EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Its already October...is there a patch coming or no?

Prev1
Take your time EA, game is not broken at all.

Replies

• Kuus2
    213 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I wouldn’t mind even if they took all the way until xmas sales to deliver patches as long as they fix a lot of stuff.

Core gameplay is so good this year I wish it wouldn’t be ruined by issues off gameplay.

Granted, I am not affected by any game stopping issues.
  • RSall14
    547 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Kuus2 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t mind even if they took all the way until xmas sales to deliver patches as long as they fix a lot of stuff.

Core gameplay is so good this year I wish it wouldn’t be ruined by issues off gameplay.

Granted, I am not affected by any game stopping issues.

It wouldn't be acceptable to patch the game that late. If the patch isn't this week, I'm going to assume it's guaranteed for next week. The dev said early October, if I remember correctly.
  • Anyone remember if at least the roster update comes first day of season or will that be a next Tuesday deal? Would like to finallynstsrt franchise.
  • IMO17 wrote: »
    Anyone remember if at least the roster update comes first day of season or will that be a next Tuesday deal? Would like to finallynstsrt franchise.

I would rather wait until everyone plays 10 games. The October roster is always woefully inaccurate. Better yet if they had roster share everyone would have too notch rosters already.
  • I hope they have a fix for drop-in 6s in the first update. I also hope they have a balance update so that certain things aren't so overpowered, like weak shots resulting in huge rebounds to the front of the net and stick lifts from behind. Among other things. But those are the most crucial.

Drop-ins NEED to be fixed ASAP!! I don't think it can wait another couple of months in its current state. Balance issues need to be fixed to promote better positional playing instead of chasing the puck from behind while rapidly tapping A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A (or X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X on playstation).
  • If it's not out this week then it will be a huge disappointment.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I hope they have a fix for drop-in 6s in the first update. I also hope they have a balance update so that certain things aren't so overpowered, like weak shots resulting in huge rebounds to the front of the net and stick lifts from behind. Among other things. But those are the most crucial.

Drop-ins NEED to be fixed ASAP!! I don't think it can wait another couple of months in its current state. Balance issues need to be fixed to promote better positional playing instead of chasing the puck from behind while rapidly tapping A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A (or X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X on playstation).

Well what did people expect when they took away poke checks, they made it so now you have to stick lift, cant really take away stick lifts at the moment, i mean if it wasn't so easy for alot of people to deke around hits, and protect puck against a whole team, players should have more of a weight when trying to deke around hits should be a lot harder to do IMO
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I hope they have a fix for drop-in 6s in the first update. I also hope they have a balance update so that certain things aren't so overpowered, like weak shots resulting in huge rebounds to the front of the net and stick lifts from behind. Among other things. But those are the most crucial.

Well what did people expect when they took away poke checks, they made it so now you have to stick lift, cant really take away stick lifts at the moment, i mean if it wasn't so easy for alot of people to deke around hits, and protect puck against a whole team, players should have more of a weight when trying to deke around hits should be a lot harder to do IMO

When did they take away poke checks though?
  • @deadman9999

I hear ya. But when the dev goes out of his way to make a video talking about "Defense is not about just poke checking and running around trying to get the puck" and then the game allows you to do just THAT with what amounts to an automatic win the puck back function, either someone's lying or isn't really being honest with the community.

And I don't think Ben is either a liar or dishonest. So something has to be done to address this new issue as well or we're just going to go down the same path as with the poke checking all those years.
  • It’s embarssing I think. Epic Games can pump out an update for Fortnite every week and sometimes multiple a week or even in a day to fix a major problem.
  • RayFinkle1515
    351 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    @deadman9999

I hear ya. But when the dev goes out of his way to make a video talking about "Defense is not about just poke checking and running around trying to get the puck" and then the game allows you to do just THAT with what amounts to an automatic win the puck back function, either someone's lying or isn't really being honest with the community.

And I don't think Ben is either a liar or dishonest. So something has to be done to address this new issue as well or we're just going to go down the same path as with the poke checking all those years.

My personal theory is that everyone was so wrapped up in "Poke Check Broke, EA PLZ FIX!" that they were overlooking how rampant and forgiving spamming stick lift was. It was noticeable as the beta progressed and carried over into the release. I have faith it'll get tuned now that pokes are in a good place and the community has adapted to it.
  • they might want to fix their damn network code, even if its peer-2-peer according to THEM, the code they got for it is exactly the same as previous years i still have sluggish gameplay issues 8 out of 10 games etc..
  • VeNOM2099
    2985 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Exactly. I think it's something that will be tuned and made a lot more balanced than it currently is. The good players out there are adapting to the realities of the poke check. But those that aren't are migrating over to the stick lift because it's what's the most easy function to get the puck back, which is what the terrible players want: get the puck at all costs.

