
  • I heard this to be true. Scary stuff indeed.

w6LU2Bd.gif
  • Nothing but lies, two weeks ago it was stress testing a fix. Now they say they are still searching for the cause of it. We are going into November. I can't speak for everyone on here. But with all these patches and still not addressing the number 1 problem with the game I have absolutely no patience left on this issue.
  • With every update/patch, this game gets worse and worse...
  • Time's up EA. You've lost me. Was super pumped for this year after playing the beta, even tried to talk some friends into returning to the series this year with the new skating system, after they lost faith back in 14/15 when you screwed up the next gen release. Its quite disturbing that now in 19 you still havent returned the features that were there in 12. Menus are drastically worse now than any year previous. It looks like more and more of your budget is going into marketing and less and less into the game itself. If its not a marketable feature ("clown gear / outdoor rink") it has no value in your eyes.

The gameplay in EASHL now is not worth the time it takes to go through the menus and deal with the Dressing Room Errors. Even if you solve DRE's and redo the menus tomorrow, you have lost the playerbase. The taste of this past month is the only thing your fans will remember as they're enjoying actual AAA releases (COD / RDR).

Please make a big announcement when the lead Producer has been replaced, and I'll give this series another look.

-A fan of the series for the last 20+ years

Totally agree with every word on this one. EA, also lost me. I'm done with it. Sold my copy today to a second-hand store. NHL 18 was fine with me, not perfect but okay, and I will keep playing that until a new developing producer team is on board. Until then, I'm not interested anymore in your company.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Nothing but lies, two weeks ago it was stress testing a fix. Now they say they are still searching for the cause of it. We are going into November. I can't speak for everyone on here. But with all these patches and still not addressing the number 1 problem with the game I have absolutely no patience left on this issue.

It's not lies. That's how software development goes. You think you find a fix, but it turns out not to be the right resolution. It happens. It's common in development. This is why so many companies don't give constant updates to their community. Usually they wait until they are very sure the update is truly going to fix the issue before it's announced. Because what happens are posts like yours that spread toxicity. It's not like they want people to have this problem. It'll be addressed when it's addressed. I can't imagine they have a fix and are putting Cs and As on jerseys instead. This is one of the top issues people are mad about. They aren't delaying a fix because they like the negative sentiment. This also happened with the home captain lag a couple years ago. It took a few months to get it resolved. If it truly were as easy as you think, it would have been done by now.
  • jewofcanada
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Nothing but lies, two weeks ago it was stress testing a fix. Now they say they are still searching for the cause of it. We are going into November. I can't speak for everyone on here. But with all these patches and still not addressing the number 1 problem with the game I have absolutely no patience left on this issue.

It's not lies. That's how software development goes. You think you find a fix, but it turns out not to be the right resolution. It happens. It's common in development. This is why so many companies don't give constant updates to their community. Usually they wait until they are very sure the update is truly going to fix the issue before it's announced. Because what happens are posts like yours that spread toxicity. It's not like they want people to have this problem. It'll be addressed when it's addressed. I can't imagine they have a fix and are putting Cs and As on jerseys instead. This is one of the top issues people are mad about. They aren't delaying a fix because they like the negative sentiment. This also happened with the home captain lag a couple years ago. It took a few months to get it resolved. If it truly were as easy as you think, it would have been done by now.

Difference being they vehemently denied that captains lag was a real problem that existed until the end of December/early January that year, and then we finally got a fix in February. When leagues were over and the game was dead. Lol

this one they have acknowledged existed, thought they had fixed twice now, promised and then failed to deliver daily or even weekly updates in this thread three times alone, and have been 100% mum on the situation for at least a month now. the only "update" we have is a tweet (to a person, not the public) from a non-verified twitter account for a community manager... one that came almost 2 weeks after a different community mod posted on the forums: "Great news, we found the problem and a fix is coming!" and then never posted again. the communication has been embarrassingly bad.

i don't mind if the problem is just taking a while to track down and fix. i really don't. i understand that is part of the process. but don't promise us daily or weekly updates on the problem and then disappear for over a month. don't mark the thread as "Solved" when it obviously hasn't been. don't have your EA Support Chat people tell customers that there are no issues with the game and that its working fine. don't have random accounts who weren't ever affected by this problem come into the thread saying "EASHL WOrKs FiNe FoR Me It MuSt Be uR [email protected] OpEn PortS Bro!" to try to discredit the fact that hundreds of people still can't play the game. I mean look, they have made sure that there isn't even a thread dedicated to this issue on reddit -- it is like the problem doesn't exist. they have swept it under the rug and i doubt they are even working on it anymore.
  • Anyone who's getting these errors needs to open up their internet traffic so they get NAT 1 in network settings (on the PS4). I personally did this by setting the specific LAN port my PS4 goes to on my router to bridged mode, but there are other ways.

It's a bit of a band-aid solution because the problem is still on the servers or the game, but if anyone on your team who's getting the error does this you will get into every game provided your opponents have done the same. Most of the 6s teams here in Europe seem to have set up their routers this way by now so the dressing room error is virtually eliminated here.
  • WillySossonya
    12 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    hello everyone. this will be my one and only post. I created the account because at this point I think it's unlikely EA will be fixing the game this year, and the community is suffering for it.

so anyways, to avoid the cycle of dressing room errors in EASHL, you just exit the game and reload it and you should get in a gamr on the first try. it's not perfect, but it's way faster than the other option

gotta say that without this discovery i would have quit this game by now.
    Post edited by WillySossonya on
  • Janikka wrote: »
    Anyone who's getting these errors needs to open up their internet traffic so they get NAT 1 in network settings (on the PS4). I personally did this by setting the specific LAN port my PS4 goes to on my router to bridged mode, but there are other ways.

It's a bit of a band-aid solution because the problem is still on the servers or the game, but if anyone on your team who's getting the error does this you will get into every game provided your opponents have done the same. Most of the 6s teams here in Europe seem to have set up their routers this way by now so the dressing room error is virtually eliminated here.

That's by no means a guarantee, I've always had NAT2, and I don't have any issues with the game, DRE or otherwise. And I didn't have do any special adjustments to my modem settings either.

Worth trying of course, if you are having issues. One guy in our club had the bridged thingy on, but is still getting the DRE, every game. So I think there's more to it, and I assume that makes it very hard to pin point the exact cause of the issue.