EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• Would like to see EA pull the plug on this game and not make any more. Give another company a shot at making a good hockey game. I've had enough of EA's incompetence.
  • As said before, nothing is stopping anyone from making a hockey game, it's just that there seems to be very little interest for it? If only hockey was more popular, like soccer or even basket ball.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    As said before, nothing is stopping anyone from making a hockey game, it's just that there seems to be very little interest for it? If only hockey was more popular, like soccer or even basket ball.

Building any new game from the ground up is an expensive and very large undertaking. The game is growing and expansion is a good sign. Maybe someday soon another developer will try to enter the market, but EA has such a strong footing. Whoever did come out with a hockey title would need to offer modes such as HUT, EASHL etc in order to even think about being in the same conversation.

That would take a huge effort from any, already established gaming company.
  • Wow this last patch is awesome. I got maybe 5 dressing room errors in 7 weeks. Since the new patch? I got 7 in one night.

Now after every game, I get no CR, no EXP and no hockey bags. I cannot level up and at the end of every game, all I have is exit, replay and check connection. Awesome.

This has got to be fixed and is seriously getting ridiculous. Not only did the tuners change the reason I bought this game and turned it into a game I wouldn't have purchased, now I can hardly play at all. For the rare times I don't get a DRE, in 6vs6 there is rarely less than 8 players that get dropped before the game starts. That's right, no less than 8 players.

Unacceptable EA. Unacceptable.
    As said before, nothing is stopping anyone from making a hockey game, it's just that there seems to be very little interest for it? If only hockey was more popular, like soccer or even basket ball.

Building any new game from the ground up is an expensive and very large undertaking. The game is growing and expansion is a good sign. Maybe someday soon another developer will try to enter the market, but EA has such a strong footing. Whoever did come out with a hockey title would need to offer modes such as HUT, EASHL etc in order to even think about being in the same conversation.

You are entitled to your opinion, but IMO the game is not growing at all. Yes they are building on it, but it is not growing. It is regressing. Getting the "more is less" syndrome. We get tuners to bring back old gameplay and matchmaking is an absolute failure and nightmare. No goal songs. Be a Pro as stale as ever.

You are entitled to your opinion, but IMO the game is not growing at all. Yes they are building on it, but it is not growing. It is regressing. Getting the "more is less" syndrome. We get tuners to bring back old gameplay and matchmaking is an absolute failure and nightmare. No goal songs. Be a Pro as stale as ever.

I meant hockey as a sport is expanding, not NHL as a game.

I meant hockey as a sport is expanding, not NHL as a game.

Oh, right. Agreed. Hopefully it expands even more, and not necessarily the amount of teams in the league.
  • Tried to play 6's today with friends. Got one game in 10 tries. Still with the errors wow. I have now played less than 80 games Club/Drops combined. I normally hit around 2000 games played between the two. My kids have both stopped playing. Worst NHL game I have ever played.
  • Wow this last patch is awesome. I got maybe 5 dressing room errors in 7 weeks. Since the new patch? I got 7 in one night.

Now after every game, I get no CR, no EXP and no hockey bags. I cannot level up and at the end of every game, all I have is exit, replay and check connection. Awesome.

This has got to be fixed and is seriously getting ridiculous. Not only did the tuners change the reason I bought this game and turned it into a game I wouldn't have purchased, now I can hardly play at all. For the rare times I don't get a DRE, in 6vs6 there is rarely less than 8 players that get dropped before the game starts. That's right, no less than 8 players.

Unacceptable EA. Unacceptable.

Issue seems to be better. Played last night without DRE and got xp after my games.
  • Matchmaking is still atrocious. 35 mins and counting to get a game currently. The only 6's ended up DRE.
  • I can get into a game after 3-4 dre errors in ecl. THIS IS A JOKE
  • So I have played until now without any DRE errors, and now since yesterday or day before that, I am getting almost every time the DRE. No one else in my team gets it. Did you change something on your European servers recently? :s
  • I'd also like to report an increase in the number of times a game ends and I get dropped out to the main menu, no chance to see post game stats at all.
  • Am I the only one who started getting DRE these last couple of days? It seems that there are other players dropping off too but I am not sure...
  • I am constantly getting dre errors. I can get into a game! EA?!?!?!?!
  • Pini1123 wrote: »
    I am constantly getting dre errors. I can get into a game! EA?!?!?!?!

Making video games is hard. You need to be a little more compassionate.
  • ExSnake01 wrote: »
    Pini1123 wrote: »
    I am constantly getting dre errors. I can get into a game! EA?!?!?!?!

Making video games is hard. You need to be a little more compassionate.

They should be more compassionate to their customers. Never should a game ship with problems this bad and never should they take this long to fix. They should also be forced to pay refunds for releasing a defective product.
  • I heard a rumor that opening ports so that I get NAT 1 will help with the matchmaking errors. Is that true?
  • Pracu wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that opening ports so that I get NAT 1 will help with the matchmaking errors. Is that true?

No, I've tried EVERYTHING for my brother who's on ps4 to no avail. I went to school for computer information systems with a focus on networking and businesses admin so I know a bit what I'm doing. It's not in the user end. It's on EA's end for sure
  • Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    Pracu wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that opening ports so that I get NAT 1 will help with the matchmaking errors. Is that true?

No, I've tried EVERYTHING for my brother who's on ps4 to no avail. I went to school for computer information systems with a focus on networking and businesses admin so I know a bit what I'm doing. It's not in the user end. It's on EA's end for sure

It's about time EA will pay us back.