EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• Well I'm happy to report that I have a fix for the game error. A friend of mine just told me to do this and it worked. I've been wanting to tear my hair out or kill somebody because I haven't been able to play this since I got it as a demo and then when I paid for it in September.

This is completely random but it works LOL

When you first get into the 6 V6 Lobby where you see the other team, hit triangle to bring up the player list, escape that and then ready up.

That's it.

like I said it's completely random but I haven't been able to play almost at all, but I played four games in a row without error and then I accidentally forgot to hit triangle on one lobby and an error occurred.

By the way people at EAA this is totally unacceptable.

I play this game daily for the past two years and you guys are the worst for customer service.

anybody else who wants to you can please confirm that this work for you as well
  • Officially 2+ months since release date, or approx 17% of the yearly lifespan of the game. (Over 3+ months since issue was rampant/reported in the BETA.)

Guys, I guess this matchmaking thing is too difficult for EA to figure out. I mean, it's such a crazy new concept! What is this internet fad anyway!!??

It would be even more hilarious if I wasn't defrauded of $100 (CDN). EA, I know I'm just one schmuck to you, but I for one will not forget this. Ever.

• It doesn't sound so random, if you're able to repeat it consistently? But good for you if it works, and certainly something EA should investigate pronto, if it does work.
  • So the problem with the dressing room error was identified in September and here we are on November 12th and I'm still getting that error multiple times a night when playing EASHL. What is the hold up in fixing this issue?
  • HoodHoppers
    1486 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Has anybody else tried sdmjones' trick above?
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Has anybody else tried sdmjones' trick above?

I'll throw a little something into the mix myself. Bear in mind this is all in solo dropins, 6vs6.

Last night played 3 straight games as a Grinder D man. After first game, I select next game, boom, I see my grinder, I hit ready, we play. Same thing for the second game.

Now the weird thing is, for the third game, all of a sudden my avatar had reverted on its own to my first character class, which is Sniper. I hit ready up as I figured I will just switch it up at the matchup screen. Funny thing is, game seemed like on an endless search, so I get the Cancel freeze.

I dashboard, come back to EASHL 6s and there I have it, my Grinder as my selected class, as it should have been for that third game in the first place. I hit search and found a game no problem.

Dunno if this can help the online team, but it is weird indeed. It's as if I kind of lose connection with the server, but not enough to get kicked from the server.

Would be curious if others noticed this as last night is the first time I paid attention to it. I have to assume it has happened before, but I cannot confirm 100%.
  • SdMJones wrote: »
    Well I'm happy to report that I have a fix for the game error. A friend of mine just told me to do this and it worked. I've been wanting to tear my hair out or kill somebody because I haven't been able to play this since I got it as a demo and then when I paid for it in September.

When you first get into the 6 V6 Lobby where you see the other team, hit triangle to bring up the player list, escape that and then ready up.

That's it.

like I said it's completely random but I haven't been able to play almost at all, but I played four games in a row without error and then I accidentally forgot to hit triangle on one lobby and an error occurred.

I play this game daily for the past two years and you guys are the worst for customer service.

Doesn’t work for me.
  • This is an absolute joke. Ive played since NHL 05. And EASHL since the beginning. they have known about this error since september and yet... its not fixed.
  • HI EA, Would like to report my real life friend that’s been having the DRE everyday since the opening has gone 5 days error free on PS4 he’s a happy guy so you guys must be getting very close thanks for continuing to try hard to fix this issues your work is not going unnoticed.
  • I'm getting the dressing room error constantly. I usually get one game in when I first start, and then never again. Do something, I'll even let you remote access my PS4.
    Well I'm happy to report that I have a fix for the game error. A friend of mine just told me to do this and it worked. I've been wanting to tear my hair out or kill somebody because I haven't been able to play this since I got it as a demo and then when I paid for it in September.

That's it.

Dude!!! This actually worked! At least I played 3 club games yesterday and I got in on every one of them. I still need to test it throughly but damn, a miracle!
  • Anyone else experiencing SPLIT LOBBYs? So a group of 6 of us trying to join games and it splits the lobby half of us get in game one or 2 guys stuck in lobby. Happened once in blue moon before seems to be happening more frequent like few times a day now. Last couple days on PS4.
  • Anyone else experiencing SPLIT LOBBYs? So a group of 6 of us trying to join games and it splits the lobby half of us get in game one or 2 guys stuck in lobby. Happened once in blue moon before seems to be happening more frequent like few times a day now. Last couple days on PS4.

Yes It happens to us about once a night when half of us get into a game and the rest stuck at search. We generally reset the lobby and search again. That seems to help. A few times we did not reset the lobby and weird things kept happening.
  • j_cardn
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    So glad I bought a hard copy. I will 100% be returning this game tomorrow after only playing for 3 hours during primetine. I buy soley for EASHL game mode. Another HUGE disappointment from EA.

• Now DR just endlessly loads at 0:00 when all players are readied up????
  • I never get dropped so I get a front row seat to how many people dont make it into the games. Its pretty insane, last game we lost 4 players total.
  • No joke I had a 6v6 drop in say insufficient players. Only time ive seen that dressing room error though in a case like that.

That's it.

This post is written like an online recipe
  • I just spent an hour trying to get a game. The only 6's that almost happened resulted in DRE. Almost had a 5 but everyone on the opposing team, literally everyone, dropped out before the puck dropped.

Also...every single failed search would then require me to kill the game to search again.

Ridiculous.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    I just spent an hour trying to get a game. The only 6's that almost happened resulted in DRE. Almost had a 5 but everyone on the opposing team, literally everyone, dropped out before the puck dropped.

Also...every single failed search would then require me to kill the game to search again.

Ridiculous.

That's pretty much the state of the game since demo. Anyone associated with this game sould be embarrassed. Sure shouldn't be paying for a game that's still in beta.