EA Forums - Banner

Why doesn't this game ever reward great play?

Prev13456710
I have a lot more screens of this and it just sucks the life out of wanting to continue to play this. Dominating teams with great play? Great passing? Keeping it in the zone? Think you're going to get rewarded? Of course not. The ones that get rewarded are the glitch goalers and rebound shot spammers. It's. So. Very. Frustrating.

f9zy7g3.png

7ymdTrc.png

Replies

  • Because this game plays nothing like real hockey
  • It's not hockey, man. It's just a digital representation of it. It's code covered in hockey looking art and graphics. And like any other video game if you learn the patterns, flaws, weak spots in how it's put together, you'll be okay. If you try to stuff your real hockey style of play into it you'll largely be frustrated because it's not going to work that way. I feel your pain.
    Visit my NHL/Bruins blog: BostonPucks.com
  • D19Box wrote: »
    It's not hockey, man. It's just a digital representation of it. It's code covered in hockey looking art and graphics. And like any other video game if you learn the patterns, flaws, weak spots in how it's put together, you'll be okay. If you try to stuff your real hockey style of play into it you'll largely be frustrated because it's not going to work that way. I feel your pain.

    It was more like hockey last year than this year besides the skating. I shouldn’t have people catch me from behind when I am steps ahead and faster. I shouldn’t be nudged and lose the puck every time. Goalies should be weaker cross crease or changing the angle. Now.. you can just snipe from virtually anywheee and it goes in
  • majjama_26
    175 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    0-0 game with seconds left on the clock?? Just let the AI decide the game winning goal. This constantly happens as well. Why is this game such trash?? I think I've finally lost my mind.

    Q01BI1J.png
  • It doesn't because they want to keep games close. They can't do it by simulation, so they have chosen to keep them close through articial means. You can win by 3, the chances of it happening are extremely rare when the game has little nuances to keep up engagement in the series.

    I don't believe when others have said their patents are only for Mobile games. There is no chance in 2018 that a company that has research into something doesn't use it in all of their projects.
  • CMBDeadly
    177 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The issue is their attempts to keep up engagement are killing the series. Plus the fact they don't want a fantastic game, they want an okay game, that can be made better by getting a better team in hut. Our enjoyment is residual to the business model. EA's corporate mangers have said as much. Their a company that believes single player games are dead(lies to fit their agenda) and that live services are the only way to go(because they generate more revenue)

    Edited to remove swearing shorthand, let's please watch the language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • CMBDeadly wrote: »
    The issue is their attempts to keep up engagement are killing the series. Plus the fact they don't want a fantastic game, they want an okay game, that can be made better by getting a better team in hut. Our enjoyment is residual to the business model. EA's corporate mangers have said as much. Their a company that believes single player games are dead(lies to fit their agenda) and that live services are the only way to go(because they generate more revenue)

    Edited to remove swearing shorthand, let's please watch the language. - EA_Cian

    I don't see how having a HUT team can make my EASHL experience better. Please explain.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1585 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    You can show us pictures all day of after-game stats, but for all we know, you could be just passing too much and taking slapshots on every zone entry....
  • majjama_26 wrote: »
    I have a lot more screens of this and it just sucks the life out of wanting to continue to play this. Dominating teams with great play? Great passing? Keeping it in the zone? Think you're going to get rewarded? Of course not. The ones that get rewarded are the glitch goalers and rebound shot spammers. It's. So. Very. Frustrating.

    f9zy7g3.png

    7ymdTrc.png

    It has been my biggest gripe of this franchise for the last 5+ years. Unfortunately a large portion of the player base in this game, has one form of offense - to exploit NHLs deficiencies. 90% of my games I outshoot, out attack, and have a significantly higher passing % than my opponents. Typically the only stat they lead in is hits, because naturally that's what hockey is all about.......and goals because they come down the ice every attack and look for a SS snipe or try and skate circles below the goal line until they either break loose and can skate across the crease or skate circles until they can find a cross crease one-t on the back door.

    I played a guy ranked 52 last night in VS mode with a record of 38-2-2 - he played with the penguins and I the Hurricanes. He attempted SS glitch goal AT LEAST 15 times in the game, and every other scoring opportunity came from him forcing passes cross crease for back door tap ins. With just over a minute left, he finally gets one through on the back door. Lefty receives it on his forehand, at the GOAL line and buries. Luckily I tied it up with 30 secs left and took it in OT for a 2-1 final. Usually in NHL I'm losing that game.

