EA Forums - Banner

PS4 controller issue or new bug?

I noticed with my PS4 controller, at times using the left stick, my players will simply freeze and not move until I let off and then move the stick in the direction I want the player to go again. Same with both controllers that I own. Anyone else find this new issue?

Replies

• Happened to me last night. Puck was right at my players feet he was froze looking down at puck.
  • A few times my player will have the puck and he will just be in a glide and not doing anything else but I am using the left stick trying to move him. It happens maybe once a game
  • So from the response, I have to assume that EA have another issue to fix!
  • TopShelfDangle
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    rgollin60 wrote: »
    I noticed with my PS4 controller, at times using the left stick, my players will simply freeze and not move until I let off and then move the stick in the direction I want the player to go again. Same with both controllers that I own. Anyone else find this new issue?
    Swoops--73 wrote: »
    Happened to me last night. Puck was right at my players feet he was froze looking down at puck.
    kenawell wrote: »
    A few times my player will have the puck and he will just be in a glide and not doing anything else but I am using the left stick trying to move him. It happens maybe once a game

Have you guys tried using a different controller? I've played at least 300 games of NHL 19 on PS4 and haven't seen this.
  • Trying a different controller would be the best thing to try first. It could be a controller issue.

If anyone is able to able to reproduce this again, can you provide a video?

Also, is this PS4 only? Or has anyone been able to reproduce this on XB1?
  • I am on XB1. My controller is older, but I have a brand new one that has not been used yet. I will play with it soon and see if it happens.
  • kenawell wrote: »
    I am on XB1. My controller is older, but I have a brand new one that has not been used yet. I will play with it soon and see if it happens.

Ok, great. Thank you.
  • rgollin60
    78 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I purchased a new controller for my PS4 and the skater froze just like with the older controller. Unfortunately I can't make videos.
  • rgollin60 wrote: »
    I purchased a new controller for my PS4 and the skater froze just like with the older controller. Unfortunately I can't make videos.

Thanks for the update. The PS4 automatically records your gameplay. If you would like to provide us with a video of the issue, check out this page. It explains how to save and share videos.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Save-and-Share-PS4-Gameplay-Videos
  • WealthyFriends
    893 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    rgollin60 wrote: »

Did you buy a new controller simply due to this issue? That's a costly bit of troubleshooting.
  • Yes I did purchase a new 1 thinking it was the controller, however, the store took it back the next day.
  • Im not computer savvy but it just happened to me again so I had my kid save it on PS4.
  • Swoops--73 wrote: »
    Im not computer savvy but it just happened to me again so I had my kid save it on PS4.

Ok great. If you follow the instructions on this page (link below), you can either save the video on a USB and post it on this forum or you can post it on social media directly from your PS4 and provide the link of it here. Please let me know if you have any issues and I can try to assist you.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Save-and-Share-PS4-Gameplay-Videos
    Im not computer savvy but it just happened to me again so I had my kid save it on PS4.

Ok great. If you follow the instructions on this page (link below), you can either save the video on a USB and post it on this forum or you can post it on social media directly from your PS4 and provide the link of it here. Please let me know if you have any issues and I can try to assist you.

Ok I’ll log back in now.
  • We saved it on a usb. It keeps telling me the file isn’t allowed to share
  • Swoops--73
    626 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    No idea how to post it here
    Post edited by Swoops--73 on
    We saved it on a usb. It keeps telling me the file isn’t allowed to share

Hmm, strange. If you have a Google account, you could add it to your Google Drive and send us the link to it.