I got a message from a dude last night who was sore that I beat him by playing sound defensively. He complained that I was lucky and that I barely touched the puck all game. When I looked at the stats they were pretty even, except he had a slight edge in shots and time on attack. But that's because I didn't give him anything to shoot at except shots from the outside and because I never chased him around to get the puck back when I lost it. He was also fond of trying for the rebound glitch constantly.

In that respect, I will admit that I was lucky I didn't concede any rebound goals. I didn't fare so well the next 2 matches though... :(
  • Kuus2
    213 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    djevulsk wrote: »
    they might want to fix their damn network code, even if its peer-2-peer according to THEM, the code they got for it is exactly the same as previous years i still have sluggish gameplay issues 8 out of 10 games etc..

I am going to hijack this and plug my other thread here on this issue.

Look at the network graph next time. Does it really look like the connection between you and the opponent is bad, or maybe there is something else going on outside that which causes the sluggishness?

I am never buying the ”It’s P2P” excuse again.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    It’s embarssing I think. Epic Games can pump out an update for Fortnite every week and sometimes multiple a week or even in a day to fix a major problem.

You do realize there was over 80 million downloads of Fortnite in August alone right? I'm guessing they bring in a little bit more revenue and have many more developers than NHL. Now I'm not using that as an excuse, but using Fortnite is not really comparable.
  • djevulsk
    76 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Kuus2 wrote: »
    djevulsk wrote: »
    they might want to fix their damn network code, even if its peer-2-peer according to THEM, the code they got for it is exactly the same as previous years i still have sluggish gameplay issues 8 out of 10 games etc..

I am going to hijack this and plug my other thread here on this issue.

Look at the network graph next time. Does it really look like the connection between you and the opponent is bad, or maybe there is something else going on outside that which causes the sluggishness?

I am never buying the ”It’s P2P” excuse again.

had a perfect graph, 7ms respone, yet unresponsive, input not registered for shooting and player just receives pass and then nothing, so im calling it a lie from their part, they are trying to excuse them self with.. oh its p2p its not on us... oh you have a graph, its great

[edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    It’s embarssing I think. Epic Games can pump out an update for Fortnite every week and sometimes multiple a week or even in a day to fix a major problem.

You do realize there was over 80 million downloads of Fortnite in August alone right? I'm guessing they bring in a little bit more revenue and have many more developers than NHL. Now I'm not using that as an excuse, but using Fortnite is not really comparable.

I bet a very large percent of people that downloaded the game just got the free version. Which goes to show you the power of giving something for free as a base, and then asking for a fee if the user wants to upgrade. Also, I don't think the Fortnite crew is much bigger than NHL which was said to have around 250 employees JUST working on NHL year round. Take Gears of War who had a dev team of around 80 people. They did work on the game for something like 3 years though, so it makes sense that the NHL team size is about 3 times as large to churn out a new game every year in one third the time.
  • HockeyCityUSA
    500 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »

I bet a very large percent of people that downloaded the game just got the free version. Which goes to show you the power of giving something for free as a base, and then asking for a fee if the user wants to upgrade. Also, I don't think the Fortnite crew is much bigger than NHL which was said to have around 250 employees JUST working on NHL year round. Take Gears of War who had a dev team of around 80 people. They did work on the game for something like 3 years though, so it makes sense that the NHL team size is about 3 times as large to churn out a new game every year in one third the time.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/03/22/fortnite-developer-says-majority-of-team-working-on-fortnite/

According to this website, the “majority” of the 700-person team at Epic is working on Fortnite. This article was posted in March. More people are said to be playing now. So I'm assuming not much has changed.

Edit: I just read over 40 million log into Fortnite daily. NHL 19 shows around 20,000 players on during peak hours on PS4, just to put that into perspective. I don't know what that equivalates to daily, but it doesn't sound like it will be anything close to that.

As far as the NHL team goes, do you happen to know how many of the members of the team are the actual programmers? Again, not using this as an excuse, I'm just wondering what the rough estimate is of how many people they have working on the fix.
    Post edited by HockeyCityUSA on
  • B-Bunny
    877 posts Game Changer

Im sure fortnite got that kind of love before its battle royale mode took off right?
    NHL Gamechanger
    PSN: B-Bunny
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/b_bunny
  • barrett098
    416 posts Member
    edited October 2018

i think ea cheap since you have to pay sony a fee to release patches. so they trying to wait the longest and can fix the most with least amount of patch since they save money that way?