    His offense was atrocious, bland and not the least bit innovative. Yet a character like this, has a record like that? Give me a break.
  • You can show us pictures all day of after-game stats, but for all we know, you could be just passing too much and taking slapshots on every zone entry....

    33 shots and over 8 minutes of zone time in that one game and you think we're cycling the puck too much and just taking slappers?? Really?
  • majjama_26 wrote: »
    I have a lot more screens of this and it just sucks the life out of wanting to continue to play this. Dominating teams with great play? Great passing? Keeping it in the zone? Think you're going to get rewarded? Of course not. The ones that get rewarded are the glitch goalers and rebound shot spammers. It's. So. Very. Frustrating.

    f9zy7g3.png

    7ymdTrc.png

    It has been my biggest gripe of this franchise for the last 5+ years. Unfortunately a large portion of the player base in this game, has one form of offense - to exploit NHLs deficiencies. 90% of my games I outshoot, out attack, and have a significantly higher passing % than my opponents. Typically the only stat they lead in is hits, because naturally that's what hockey is all about.......and goals because they come down the ice every attack and look for a SS snipe or try and skate circles below the goal line until they either break loose and can skate across the crease or skate circles until they can find a cross crease one-t on the back door.

    I played a guy ranked 52 last night in VS mode with a record of 38-2-2 - he played with the penguins and I the Hurricanes. He attempted SS glitch goal AT LEAST 15 times in the game, and every other scoring opportunity came from him forcing passes cross crease for back door tap ins. With just over a minute left, he finally gets one through on the back door. Lefty receives it on his forehand, at the GOAL line and buries. Luckily I tied it up with 30 secs left and took it in OT for a 2-1 final. Usually in NHL I'm losing that game.

    His offense was atrocious, bland and not the least bit innovative. Yet a character like this, has a record like that? Give me a break.

    Your first paragraph is spot on. I have always been a Club player and have never played VS, but I can imagine the amount of cheese some of these players try to use to squeeze out goals.
  • majjama_26 wrote: »
    You can show us pictures all day of after-game stats, but for all we know, you could be just passing too much and taking slapshots on every zone entry....

    33 shots and over 8 minutes of zone time in that one game and you think we're cycling the puck too much and just taking slappers?? Really?

    Without video, what other conclusions should I draw?
  • majjama_26
    175 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    majjama_26 wrote: »
    You can show us pictures all day of after-game stats, but for all we know, you could be just passing too much and taking slapshots on every zone entry....

    33 shots and over 8 minutes of zone time in that one game and you think we're cycling the puck too much and just taking slappers?? Really?

    Without video, what other conclusions should I draw?

    Sorry I don't have video of whole games to show you how well we control the flow of offense in these games. I'll break it down for you anyway.

    If you haven't noticed, NHL 19 has made it more difficult to maintain the puck. If you keep it on the stick too long you're going to lose it. It forces you to pass more. Not only does it force you to pass more, it forces you try other ways of finding the open man. Gone are the days of constantly, always passing through the slot for a one to one goal. There are way too many intercepts happening and that forces you to pass back to your D much more. Bad teams will try to hit/rush the puck carrier and leave men open. I actually like how it is more difficult to maintain the puck in the O-zone (although I think there are too many clean puck interceptions/turnovers). Most of our shots came from the point for deflections in front or our forwards posted high in the zone for close man to man pass one-timers in front of the net. On about six occasions we had lanes open for a great snap shot at the goalies glove side in close and the goalie glove snagged each and every one.

    All that aside, you really think that dominating play by "passing too much" in the offensive zone and taking slapshots that actually get through (there are also an absurd amount of blocked shots in the game as well), that I should've gotten only 1 goal for it? Really? You're blaming my team for our great play?
  • majjama_26 wrote: »
    majjama_26 wrote: »
    You can show us pictures all day of after-game stats, but for all we know, you could be just passing too much and taking slapshots on every zone entry....

    33 shots and over 8 minutes of zone time in that one game and you think we're cycling the puck too much and just taking slappers?? Really?

    Without video, what other conclusions should I draw?

    You're blaming my team for our great play?

    I am.

    A team that can only score 1 goal on 33 shots is far from great.
  • majjama_26 wrote: »
    majjama_26 wrote: »
    You can show us pictures all day of after-game stats, but for all we know, you could be just passing too much and taking slapshots on every zone entry....

    33 shots and over 8 minutes of zone time in that one game and you think we're cycling the puck too much and just taking slappers?? Really?

    Without video, what other conclusions should I draw?

    You're blaming my team for our great play?

