EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• So those of us that bought the game for EASHL got screwed out of our money? Well done, EA. Well done. Unless you give NHL 20 away for free to NHL 19 owners, this series has finally received its death sentence. Between this game and Fallout 76, I've learned a harsh lesson in the past few months about preordering games from the PSN store at full price. No matter how broken, you don't get a refund. You're stuck with a game in your library that doesn't work, and in the case of this game since it's a yearly release: It will NEVER work. It just sits there, mocking you for handing a greedy company $60 for absolutely nothing of value.

The fact that they've gone silence is the most pathetic. Remember when NHL 15 was coming out, and about a WEEK BEFORE RELEASE they had the balls to tell us that EASHL/OTP would be absent from the current gen versions? And then they vowed to be more open to their fanbase going forward? Here we are, three years later, and not a damn peep from EA about stealing the money of their loyal fans. Yes, this is stealing. Charging for a product that doesn't work and then not giving any sort of compensation or refund is just terrible. No wonder they routinely get awarded Worst Company of the Year. This is a movie villain level of greed.

The best I can hope for is that this ends up being a nail in the coffin and NHL 20 sales numbers are so abysmal that the series gets cancelled. Then in a few years, another company can put out a hockey game that actually does what's advertised. For now, it's disgusting that what EA did to us this year isn't illegal. It's robbery, plain and simple. Hopefully this series is dead and a company that actually gives a damn about their fanbase takes over.
  • Any updates for the dressing room errors????????
  • Thank you EA for ruining the NHL series forever. Hopped on for the first time in probably over a month and what do ya know, still DREs all the time. Thank you for stealing my money! Rolling back the tuner to the beta but what does that matter when EASHL is still unplayable? You are a joke of a company and deserve all the negative comments thrown at you. Go ahead and ban me for telling the truth because it would prove i am.
  • Is the dressing room error only effecting some people? I haven't seen it outside of maybe a few times in the first week.

Only play actual club though, not drop ins. Although I played a few drop in 6s games as goalie the other night, and had no problems then either.

From this thread, you'd think nobody was able to play.
  • Please answer me! Any updates about the dressing room errors.
    Please don't ignore me.
  • Is the dressing room error only effecting some people? I haven't seen it outside of maybe a few times in the first week.

Only play actual club though, not drop ins. Although I played a few drop in 6s games as goalie the other night, and had no problems then either.

Same issues in drop in.
  • Pini1123 wrote: »
    Please answer me! Any updates about the dressing room errors.
    Please don't ignore me.

They can and will, it's easier to ignore than acknowledge a problem, it's the EA way.
  • Locker room errors still a thing on ps4. 3s 6s and clubs. What is going on...
  • Locker room errors still a thing on ps4. 3s 6s and clubs. What is going on...

On Xbox the last 24 hours has been brutal, one after another.
  • So i dont know what happened but all of a sudden im not getting a single DRE. Started yesterday and have played probably over 30 drop ins and havent dropped out of a game once.

It’s very much alive and well! Yesterday was horrible for the entire day and night! took at least 3 attempts per club match as someone was always getting the Dre, our side or the other team. Starting to become very silly already! Like the one poster said who needs the beta back if you can’t make it outta the dressing room! EA SPORTS, “ It’s in the Game” , but your not!
  • Moxrox84
    319 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Hard to imagine we've reached a stage in gaming where a company can knowingly release a broken game, and then not give a crap about fixing it 5 months after release.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
  • Any updates guys??
    Any updates guys??

I'm giving up the ghost on this. They clearly have no intention of fixing it.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Pini1123 wrote: »
    Any updates guys??

Correct, its not being fixed for 19. They're working toward fixing it for 20, leaked in a chat with gamechangers.
  • It's much easier to ignore a soon to be 28 page thread on the developers site than to acknowledge it.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Pini1123 wrote: »
    Any updates guys??

Correct, its not being fixed for 19. They're working toward fixing it for 20, leaked in a chat with gamechangers.

That is damned pathetic...case in point, I've now been in 3 straight 6v6 rooms that all crashed out with DRE.

I'd ask an actual EA employee if they're proud of the product they released, but in truth, it's a rather rhetorical question.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, since the beta tuner was introduced, I've had regular DREs... it seems you can avoid it if everyone readies themselves up well before the timer runs out, but if not, I get a DRE regular as clockwork. One other guy in our team is almost the same, and we have the same Internet service provider, Telia in Finland.

I've heard that specifically Telia connections have had this issue ever since the beta was introduced. And it's not just me and my buddy, often we see players in the opposing team dropping too. My guess they're on Telia as well, as they're local ones mostly. It's possible this affects Sweden too, as Telia is a Swedish company, I understand?
  • I am constantly getting dre errors ever since the first real beta. 3-4 in a row before I can get into a game. This is the worst company in the world for giving out a unfinished product. Whoever designed this new dressing room error is probably in serious trouble and the project manager has been sacked.
    I am constantly getting dre errors ever since the first real beta. 3-4 in a row before I can get into a game. This is the worst company in the world for giving out a unfinished product. Whoever designed this new dressing room error is probably in serious trouble and the project manager has been sacked.

Nope, they've had the same people for years now. It's a yearly thing where there are major things broken with the game and they go unfixed until the next year's game. EA doesn't give them permission or funding to fix it is my guess. Just another reason EA is probably known as the shadiest publisher ever. It's all about the money instead of putting out a quality product.

I'm excited for anthem but real cautious and leery because well it's ea publishing. Pretty bad that a game can look great because bioware is the dev team but having that EA logo on the box is a huge red flag