EA Forums - Banner

Done with this crap HUT

Prev1
Bladesofsteell
3 posts Member
edited October 2018
I have never ever been so fhrustrated over a game as i am with Hut, I don't get how i can dominate one night then lose 9 of ten games the next and all being high scores like 9-2 and crap like this.
I am raging here i know but something is totally off with this game mode. I just put every single card on the auction house and i will waste my coins in packs just to get rid of the temptation to play this crap again.

Replies

• I have never ever been so fhrustrated over a game as i am with Hut, I don't get how i can dominate one night then lose 9 of ten games the next and all being high scores like 9-2 and crap like this.
    I am raging here i know but something is totally off with this game mode. I just put every single card on the auction house and i will waste my coins in packs just to get rid of the temptation to play this crap again.

I have found in this mode the better your team th worse they play. I also find that using the same goalie over and over they start to let in a ton of garbage goals. I think it’s EAs way of stimulating pack sales. When I had the good loan cards at release and I pulled some sweet cards in pre order, Crosby, Wheeler, Kucherov, Burns, Rinne, and Ghost, my record was 4-10. I sold everyone and I’m using my preorder reward cards and the rest of my team is 80-81 cards and I’m 12-3 since. The game without a doubt gives boosts to weaker teams. I’m going to keep rolling with my current team. I’m sitting on over 600,000 coins since I sold high. I’m waiting until everyone has 95 and up players and I will buy 89-90 players low and take the artificial boost EA gives me. I grew tired of having a great team, dominating an opponent in every aspect, giving up only 7 shots and losing 5-3....I suggest trying this.
  • ^ true stuff imo
  • You need to learn how the synergies and the chemistry, yes chemistry is still in the game, actually works.
  • Game is super dope afterwards
  • @brightonearlytm

Are you telling me that making lines of players from same team and putting them in right positions still matters? :*:neutral:
  • FatKidd5151
    98 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Chemistry? Where is that located at like the synergies? I use PP, BU and S and I just don’t see anything about chemistry.
  • cowen604
    98 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ice Tilt 100% exists, I played some guy the other day who was ok at best, but his team was absolute garbage.. a few decent nhlers, a couple junior players. He was scoring almost every other shot... my players; ferraro, kuznetsov, nylander, tarasenko... all were getting beat on every chance to the puck, my players felt like they were playing in quicksand, passing was way slower/inaccurate, shooting was all over the place.

Next game I play a guy who was completely stacked and the game felt so fluid again, so smooth. i still got my **** handed to me... but atleast it was fair/fun

It's nice knowing the guys who drop 100s, if not thousands of dollars on HUT aren't getting such a huge advantage, but still a tick off knowing that your superior team is getting rocked by a team with an overall rating 10 less than yours.

[edited swear filter - Socair]
  • this is all true!! all of you are correct. this game favors the underdog and will punish the better overall team to make it competitive, so that the player that can’t spend much money to make his team , is encouraged and then will want to spend their money. There is no doubt this underdog favoritism is active.
    pokechecks for me all penalties
    pokechecks with Devonte smith Pelley = puck steal
  • I think there is a decent balance between poke checking now, before it was a little extreme/unrealistic.
    The Lift Sticking has gotten out of hand, IMO. Some guys constantly mashing the lift stick button throughout the game.. i'd be lucky to get one PP out of it, but usually not.
  • Thanks I thought my record sucked because after playing thousands of games if was me that sucked. In some games that might still apply. I now understand I'm going to have two good lines and two not so good lines and changed my goalie more frequently. Thanks again
  • I know EA Canada is all about the money. I mean that's why they don't show a trade pending. But why can't I change my goalie after the game starts I mean really. Sometimes the timeout option isn't there. Come on you've been making this franchise since what 90, 91,92, on Sega when will you get it right. Lastly the hard work making it look good is so noted however last year you did advertising in the game with updates try that with the announcers.
    Some comments are out stupid. Wake up.jyst a heads up for future when you make a Hugh change from previous years showing us how to poke check then it's a penalty. How about integrating it slowly one game there were 39 2 minute penalties. I had 26 of them. It's time you guys/ girls wake up
  • At some point it never hit you to try a different tactic? 26 of them, I’m not saying I’m great, but I’ve had no problem adapting to it. Just saying lol
  • I know EA Canada is all about the money. I mean that's why they don't show a trade pending. But why can't I change my goalie after the game starts I mean really. Sometimes the timeout option isn't there. Come on you've been making this franchise since what 90, 91,92, on Sega when will you get it right. Lastly the hard work making it look good is so noted however last year you did advertising in the game with updates try that with the announcers.
    Some comments are out stupid. Wake up.jyst a heads up for future when you make a Hugh change from previous years showing us how to poke check then it's a penalty. How about integrating it slowly one game there were 39 2 minute penalties. I had 26 of them. It's time you guys/ girls wake up

Stop skating around poking and lifting when you shouldn’t be. 26 penalties in a game is crazy but your own fault for repeatedly doing it.
  • I've had the same problem. A couple days a week my game will work, the other days my players can't get the puck, I can't check anyone. I have Hedman and he can't even check a silver player. They bounce off of him and skate in and score , no deke no move , just a simple wrist shot right in the net. They can't skate either. Also you can do the training camps, it tells you ways to win a faceoff, then you get in a game what they showed in training camp is totally opposite. Can't take onetimers from across the slot , the goalie gets over there and stops everything, the other team comes down the ice boom onetimer across the slot my goalie is nowhere to be found. Frustrating to play.
  • It's lag. EA don't have a clue how to fix. Essentially the game is 5% skill, 95% host connection.
  • I actually stopped playing. Haven't touched the game in about two weeks.
  • I actually stopped playing. Haven't touched the game in about two weeks.

The Sad thing is EA, doesn't give two Craps that you stopped playing... they got your money.

"Nah nah nah nah boo boo" - EA

• It’s the synergies and ice tilt. I can play people And within the first 10 mins of the first his team will be ripping around, out passing me, bodychecking me all over, but if I can withstand the initial onslaught I have a chance at winning. By the end of the game my opponent is always skating in quick sand. It’s the synergy system and how nobody really knows how it works lol
  • I have a crappy record and I’ll be honest I have no clue how people go 120 20 and 0 at all. I’ve got on big win streaks and big loss streaks. But I’ve actually started recently beating these guys with the big 70 8 and 0 records
  • Durk77
    10 posts Member
    If there is an ice tilt it’s 100% in comp seasons . Regular online season I’m good but when I play comp season I always find a way to lose lol . My 99 overall goalie starts letting in weak shots from the point . Super frustrating, especially when I’m going cross crease , one timers , deflection rebounds . Wraparounds . One handers you name it . Outshooting opposition. And losing . I almost threw my PS4 out the window .