EA Forums - Banner

Chel blocked shots stat?

Snapcaster1
240 posts Member
edited October 2018
Hi there EA, this is not a huge issue as like the priority of fixing the online playability of this game. But I’d like to point out and ask the community if they are expereiencing the same problem as me in the blocked shots stat department. I am a defenceman at heart and soul and play the majority of my games on defence! The blocked shots stat means a lot to me. Since Day 1 my player progression in chel has not recorded even 1 blocked shot. This is absolutely impossible as I have played over 75 games on d and have blocked many per game. Which means there is many challenges with that stat as well in the progression that helps with rewards? Not sure if it’s just a problem with my install or are other players noticing it! I’d like to fix it because this is a huge stat category for a defenceman in my personal opinion. Any feedback from other players would be helpful aswell thanks for reading

[Socair - edited all caps formatting from title]

Replies

• deadman9999
    877 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    In this game only time blocked shots are recorded is when you are actually in the block shot animation L1 ps4 left bumper xbox, it the puck just hits you and your not in the animation it will not count
  • It’s been this way for years. You have to use the shot blocking buttons. L1+L2 on PS4. Which is a chore to do mid game. I made a post about being grateful for counting shutouts for goalies when the team quits. I bring that up because the reasoning behind why I cared about it was the same.

There are XP unlocks tied to shot blocking.
  • In this game only time blocked shots are recorded is when you are actually in the block shot animation L1 ps4 left bumper xbox, it the puck just hits you and your not in the animation it will not count

Thank you for the insight
  • It’s been this way for years. You have to use the shot blocking buttons. L1+L2 on PS4. Which is a chore to do mid game. I made a post about being grateful for counting shutouts for goalies when the team quits. I bring that up because the reasoning behind why I cared about it was the same.

No doubt like that positioning on every shot block is rediculious lol no real player does that lol every block should count if you manually get in front of the shooter in my opinion anyway thanks for taking the time to answer me!
  • In this game only time blocked shots are recorded is when you are actually in the block shot animation L1 ps4 left bumper xbox, it the puck just hits you and your not in the animation it will not count

I don't think this always counts either though. I was given credit for 6 blocked shots in a game once. When I went back to the club stats, it was never totaled in. But this stat has been bugged for years.
  • Also like to add if you get hit in the skate or leg with a big shot you limp for a sec so if the play results in an oooweeee and 2 sec delay with pain it should credit you the block when it’s hurting your player to do it

I don't think this always counts either though. I was given credit for 6 blocked shots in a game once. When I went back to the club stats, it was never totaled in. But this stat has been bugged for years.

That’s another issue with Blocked Shots as well. The actual game stats will count shots that bang you in the leg and stuff. It’ll even come up on a stat line just before a faceoffs. “[Player Name] 16:20 TOI, 2 assists, 3 Blocked Shots”

But it won’t reflect on your EASHL stats.
  • I play eashl since nhl 10 and it’s always been there . Imo a good dman dont use the block shot to offen cause it make you vulnerable if its a fake shot. Block shot button is a desperate move and most of the time the animation put you in a bad angle or wrong stance, cause there ´s 2 .
  • I remember last year I had a total of less than 10 blocked shots throughout the whole year (1000+ games), yet when I went to my badges, they would all be unlocked...Like people are stating, it has been an issue since EASHL was introduced...
  • Snapcaster1
    240 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I play eashl since nhl 10 and it’s always been there . Imo a good dman dont use the block shot to offen cause it make you vulnerable if its a fake shot. Block shot button is a desperate move and most of the time the animation put you in a bad angle or wrong stance, cause there ´s 2 .

Exactally I never use it but manually, intentionally, block Tonnes of shots by getting in the lanes etc. With no credit or badge. I know it’s not priority but hopefully will be looked at in future.

Pushing L2 isn't required, that only if you wanna do the full sliding on stomach... All u need to do is Neal on you knee

Pushing L2 isn't required, that only if you wanna do the full sliding on stomach... All u need to do is Neal on you knee

Sorry, was a typo on my part. L1+R1* was traditionally shot block in the past. And would trigger different animations depending on the situation, it didn't ALWAYS dive on the ice. Just L1 was always listed as Pass Block, which never made sense to me since everyone used L1 more frequently to block shots.

The 19 manual HERE doesn't even list "Shot Block" as a control anymore
  • Another thing I just noticed playing in the pro-am mode vs cpu the rink announcer actually complements you repeatedly for making blocks manually without using L1 just for getting in lanes as long as your facing shooter. Try it. Sad that the announcer says your making a block but yet the badge challenge score still says 0 lol
  • It's been this way for years and I've given up on them ever fixing it.