EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

I give up

Every year I play, I play,and I play the nhl series, a piece of my soul is tainted. Honestly, the last fun game for me was nhl 16 before the tuners sets. I regret to inform you(EA) have failed many long term fans. The game used to be based on creativity with passes and being able to adapt to different play styles, but you have been wrongly led to believe that the game would feel more enjoyable as a realistic nhl playoff simulation. I currently have tested the games limits, talked to different players and have come up with a conclusion, the game is going to continue to cater to people who want to throw turds on net, trap, sticklift through bodies, and check when beat on a play. Thank you for producing quality games on xbox360/ps3, it allowed me to enjoy hockey on a whole other level and as a sport. After this year of NHL 19 is done, I plan to discontinue playing this game. I would not even play it for free even if given the chance because I know that a patch/ tuner will ruin the game.

Replies

• Every year I play, I play,and I play the nhl series, a piece of my soul is tainted.

Kindred spirits, you and I; sorry you're not having a good time

• RSall14
    485 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Have to agree with the OP, 16 is still the best next gen title from an EASHL standpoint. Don't feel any of the explosiveness from the beta in the skating anymore. Input delay is noticeable yet again, wasn't this bad in the beta. Beta felt like a different game as usual. We've had the game for a month, it feels like 18 all over again.
  • Idk why input delay is so bad in this game more than others... and I'm only talking about the OTP based modes like EASHL. OVP plays fine as long as both players have a decent connection. I would guess the problem is server fidelity but then why do only some of us have input delay problems with the dedicated servers while others have an absolutely crisp connection? I dont understand it.
  • barrett098
    389 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    team can get totally dominated and still win by throwing turds on net for those scripted rebounds. those scripted rebounds are specially there for these utter trash team to have a way of scoring scripted goals.
  • VIDSICIOUS
    118 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @barrett098 You are right it is utter trash! I beat a guy 3-1 in VS his rank was 35th at the time and mine was 2500th. He absolutely dominated me in every aspect of the game. TOA was 14min to 2min, shots 38-12. Every goal I scored was an absolute dud. I fired 12 soft duds on net. One was a shot from behind the goal line in the corner that went in. I have also lost games this way. Very infuriating to lose this way.
  • Well I found 16 to be atrocious. Goes to show we all want different things when it comes to this game.
  • EASHL

Maybe try listening to the people who play the game for once on changes or keep separate tuners for game modes? The quick LT movement was the funnest addition yet in next gen.

It happens every year they make a solid beta/early edition game and just ruin it with patches and tuners.

This game needs to be FASTER not slower and its like the changes that are made are never tested in actual loaded server conditions which in my opinion has been the downfall of this game, servers are the worst Ive played on in any game in the history on online gaming and it effects the way the game plays too much. Its almost as if you make/test these changes on LAN/Locally and have no idea how they will effect game play online. It doesn't help when you nerf and dumb down things that make the game faster because on server load it just makes things worse. You should be making things faster/quicker to counteract your terrible servers. In the beta I honestly could not tell if I was on a west coast or east coast connection because the skating was so smooth and crisp and properly tuned, NEWS FLASH THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS SHOULD BE!!! It seems now though we have reverted back to how the game plays in 17/18 which are easily the most hated NHL releases of all time.

• EASHL

Maybe try listening to the people who play the game for once on changes or keep separate tuners for game modes? The quick LT movement was the funnest addition yet in next gen.

It happens every year they make a solid beta/early edition game and just ruin it with patches and tuners.

This game needs to be FASTER not slower and its like the changes that are made are never tested in actual loaded server conditions which in my opinion has been the downfall of this game, servers are the worst Ive played on in any game in the history on online gaming and it effects the way the game plays too much. Its almost as if you make/test these changes on LAN/Locally and have no idea how they will effect game play online. It doesn't help when you nerf and dumb down things that make the game faster because on server load it just makes things worse. You should be making things faster/quicker to counteract your terrible servers. In the beta I honestly could not tell if I was on a west coast or east coast connection because the skating was so smooth and crisp and properly tuned, NEWS FLASH THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS SHOULD BE!!! It seems now though we have reverted back to how the game plays in 17/18 which are easily the most hated NHL releases of all time.

Bingo, the reason why people are feeling the input lag is because the skating was slowed down