EA Forums - Banner

Three Teammate AI issues that need a fix

jake19ny
688 posts Member
edited September 2018
My biggest gripe with this game, online and offline, is the CPU AI. Mainly your teammate AI. There are 3 things in particular that are terrible and will always create an offensive opportunity for your opponent.

1) When in your end and the puck goes into the corner your AI defenseman covering the man camped in front of the net will skate away to join you in the corner. If you lose the puck battle your opponent passes to the open man camped in front of the net for what is usually an easy goal. This doesn’t happen all the time but will happen multiple times in a game.

2) When your opponent enters your zone on a 2 on 2 and you are back skating with your defenseman yourAI teammate will collapse to your side along with you leaving a man open for a pass and shot.

3) This one drives me nuts. If you are battling for the puck behind your opponents net and lose, as soon as your opponent skates out from behind his net your AI teammate on that wing will skate towards him on an angle toward the net leaving his proper positioning allowing your opponent a clean pass to his winger breaking out of the zone. This leads to 3 on 2 or 2 on 2....see complaint number 2 for what happens next.

Overall the CPU Teammate AI is wandering or skating into you but those 3 things are the worst. Been this way for 3 releases at least.

Replies

• The defensive AI needs a huge fix. Several times my teammate AI is harassing the player with the puck in my zone. Then, he just quits..skates off and leaves the player with an open shot. Or when the puck comes right at them, and they skate away from it. These have been issues the past several years, but never addressed by EA. Frustrating.
  • Steven5470 wrote: »
    The defensive AI needs a huge fix. Several times my teammate AI is harassing the player with the puck in my zone. Then, he just quits..skates off and leaves the player with an open shot. Or when the puck comes right at them, and they skate away from it. These have been issues the past several years, but never addressed by EA. Frustrating.

I've tried bringing this up before and was told to help the ai out by moving to a better position. As for them skating away from the puck, ya that's infuriating but "you should make better passes". 'You should know our script is beyond perfect and it's ALL. YOUR. FAULT. GG' - love EA
  • Steven5470 wrote: »
    The defensive AI needs a huge fix. Several times my teammate AI is harassing the player with the puck in my zone. Then, he just quits..skates off and leaves the player with an open shot. Or when the puck comes right at them, and they skate away from it. These have been issues the past several years, but never addressed by EA. Frustrating.

I've tried bringing this up before and was told to help the ai out by moving to a better position. As for them skating away from the puck, ya that's infuriating but "you should make better passes". 'You should know our script is beyond perfect and it's ALL. YOUR. FAULT. GG' - love EA

Please tell me that was not EAs response was it? Neither one makes sense as a solution.....I’m willing to accept it’s a game and cannot be perfect but at least work on those 3 things I mentioned. There are more of course like how your AI defenseman loses track of where he is on the power play and just as you send him a pass he takes one step over the line for a nice idiotic offsides.... or how your PK decides to bunch up and skate together like a flock of birds....
  • Stalkrmd
    2 posts New member
    I really want to know why the AI will not go after a loose puck no matter how close it is to them. Better to try and fail than to not try at all.
  • I feel bad for you guys.
    The AI in EASHL games are beasts!!!
  • I feel bad for you guys.
    The AI in EASHL games are beasts!!!

The AI does play quite well if you have an AI bot out there in EASHL or 3s but offline and online they are wandering brain dead morons. I’ve lost too many games, and I don’t need help losing lol, because of idiotic AI. Sucks the fun right out of it.
  • Except that in eashl any time the ai grabs a puck behind their own net they will immediately plow into the back of their goalie as many times as they can.