EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• you have to reboot the game. yes it's not ideal but it's faster. much faster.
  • Every night around this time, there is trouble getting a 3s drop in game. I just searched for 25 min and didn’t get a single game, had to restart twice because the game glitches out. Come on guys, you’re better than this...
  • If you get a DRE close the app & restart the game.
  • ^^^^^

correct
  • I’m not getting the DRE, just not finding a game at all around 10:30-11:30 EST.
    Random fact, maybe it will help with the core issue- any game I do find is always full with goalies, so I guess something is glitching where it won’t allow partially filled matches. I signed back on around midnight and found games no problem, but I always have issues around the times I listed above.
  • I’m not getting the DRE, just not finding a game at all around 10:30-11:30 EST.
    Random fact, maybe it will help with the core issue- any game I do find is always full with goalies, so I guess something is glitching where it won’t allow partially filled matches. I signed back on around midnight and found games no problem, but I always have issues around the times I listed above.

Not finding a game is an error, also if you cant cancel a search. Not finding a game only enough seems to only happen in 3s.
  • jiajji wrote: »
    If you get a DRE close the app & restart the game.

This trick doesn’t work for me. Nor does the test connection trick. Honestly, it’s been 6 weeks and the close app trick has been known from week 1 which is likely why no one commented.
  • There is no tricks people if it's gonna happen it's gonna happen no need to restart the app just go back into the DR
  • works for me and my buddy EVERY SINGLE TIME.
  • There is no tricks people if it's gonna happen it's gonna happen no need to restart the app just go back into the DR

It seems the experience is different for a lot of people but restarting the app has worked every time for me.
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    There have been a multitude of workarounds that have been shared by various players throughout this investigation. Restarting the app was a workaround shared on Answers HQ a while back however none of this workarounds work for everyone which is why can't really endorse them.
  • We bought the game to play with our online friends. So we have to restart the game while they wait, then get to the matchmaking lobby and wait, then get the DRE and everyone has to back out to pick you up again, it's ridiculous! Soon, nobody wants to play with you because you can't get in a game! We paid the same as everyone else but some of us get errors that others just don't get! What's the deal?!!
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    There have been a multitude of workarounds that have been shared by various players throughout this investigation. Restarting the app was a workaround shared on Answers HQ a while back however none of this workarounds work for everyone which is why can't really endorse them.

Is this happening on xbox too? Or just PS4? Have you guys looked into the PS4 game Sharing? My friend uses PS4 game share and gets the error every single time. Don’t know if this has anything to do with it but he has no problems playing online vs and other modes.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    EA_Roger wrote: »

Is this happening on xbox too? Or just PS4? Have you guys looked into the PS4 game Sharing? My friend uses PS4 game share and gets the error every single time. Don’t know if this has anything to do with it but he has no problems playing online vs and other modes.

@EA_Roger @NHL_ONL_Producer

I'm on Xbox One X.

Last night was probably my worst experience in EASHL I've ever had in all my years playing this series. Matched up with our LG opponent and immediately was getting stuttering lag and game pausing, then fast forwarding for a few seconds. Many of my teammates were also complaining of delayed inputs and general "fat man lag". With Six minutes to go in the 1st (and after the other team had scored twice) my teammates voice communications started to stutter as well, 10 seconds later my game froze up and I was disconnected from the EA servers.

Quick check on my pc, the connection was fine. Router was fine. Still, I hard reset my console and switch the ethernet cable port on the router just in case.

Back in the Club DR, we all ready up, search for private game. Find them instantly, we all ready up... Whoops! We lose 1 player to DRE, they lose 3. Reset. Back in the DR. Now players are getting booted out of the Dressing Room trying to join off a party invite. I get booted. Go back to the DR. Everyone readys up... AGAIN! People are starting to lose patience at this point. Search again. 2 of our guys have RED BAR connections when it was GREEN all the other times. Reset the lobby. Search AGAIN. Found the opponents. Ready up. And FINALLY the game can start. But by now, because of the disconnects, we have to give up TWO penalties to the other team.

Also now, 2 of our guys are having HORRIFIC lag spikes (like I was) and everyone else is at anywhere from 50ms ping (me) to 100ms ping and very delayed game play.

End result? We lost 9-5 and had the WORST experience it would be possible to have playing a video game. The worst part is that the other team wasn't even lagging a little bit (we found out after). They all had normal 10ms - 20ms pings across the board.

I don't know what it is. Maybe the combination of west vs. east connections made it unfavorable for us. Maybe we all just had bad network traffic at that time, although when I checked everything was fine and the couple of warmup games we played prior to our real game the connection for everyone was smooth as butter. But something has to be done to even out everyone's experience in those situations were most of the participants may be very distant from each other.

