EA Forums - Banner

Problems with WOC hockey bags

Replies

• All unlockables should automatically unlock when your p3 level 50. Just like 15 so now I don't get rest of my unlockables.
  • Anyway I could talk to a developer?
  • There's a comment that EA made on another game that I bet they would use as to why the system works as it does. Introducing the edited version for the most downvoted comment in Reddit history.

"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes gear that comes with players enjoying opening each bag one at a time."
  • I want to know how I’m supposed to earn bags after reaching max rank. I still have a ton of stuff I don’t have unlocked and no way to get it now

Just say something like you cant buy the most expensive HUT pack, Im sure they will care about talking to you then
  • I want to know how I’m supposed to earn bags after reaching max rank. I still have a ton of stuff I don’t have unlocked and no way to get it now

Ones.
    One a day = a bag a day
    Know that’s what I’ll be doing until that Titan is mine.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..

Just say something like you cant buy the most expensive HUT pack, Im sure they will care about talking to you then

You unlocked all the bags you could in that mode.

For the other bags, you have to play Ones and Pro Am. Some bags are specific to a mode, such as Ones and Pro Am.
  • If you are max level you can earn more bags by playing Ones or Pro-Am. In Ones you receive a bag for reaching Tier 1, also you get a bag a the end of the day depending on where you finished you may receive a better quality bag, so you can earn a total of 2 bags per day in Ones. Pro-Am you receive a bag every 5 challenges and at the end of the tournament games. You also receive a bag if you complete all of the pro-am challenges

• If you are max level you can earn more bags by playing Ones or Pro-Am. In Ones you receive a bag for reaching Tier 1, also you get a bag a the end of the day depending on where you finished you may receive a better quality bag, so you can earn a total of 2 bags per day in Ones. Pro-Am you receive a bag every 5 challenges and at the end of the tournament games. You also receive a bag if you complete all of the pro-am challenges

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I always thought it was weak to tie content to achievment, particularly in game modes I don't enjoy. I only play eashl, so why is it I can't access gear in eashl unless I play 1s? I bought a hockey game, THE hockey game, is it too much to ask that after maxing out on the game mode I play that I have my favorite team's gear to use in that game mode?

I dunno, I understand most if not all games work this way, but I never cared for it.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Question - since I could not find this topic anywhere else - if you reach level 3/50 you do not get any more bags because you don't level up anymore, so the question is - how do you get more bags, because I have a ton of stuff still not opened.

Have to get the daily bags though 1v1v1 only way to get the stuff now

They don't think things through as per usual.

Not really.

There are some hockey bags that are exclusive to the Ones mode and even some that are exclusive to winning the championship in Ones. There are some people that will never be good enough to unlock every single bag.

Not sure if there are bags exclusive to other modes, such as Pro Am and whatnot.

Do you know if that Titan is from upper level Ones stuff? I really just phone in my ones match per day. Often just messing with mechanics one way or the other. Kinda figured I’d get it and the Sherwood eventually ...but I keep getting rando stuff, which makes me wonder..
  • Socair
    2491 posts Game Changer
    RSall14 wrote: »
    Question - since I could not find this topic anywhere else - if you reach level 3/50 you do not get any more bags because you don't level up anymore, so the question is - how do you get more bags, because I have a ton of stuff still not opened.

Not really.

There are some hockey bags that are exclusive to the Ones mode and even some that are exclusive to winning the championship in Ones. There are some people that will never be good enough to unlock every single bag.

Not sure if there are bags exclusive to other modes, such as Pro Am and whatnot.

Do you know if that Titan is from upper level Ones stuff? I really just phone in my ones match per day. Often just messing with mechanics one way or the other. Kinda figured I’d get it and the Sherwood eventually ...but I keep getting rando stuff, which makes me wonder..
    No, I don’t play ones beyond a single game and I got the Titan stick regardless. Don’t know if it was a Ones bag or not, but I think it’s totally random.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • There should have been more thought put into the bags. I'm closing on on P3-50 and I've only unlocked about a third of the skater helmets for example.

At the very least you should be able to accrue experience points past P3-50 and get a new bag every "x" experience points.

But for me the real problem is that the content of each bag is roughly evenly split between goalie and skater items. For most people only half of the items in a bag have any potential value at all.

Maybe next year they could have skater and goalie progression split. Then have skater bags and goalie bags that are unlocked by playing each position.
  • Socair wrote: »

Not really.

No, I don’t play ones beyond a single game and I got the Titan stick regardless. Don’t know if it was a Ones bag or not, but I think it’s totally random.
    Socair wrote: »

Not really.

Sweet. Thanks.
  • There should have been more thought put into the bags. I'm closing on on P3-50 and I've only unlocked about a third of the skater helmets for example.

At the very least you should be able to accrue experience points past P3-50 and get a new bag every "x" experience points.

But for me the real problem is that the content of each bag is roughly evenly split between goalie and skater items. For most people only half of the items in a bag have any potential value at all.

Maybe next year they could have skater and goalie progression split. Then have skater bags and goalie bags that are unlocked by playing each position.

Actually we already do this, bags have 7 items in there, 5 of which are skater and 2 are goalie. If you happened to have earned all of the skater or goalie items, then you will fallback to the other
  • RSall14 wrote: »

Not really.

Sorry, I don't know, but I think it is purely random I don't think certain items are locked to certain modes. This isn't a fact, but just a supposition based on what I and others have unlocked. Far as I remember, I have not unlocked the Titan stick either, but at this point I am like P2 20 ish. I do not play as much as previous years. Previous years I would easily be P3 50 by now.
  • Certain items are not locked to certain WoC modes no, so if you are max level you can still earn the thing you are chasing by playing Pro-Am or Ones
  • Gannmick wrote: »
    So sometimes my hockey bags don’t give me the items inside.

For example the bag I just opened gave me the Arizona coyotes jersey but it’s not unlocked in my customization screen.

I’ve also been getting duplicates of stuff I already own. For example I just received the Hush stick but have been using this stick for 3 days now...

Can I get some feedback from a dev?

@NHLDev

You own the Away Arizona Jersey, so you have to look under the "away" section under "tops"

also are you certain you received the Hush stick before and you just earned it now. It is impossible to earn the same thing twice as we have logic to always award something new. Also if you did earn something you already had we would grant you a completion token and not the same item twice.

I have 6 different accounts above 1,000 CR. Ranging from Level 40 - P3 L50. I have yet to unlock the jersey tuck. None of my teammates have unlocked a jersey tuck since September.

A week after the Adidas Jersey Templates were released, they were suddenly locked when the wrong version of the game was uploaded. With the amount of games I've played, hockey bags Ive opened (even completed pro am), it seems highly improbable that I haven't pulled a jersey tuck yet and havent heard of anyone pulling it since September.

I honestly believe it isnt in the game and cant be unlocked via hockey bags. Could you look in to this?
  • Can we go back the level unlocking system? Nothing was wrong with it and still missing many alternates uniforms and other things for my club. Instead I get every stock uniform from all the leagues that we will never wear.
  • Kuus2
    213 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Sorry, reviving an older thread.

@NHL_ONL_Producer mentioned it is impossible to get the same item twice. I am convinced I just got the ”clay pigeon” celebration for the second time.

This second instance was from ONES daily bag, do not remember the first but probably ones related bag also.

Edit: Nevermind, most likely I misremembered the ”clay pigeon 2” name.
    Post edited by Kuus2 on
  • I am having the same issue with not being able to see hockey bags or any of the pictures in the circles when you go to customize your skater.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!