    I am.

    A team that can only score 1 goal on 33 shots is far from great.

    Not true at all, what if the other team had 50 shots and 0 goals. Scoring goals does not a great team make, Defense wins championships.
  • monz wrote: »
    majjama_26 wrote: »
    majjama_26 wrote: »
    You can show us pictures all day of after-game stats, but for all we know, you could be just passing too much and taking slapshots on every zone entry....

    33 shots and over 8 minutes of zone time in that one game and you think we're cycling the puck too much and just taking slappers?? Really?

    Without video, what other conclusions should I draw?

    You're blaming my team for our great play?

    I am.

    A team that can only score 1 goal on 33 shots is far from great.

    Not true at all, what if the other team had 50 shots and 0 goals.

    Then they would also not be considered great.
  • majjama_26 wrote: »
    majjama_26 wrote: »
    You can show us pictures all day of after-game stats, but for all we know, you could be just passing too much and taking slapshots on every zone entry....

    33 shots and over 8 minutes of zone time in that one game and you think we're cycling the puck too much and just taking slappers?? Really?

    Without video, what other conclusions should I draw?

    You're blaming my team for our great play?

    I am.

    A team that can only score 1 goal on 33 shots is far from great.

    Good assessment bro. Let's recap.

    Passing too much? Check.
    Too many slap shots getting through? Check.
    High ToT equating to bad play? Check.

    Thanks for your contributions!! Still glad there are people that agree that great teamplay is ignored while the glitch/cheese teams continue to be rewarded.

    I remember a guy posting about the same thing a little while ago and he posted his after game stats.

    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epicxowned/video/60555023

    Then he went back and looked to watch plays where it should've been sure goals.

    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epicxowned/video/60555036
  • majjama_26 wrote: »

    great teamplay is ignored while the glitch/cheese teams continue to be rewarded.

    Here's the thing man;

    Everyone thinks they're great at this game.

    And whenever people lose, there's always blame laid at the feet of the game.

    "Game didn't reward us"

    "too much RNG"

    "ice tilt"

    etc..


    How about - "We lost and didn't make the most of our chances."


    Or even - "The last few games we just haven't been burrying those good chances"

    Both very realistic things that can be heard throughout NHL locker rooms all season long.

    Yet - when it happens to you during EASHL games, HUT games.. whatever... it's always the same song and dance: "We out shot them - the stats show that - but we didn't score. Must be the game not rewarding us. All of our chances were sure goals. We got screwed by the game and anytime we lose it's always a 'glitch team' that scores at will"

  • majjama_26 wrote: »

    great teamplay is ignored while the glitch/cheese teams continue to be rewarded.

    Here's the thing man;

    Everyone thinks they're great at this game.

    And whenever people lose, there's always blame laid at the feet of the game.

    "Game didn't reward us"

    "too much RNG"

    "ice tilt"

    etc..


    How about - "We lost and didn't make the most of our chances."


    Or even - "The last few games we just haven't been burrying those good chances"

    Both very realistic things that can be heard throughout NHL locker rooms all season long.

    Yet - when it happens to you during EASHL games, HUT games.. whatever... it's always the same song and dance: "We out shot them - the stats show that - but we didn't score. Must be the game not rewarding us. All of our chances were sure goals. We got screwed by the game and anytime we lose it's always a 'glitch team' that scores at will"

    Did you even look at the other examples I posted?

    If you don't think a team that has a ToT of 12:52 vs the other teams ToT of 3:08, a shot difference of 30-10, and video evidence of of the goalie pad stack animation stealing goals because of an invincible wall doesn't deserve to win when he lost that game because the game screwed him..

    ..then I have nothing more to discuss with you.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1585 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    majjama_26 wrote: »

    Did you even look at the other examples I posted?

    You mean the 1 clip of a puck being bounced off of the goal line? I agree, that sucks - but there's clearly an interaction happening that just isn't being displayed properly.

    In any case -this hardly happens every single time you outshoot an opponent and don't win.

    Provide me videos of numerous times where this happens within 1-5 games. Then you have something to stand on.

    majjama_26 wrote: »
    If you don't think a team that has a ToT of 12:52 vs the other teams ToT of 3:08, a shot difference of 30-10, and video evidence of of the goalie pad stack animation stealing goals because of an invincible wall doesn't deserve to win when he lost that game because the game screwed him..

    ..then I have nothing more to discuss with you.


    And you can't just say 'I have nothing more to discuss with you' just because I've shown your argument is nothing more than rage at losing few games in a row.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!