Maybe make it so that everyone has to play at 50ms ping so EVERYONE has the same experience instead of just those that get saddle with an unfavorable connection. Because having 1 person getting 200ms spikes, 2 other people getting 100ms, 3 getting 50ms and the other team all 20ms... That's the recipe for NOT having a good time.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    EA_Roger wrote: »

@EA_Roger @NHL_ONL_Producer

I'm on Xbox One X.

Last night was probably my worst experience in EASHL I've ever had in all my years playing this series. Matched up with our LG opponent and immediately was getting stuttering lag and game pausing, then fast forwarding for a few seconds. Many of my teammates were also complaining of delayed inputs and general "fat man lag". With Six minutes to go in the 1st (and after the other team had scored twice) my teammates voice communications started to stutter as well, 10 seconds later my game froze up and I was disconnected from the EA servers.

Quick check on my pc, the connection was fine. Router was fine. Still, I hard reset my console and switch the ethernet cable port on the router just in case.

Back in the Club DR, we all ready up, search for private game. Find them instantly, we all ready up... Whoops! We lose 1 player to DRE, they lose 3. Reset. Back in the DR. Now players are getting booted out of the Dressing Room trying to join off a party invite. I get booted. Go back to the DR. Everyone readys up... AGAIN! People are starting to lose patience at this point. Search again. 2 of our guys have RED BAR connections when it was GREEN all the other times. Reset the lobby. Search AGAIN. Found the opponents. Ready up. And FINALLY the game can start. But by now, because of the disconnects, we have to give up TWO penalties to the other team.

Also now, 2 of our guys are having HORRIFIC lag spikes (like I was) and everyone else is at anywhere from 50ms ping (me) to 100ms ping and very delayed game play.

End result? We lost 9-5 and had the WORST experience it would be possible to have playing a video game. The worst part is that the other team wasn't even lagging a little bit (we found out after). They all had normal 10ms - 20ms pings across the board.

I don't know what it is. Maybe the combination of west vs. east connections made it unfavorable for us. Maybe we all just had bad network traffic at that time, although when I checked everything was fine and the couple of warmup games we played prior to our real game the connection for everyone was smooth as butter. But something has to be done to even out everyone's experience in those situations were most of the participants may be very distant from each other.

Maybe make it so that everyone has to play at 50ms ping so EVERYONE has the same experience instead of just those that get saddle with an unfavorable connection. Because having 1 person getting 200ms spikes, 2 other people getting 100ms, 3 getting 50ms and the other team all 20ms... That's the recipe for NOT having a good time.

Hmm, sounds to me like you got snagged by the Adidas Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment. :trollface:
    The root cause has been extremely difficult to pinpoint for us, you can even see yourselves that some nights are better than others. Given how sporadic the error is, the fact that it only affects PlayStation players, the fact it seems to affect some networks & not others, all of this factors and much more impact tracking down the root cause. We are using as many resources as possible to get to the bottom of this, I not it may not mean much but I can promise you that.

Definitely not just affecting Playstation users.

The fact that EA thinks this is just a Playstation problem might be lending itself to lack of discovery of the problem..
  • EA_Roger

Dressing Room errors:
    We have identified the root cause of the error and it was specific to PS4. We are in the midst of testing a work around fix to deploy to the server in hope that the issues are resolved until a proper client fix can be made in an upcoming patch.

@KidShowtime1867 ,

We've always been clear about this only affecting PlayStation users, it's even mentioned in the opening post of this topic. Have you encountered the dressing room error specifically on Xbox as well? Could you send us a screenshot if that's the case?

Thanks,

Dressing Room errors:
    We have identified the root cause of the error and it was specific to PS4. We are in the midst of testing a work around fix to deploy to the server in hope that the issues are resolved until a proper client fix can be made in an upcoming patch.

@KidShowtime1867 ,

We've always been clear about this only affecting PlayStation users, it's even mentioned in the opening post of this topic. Have you encountered the dressing room error specifically on Xbox as well? Could you send us a screenshot if that's the case?

Thanks,

The topic title is WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors.

Drop-in Matchmaking is still not working well on Xbox.
  • EA_Roger
    Apologies for the confusion, my last posts in here have been in relation to the dressing room error. When it comes to Matchmaking the issue was across both platforms however those issues have since been resolved from my understanding. Outages happen however we do confirm them when they arise, ironically there is one right now:

Sporadic drops/lag aren't normally down to us, especially when aren't wide spread. When they are wide spread, like right now our customer support and Twitter are hit pretty hard. Are you having these issues every night yourself?
    Apologies for the confusion, my last posts in here have been in relation to the dressing room error. When it comes to Matchmaking the issue was across both platforms however those issues have since been resolved from my understanding. Outages happen however we do confirm them when they arise, ironically there is one right now:

Sporadic drops/lag aren't normally down to us, especially when aren't wide spread. When they are wide spread, like right now our customer support and Twitter are hit pretty hard. Are you having these issues every night yourself?

I'm not saying that I'm experiencing drops/Lag..

Getting a full 6v6 game in drop-ins hasn't worked as successfully as it did in the beta.