EA Forums - Banner

Human goalies overpowered?

inthecrease31
117 posts Member
edited October 2018
Is it just me or are human goalies way overpowered this year? It pretty much takes a cross crease, breakaway or glitch shot with sniper to beat them. Probably intentional as an incentive to pick goalie??

Replies

• Not at all, in any way, whatsoever.
  • Is it just me or are human goalies way overpowered this year? It pretty much takes a cross crease, breakaway or glitch shot with sniper to beat them. Probably intentional as an incentive to pick goalie??

Please don’t complain about human goalies. Please. We have been shafted for years. The improved skating has improved our responsiveness, fluidity, and movement In general. And it’s pretty clear reflexes received a buff across the board. Yes, human goalies are making come crazy saves and getting bailed out by them a few times a game. But for the love of god finally, it makes up for all the garbage goals that still go in. The pucks we go to cover, completely miss, and a skater hammers it home. The ones that bounce off our shoulder and roll in.

I feel like I can be the difference in a game for the first time in a while.
  • Human goalies are pretty bad still imo it’s the skaters that don’t know how to score on them who make it seem like they’re OP.

Goalies get locked into their save animations way too often and say a shot gets blocked and bounces to my right I won’t be able to move over because my goalie is doing a save animation from the previous shot even tho it got blocked. Those types of goals happen way to often and we have no control over it.

As ray ^ said, the goalies cover animations are still as bad as ever which result in goals constantly. The precision skating is a nice touch but unfortunately when you’re in butterfly you still fly around the ice which also results in goals because you over commit to one side rather making a small adjustment.

The post hugging animation is super clunky and also results in goals. Jumping from post to post is super delayed and when you want to quickly hug a post while being a little high in your crease your goalie has to shimmy his way down rather than him racing to it as fast as possible.

We aren’t able to move while poke checking we get stuck in that animation before we are able to move again.

Skating out of our nets to get pucks behind us is also a hassle and never feels smooth it always feels like a chore.

One thing I would like to see is having my goalie go to the bench automatically when there is a penalty called and we get to use the extra skater.

Goalies need some more work done to them and honestly when playing as one I feel like they were an afterthought and had as little work done on them then anything. So many clipping issues with their player model and so on.
  • I don't think they are. Maybe they need to be revamped because from what I see, playing goalie looks like such a hassle. I've never been one myself, but they just seem so slow and clunky.
  • Are human goalie OP, in comparison to what, CPU goalies? Lol, no.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Don't forget how goalie passing is a lottery this year! How many times have I been holding LEFT, the goalie facing LEFT, but the shot goes to the RIGHT.

Please fix this!! As a goalie that likes to play the puck this is a nightmare!!
  • Let's put it this way. Trash human goalies can be OP with a good team in front of them (sitting in the middle of the net doing absolutely nothing while their limbs fly across the net snagging pucks), but good positional goalies who play like real life are underpowered.

I think they should decrease the goalies max heights to 6'3" or something close to that. A slapshot labelled from the slot top corner shouldn't be snagged by somebody out of position.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2509 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I haven't played much since the update but my experience is human goalies are far from OP.

I hate to admit it but I won't play unless goalies are matched or the human goalie is on the other team.
  • Let's put it this way. Trash human goalies can be OP with a good team in front of them (sitting in the middle of the net doing absolutely nothing while their limbs fly across the net snagging pucks), but good positional goalies who play like real life are underpowered.

I think they should decrease the goalies max heights to 6'3" or something close to that. A slapshot labelled from the slot top corner shouldn't be snagged by somebody out of position.

Goalies that do this are by far the easiest to score on... five hole all day and when you get close enough you can snipe either side. It’s people who don’t realize this that make them seem OP because all people do in this game is force cross crease one timers or point one timers rather than picking an angle and shooting, to them it has to be some sort of one timer or no one will shoot lol I hate playing with people like that.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    415 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Playing as a goalie is beyond frustrating - you have to do so much in so little time to even think of pulling off a basic save. Yeah, it's kind of stupid how a hybrid goalie can just stand directly center and rely on auto saves to bail them out, but a decent skater can still make them look foolish when they know where to shoot.

[edited profanity filter]
  • I thought this was gonna be a troll post. Wowzers.
  • Gannmick wrote: »
    Let's put it this way. Trash human goalies can be OP with a good team in front of them (sitting in the middle of the net doing absolutely nothing while their limbs fly across the net snagging pucks), but good positional goalies who play like real life are underpowered.

Goalies that do this are by far the easiest to score on... five hole all day and when you get close enough you can snipe either side. It’s people who don’t realize this that make them seem OP because all people do in this game is force cross crease one timers or point one timers rather than picking an angle and shooting, to them it has to be some sort of one timer or no one will shoot lol I hate playing with people like that.

Hence why I said goalies with a good team in front of them. Good teams don't let you get close enough.
  • Gannmick wrote: »
    Let's put it this way. Trash human goalies can be OP with a good team in front of them (sitting in the middle of the net doing absolutely nothing while their limbs fly across the net snagging pucks), but good positional goalies who play like real life are underpowered.

Hence why I said goalies with a good team in front of them. Good teams don't let you get close enough.

Ya this is well known in the hockey world...good teammates will make a average goalie look great.
  • "Goalies get locked into their save animations way too often and say a shot gets blocked and bounces to my right I won’t be able to move over because my goalie is doing a save animation from the previous shot even tho it got blocked. Those types of goals happen way to often and we have no control over it."

I hate these with a passion. I really hope shots don't get blocked or hit bodies as often it does. It totally messes up your position if your a goalie since you get stuck in save animation for the initial shot. People who think goalies are still op are prob the ones that play on teams that just skate into zone and take dumb shots.