EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Dropins matchmaking still broken, dressing room errors still happening after patch.smh

barrett098
416 posts Member
edited October 2018
They extended the timer to 1:00 but new players still wont join the session, its stuck with whoever got in originally (which is always never full). Also got dressing room error in drop in, haven't tried clubs yet but I'm guessing dressing room problem happening there too post patch.

Two of the major things that REALLY needed fixing and this patch didn't fix either of them. EASHL (only reason I buy this game for) still virtually unplayable.

On PS4 fwiw.

Is this false advertising at this point? Since its been a month and one the main mode of the game is unplayable? I wonder how fast it would have gotten fixed if it was HUT that was getting these errors.

Replies

• barrett098 wrote: »
    Doesn't say anything about fixing the dr error codes. :s
    Dressing room error codes will have a server fix likely to go out sometime next week. We are stress testing the fix at the moment. Will update when we are good to go live with that.

Sounds like they want to make sure it's working correctly before saying they fixed it and then everyone still has the issues. Can't really blame them for that with the backlash that occurred.
  • I just joined a Drop in lobby that started at 1min. The other team has 5 Skaters. My team had 3 Skaters and 1 goalie. We waited for about 20 secs and a skater joined our side. People can join after the lobby is created. I agree with you about the DRE though.
  • I just joined a Drop in lobby that started at 1min. The other team has 5 Skaters. My team had 3 Skaters and 1 goalie. We waited for about 20 secs and a skater joined our side. People can join after the lobby is created. I agree with you about the DRE though.

are you on ps4 or xbone? i tried like 5-6 lobbies and it stayed the same no one joined.
    I just joined a Drop in lobby that started at 1min. The other team has 5 Skaters. My team had 3 Skaters and 1 goalie. We waited for about 20 secs and a skater joined our side. People can join after the lobby is created. I agree with you about the DRE though.

are you on ps4 or xbone? i tried like 5-6 lobbies and it stayed the same no one joined.

I am on PS4
  • They will announce the server fix (which is separate from the game patch) soon, just be a little more patient.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    They will announce the server fix (which is separate from the game patch) soon, just be a little more patient.

how do u know?
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    They will announce the server fix (which is separate from the game patch) soon, just be a little more patient.

how do u know?
    barrett098 wrote: »
    Dressing room error codes will have a server fix likely to go out sometime next week. We are stress testing the fix at the moment. Will update when we are good to go live with that.

how do u know?

Apparently you copying and pasting is more efficient than me doing so... :neutral:

how do u know?

are they going to fix drop in dressing room not filling up as well? they increased the timer in the patch but still doesn't fill up. just bring back the old lobby with 2 min timer.

how do u know?

are they going to fix drop in dressing room not filling up as well? they increased the timer in the patch but still doesn't fill up. just bring back the old lobby with 2 min timer.

I'm reading it as it will be the new lobby system, but should be working correctly sometime next week. I wouldn't be surprised if they change the timer back to 30 seconds if it's working correctly.

how do u know?

Yes we will be fixing that as well. For now we have to keep the 1 AI slot reserved so we don't encounter other matchmaking issue explained in the OG thread I posted. A server side fix is being tested for this right now so hopefully we can get that out as soon as possible for you. In the meantime as mentioned, people can now join lobbies once they have been created, however it won't be more than a 5v5 or 3v3 game until the server fix is deployed out to the server.
  • Anyone else getting weird lighting and shading issues since the patch? For me, there are certain areas on the ice that are extremely dark. Makes certain patches of ice look navy blue while the rest of the surface is white as usual. The dark patch will change location after every whistle and if measured in real life would be about 20ish square feet.
  • Anyone else getting weird lighting and shading issues since the patch? For me, there are certain areas on the ice that are extremely dark. Makes certain patches of ice look navy blue while the rest of the surface is white as usual. The dark patch will change location after every whistle and if measured in real life would be about 20ish square feet.

its the new weather effects for outdoor

its the new weather effects for outdoor

I don't recall reading about that new feature.

Learn something new everyday.