EA Forums - Banner

It's been a month and the lobby "dressing room error" matchmaking problem is still happening in 75%

You guys ever gonna fix this? I only play EASHL and I can't even play a full 6's game EVER.

Replies

• Socair
    2795 posts Game Changer
    edited October 2018
    They tried one fix, didn’t work. Testing another currently.
  • I don't get what is so complicated? It's been a full month since release. They had an additional month of time to fix this AFTER the BETA. Which is what a beta is supposed to be for... but nope, likely wasn't even looked at.

This isn't rocket science, it's a simple match making system. All their solutions so far have been quick and hamfisted patch jobs that are just making them look completely amateur (and silly). 5 man max lobbies in a 6 person game? That's the fix? Get outta here with that garbage.

Nearly 10% of the lifespan of the game is OVER, and it's still unplayable. This is the time where they can charge full price for the game, while it's still new and the hockey season is in it's 2nd week.

I'm so tired of these lame excuses from EA and the lickspittles defending them.

FIX THE GAME AND STOP COMING UP WITH EXCUSES. Something like this happens every year this series, and it takes EA MONTHS to fix it every time.

I can't take this amateur hour crap anymore. I want my money, and the 30-40 hours of my life (I spent sitting in lobbies for nothing) back.

/rant
  • kapitanron wrote: »
    I don't get what is so complicated? It's been a full month since release. They had an additional month of time to fix this AFTER the BETA. Which is what a beta is supposed to be for... but nope, likely wasn't even looked at.

This isn't rocket science, it's a simple match making system. All their solutions so far have been quick and hamfisted patch jobs that are just making them look completely amateur (and silly). 5 man max lobbies in a 6 person game? That's the fix? Get outta here with that garbage.

Nearly 10% of the lifespan of the game is OVER, and it's still unplayable. This is the time where they can charge full price for the game, while it's still new and the hockey season is in it's 2nd week.

FIX THE GAME AND STOP COMING UP WITH EXCUSES. Something like this happens every year this series, and it takes EA MONTHS to fix it every time.

I can't take this amateur hour crap anymore. I want my money, and the 30-40 hours of my life (I spent sitting in lobbies for nothing) back.

/rant

Glad I returned this game for a full refund after one week....I see nothing has changed..... what a pity..... nhl was my goto game
    I don't get what is so complicated? It's been a full month since release. They had an additional month of time to fix this AFTER the BETA. Which is what a beta is supposed to be for... but nope, likely wasn't even looked at.

/rant

I'm not trying to sound rude when asking this question, but if you know EASHL is not working, and you already wasted say 2-3 hours in the lobby not playing a game, why would you continue to wait for upwards of 30-40 hours when you know there is not a fix for it yet? It just seems foolish to me. I maybe try 2-3 times with my buddies every night and if we can't get in, we go our separate ways.

/rant

Glad I returned this game for a full refund after one week....I see nothing has changed..... what a pity..... nhl was my goto game

lol why buy nhl 18 a second time
  • I'm not trying to sound rude when asking this question, but if you know EASHL is not working, and you already wasted say 2-3 hours in the lobby not playing a game, why would you continue to wait for upwards of 30-40 hours when you know there is not a fix for it yet? It just seems foolish to me. I maybe try 2-3 times with my buddies every night and if we can't get in, we go our separate ways.

Because:

1. I paid $100 for this game.

2. It's literally the only game I play. I bought my PS4 with NHL 15, and only buy NHL games. No other games interest me.

3. Because once in a while, when all the stars align, when not one of the 12 players (Club, not Drop-in) get a matchmaking error, a game actually gets going. And when it does, it's actually the best gameplay in this series in years. Too bad a stupid match making bug stands in the way of a potentially solid game.

I'm not trying to sound rude when asking this question, but if you know EASHL is not working, and you already wasted say 2-3 hours in the lobby not playing a game, why would you continue to wait for upwards of 30-40 hours when you know there is not a fix for it yet? It just seems foolish to me. I maybe try 2-3 times with my buddies every night and if we can't get in, we go our separate ways.

Because:

2. It's literally the only game I play. I bought my PS4 with NHL 15, and only buy NHL games. No other games interest me.

3. Because once in a while, when all the stars align, when not one of the 12 players (Club, not Drop-in) get a matchmaking error, a game actually gets going. And when it does, it's actually the best gameplay in this series in years. Too bad a stupid match making bug stands in the way of a potentially solid game.

That's fine if you're ok waiting, but if your stating 30-40 hours, that's about 15 games (give or take) you are attempting an hour...Or 450-600 games that tried getting into, but failed due to error. I just can't believe you could make it that long. My club started doing VS tournaments when everyone was on. We had a heck of time doing it too.

Anyways, NHL is the only game I play as well. The only other game I bought was Spiderman which came out a week prior to NHL this year and I have only completed 10% of the game. I agree 100% with you, best gameplay in the series. That is why I do have faith this will be fixed for everyone. Though it has taken a bit longer than most have hoped, I think people will be much happier with the drop-in format once it's completely fixed.
  • monz
    957 posts Member
    kapitanron wrote: »

Because:

That's fine if you're ok waiting, but if your stating 30-40 hours, that's about 15 games (give or take) you are attempting an hour...Or 450-600 games that tried getting into, but failed due to error. I just can't believe you could make it that long. My club started doing VS tournaments when everyone was on. We had a heck of time doing it too.

Anyways, NHL is the only game I play as well. The only other game I bought was Spiderman which came out a week prior to NHL this year and I have only completed 10% of the game. I agree 100% with you, best gameplay in the series. That is why I do have faith this will be fixed for everyone. Though it has taken a bit longer than most have hoped, I think people will be much happier with the drop-in format once it's completely fixed.

This isnt a religion, no faith should be required. Imo game shouldnt have been released or price of game should have been halfed. Its an absolute disgrace to have this many issues. Every single mode has massive issues!
  • monz wrote: »
    kapitanron wrote: »

Because:

This isnt a religion, no faith should be required. Imo game shouldnt have been released or price of game should have been halfed. Its an absolute disgrace to have this many issues. Every single mode has massive issues!

Faith, trust, confidence...does the vocabulary really matter? Anyways, I disagree with every mode having issues. VS has played great in my opinion, and unless you are one to have matchmaking issues, I believe EASHL plays very nice as well. Threes are fun if you're just looking to screw around and Ones is ok if your looking to kill some time and can't commit to a full game.

All in all, matchmaking is indeed the biggest issue. Once it's fixed, hopefully we will see more posts about how the game could be improved rather than the current EA sucks posts we have been seeing so frequently.