EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Roster Sharing

Dear EA Sports,

Why do you include roster sharing in every other sports game you make, but never for NHL. You have the technology to do it. The people want it. What are you afraid of?

Typically, your roster updates are slow and not that accurate all the time. Allow players to take this into their own hands.

Replies

• Thank You Kabbott50.... Why cant we share rosters???? We are the TRUE fans of the game and their are so many greta roster makers out there just check out MLB The Show....That's done right....
  • Froommey
    617 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Since years it is a main wish, but usualy they do not listen about that. Roster Import, Roster sharing, Face scan app and pic upload app to add or change pics in player profiles ....
  • Really no excuse to not have it. If there was a good reason I imagine they would let us know but it’s been requested for 3 years now minimum....not even acknowledged by EA
  • I created some hundred players in 18. Time for what ?
  • Mlb the show has some great rosters user have created, would love it if nhl offered this as well.
  • Yesssssss please! A revamped, more complete player creator/editor and roster sharing could put this game over the top.

I think it would be cool if they created fictional US Junior and Russian Junior/Pro leagues since they don’t have the rights to the real leagues too. Especially now that prospects generate stats.
  • Mind boggling that they don't have roster sharing. How the rosters are right now is a huge reason why I skip NHL most years. I only play Franchise and the rosters ruin that experience. They must be afraid it would prevent people from buying each year, but that is just not the case. It would actually create a level of excitement that the NHL games rarely offer.
  • Hey, EA, are you reading this?

Give the people what they want. You say you take suggestions and implement those, but this has been a constant suggestion for the last six or seven years.

It's time.
  • kabbott50 wrote: »
    Hey, EA, are you reading this?

Give the people what they want. You say you take suggestions and implement those, but this has been a constant suggestion for the last six or seven years.

It's time.

Oh they read it and they know it they just don’t care. They can’t make extra money off it. If they could charge for a roster share feature they would have one. This series is only about HUT and cheap gimmicks. They have abandoned trying to deliver a true representation of NHL hockey.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    kabbott50 wrote: »
    Hey, EA, are you reading this?

It's time.

Oh they read it and they know it they just don’t care. They can’t make extra money off it. If they could charge for a roster share feature they would have one. This series is only about HUT and cheap gimmicks. They have abandoned trying to deliver a true representation of NHL hockey.

You're right. It's a joke.

But they have a monopoly on the NHL series and no other company can make a competing game. It's unfortunate.
  • WFWR26
    45 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Whats even better, when they put out a roster update...they still have Johan Franzen playing for the Red Wings. The dude skated his last two games and the beginning of the 15-16 season...LOL They have Glendenning and Witowski both in Grand Rapids, who have both been up and playing since the beginning of the season. If they dont want to do the work, allow roster sharing so us the fans can do it for them. We are literally asking to do them a favor.
  • I don't understand why EA couldn't have roster sharing for their games that deactivates after a certain date. That way people could enjoy the aspect of the game until let's say November then get the new game. Everybody's somewhat happy at that point. OR they could just actually make the game better every year to the point that people actually buy it for additions that aren't purely rosters...
  • Why can’t someone from ea comment on this or any other question about legends in off line play? It has been asked for months on end and nothing from them, gutless people they have working there. Not planning on buying any more nhl’s in the future that’s for sure. I am a sucker who keeps spending money every year.. not anymore
  • Froommey
    617 posts Member
    edited March 7
    tuukka4033 wrote: »
    Why can’t someone from ea comment on this or any other question about legends in off line play? It has been asked for months on end and nothing from them, gutless people they have working there. Not planning on buying any more nhl’s in the future that’s for sure. I am a sucker who keeps spending money every year.. not anymore

They never comment on such things. It’s typical EA. Customer care zero ! I understand your point of view cause want that feature too, so kept also my decision for 20. If the frustration is higher than the fun .....
  • philhunt26
    1 posts New member
    Only a dumb consumer would buy this game. All they concentrate on is HUT, and haven't had roster sharing ever. I won't buy this game again until they add roster sharing capabilities. If you just keep giving them your money blindly every year without them making any real changes, what incentive do they have to add the features you want them to add? They'll get your money anyway.
  • I doubt they'll ever offer or allow roster sharing because then there would be very little reason to purchase the next installment since there's very little real improvements being implemented. I'd be fine with it if they would even offer current and updated rosters as paid content but until such time I'll wait until 20 is free on gold, as I did for 19.