EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Dynamic difficulty is ruining versus play

Replies

  • Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    If your right and the AI plays different game to game or differently based on how you or your opponent are playing then that would mean that there is a mechanism, hot and cold, or momentum swing built into the Al which is pretty much what EA denies. Even if it’s not designed to choose winners or losers but rather to capture the ups and downs that real teams experience in real hockey it would be something affecting outcomes of games out of the users control. How exactly would the game decide how many times and when the AI would not play well in online matchups? Again I’m not saying I believe that’s happrning I’m just saying based on your answer it would mean that during an online matchup, that for all intensive purpose is supposed to be fairly even outside of human player skill and build of the teams, something else plays a roll in how that game goes.

    Bottom line is games should be decided based on who plays better not by who’s AI plays better.

    How does that prove there is some kind of mechanic forcing momentum? I'm saying how you play with keeping your players in good position makes a big difference. EA has repeatedly stated there is no momentum, ice tilt, catch up logic, etc. People just refuse to believe they could be the ones at fault. Skill is the deciding factor in most games. If you win more than you lose, you're more skilled than the majority of your opponents. Yes, we all will take losses to those we deem not as skilled, but you did something to give them a chance to score. That's your fault. Not the game.

    Do you care to explain to me how I can keep all my players in position at one time when you can only control one at a time? You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say the AI plays differently in some games because that’s what happens in real hockey and then suggest that the poor AI play is the result of user error.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Kirja1982 wrote: »
    I really believe, that there is some kind of bonus for worse players. Every time I add better playe I have more trouble scoring

    That would mean every game you win it's because the computer thinks your team is worse and scripts the outcome or are you saying it only happens against you and not against your opponents?

    Why do the nay sayers deal in absolutes....nobody ever said it causes them to lose or win it simply handicaps one team. For the record I’m not saying it exists, the Dev said it’s not in the game and I believe him but we’re trying to figure what is happening.
  • headup81
    99 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Kirja1982 wrote: »
    I really believe, that there is some kind of bonus for worse players. Every time I add better playe I have more trouble scoring

    That would mean every game you win it's because the computer thinks your team is worse and scripts the outcome or are you saying it only happens against you and not against your opponents?

    Why do the nay sayers deal in absolutes....nobody ever said it causes them to lose or win it simply handicaps one team. For the record I’m not saying it exists, the Dev said it’s not in the game and I believe him but we’re trying to figure what is happening.

    Because Sinbin doesn’t know what DDA is. People don’t notice what happens in the game in real time because they’re hyper focused on the puck. You become blind to the subtle things the game does to create opportunities. A Defense man randomly moving a few feet forward for no reason can be the diffence between a 2 on 2 and a 2 on 1 that creates a scoring opportunity.

    Once again I challenge anyone on here to explain to me how a hockey video game would play if it had DDA. Since there is none in this one of course.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    headup81 wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Kirja1982 wrote: »
    I really believe, that there is some kind of bonus for worse players. Every time I add better playe I have more trouble scoring

    That would mean every game you win it's because the computer thinks your team is worse and scripts the outcome or are you saying it only happens against you and not against your opponents?

    Why do the nay sayers deal in absolutes....nobody ever said it causes them to lose or win it simply handicaps one team. For the record I’m not saying it exists, the Dev said it’s not in the game and I believe him but we’re trying to figure what is happening.

    Because Sinbin doesn’t know what DDA is. People don’t notice what happens in the game in real time because they’re hyper focused on the puck. You become blind to the subtle things the game does to create opportunities. A Defense man randomly moving a few feet forward for no reason can be the diffence between a 2 on 2 and a 2 on 1 that creates a scoring opportunity.

    Once again I challenge anyone on here to explain to me how a hockey video game would play if it had DDA. Since there is none in this one of course.

    I don’t buy that he knows what we think DDA is he just doesn’t believe in it....or at least doesn’t believe it’s in this game.I may disagree with Sinbin but I’m not going to crap on him. He makes good arguments and good points we just disagree on some things. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and views. That’s how my eyes were opened to P2P. Getting different views, thoughts, experiences, and ideas are also the best way to get to the bottom of issues. As long as it stays civil I’m all for different views.
  • StuffedRacer385
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    That’s how my eyes were opened to P2P

    I want to share my observations and thoughts on if P2P is causing this.

    When i have MUD it is present online and challenges. I´m talking about my team getting nerfed so it´s barely unplayable. Regardless of difficulty in offline challenges, MY team is very hard to control, for example sometimes when i skate in a loop to turn, the direction of movement changes "slow" but my player does not turn but come out of the loop skating sideways. As i said, they are nerfed to the ground. For me, the nerfing is exactly the same in online and in challenges.

    Since you are connected to EA even playing offline i have captured the packages that going back and forth to the EA servers during offline challenges and then analyzed them in Wireshark to try to find some strange pattern. But there is no strange pattern at all, no retransmits. Get ACK within 37ms which is expected since the server responds on ping at 37ms.

    The first game i played this morning, an offline challenge started perfectly. The players were responsive which is very noticeable if i dangle with the right stick back and forth while having the puck. I see big movements rapidly by my players when it is responsive, otherwise, there is slow and small movements. Anyway i was having fun demolishing the CPU and then the screen stuttered and from there on the game was screwed again. Every aspect of the game changes at that moment to a big pile of turd.

    Some TCP data from a crazy muddy game a few hours ago.
    My Xbox talks to an EA server located in Ireland with IP=159.153.63.14 on outgoing tcp port 10037. The EA Server IP varies every session and so do the port.
    it took 24 seconds to load the game where 132 packets were sent back and forth, no retransmission of packets. During loading of the game, i received 15187 bytes in 60 packages and i sent 11802 bytes in 72 packages.
    During all of the first period, a total of 23 packages were sent back and forth with a total of 2914 bytes.

    There is absolutely NO WAY i can see this is related to network in any way. I could have a modem from the early nineties and i should still have no trouble playing an offline challenge. My take on this is that Something in the game broke at the time of that stutter because of some BUG and caused my players to be absolutely nerfed. The nerfing is not disappearing after a reboot either and my players are now behaving like idiots in online games as well. Perhaps there are some momentum code or something that are broken.

    There is no way this is intentionally implemented by EA. It is a bug and the sad thing is that they do not do anything about it.


    [Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    That’s how my eyes were opened to P2P

    I want to share my observations and thoughts on if P2P is causing this.

    When i have MUD it is present online and challenges. I´m talking about my team getting nerfed so it´s barely unplayable. Regardless of difficulty in offline challenges, MY team is very hard to control, for example sometimes when i skate in a loop to turn, the direction of movement changes "slow" but my player does not turn but come out of the loop skating sideways. As i said, they are nerfed to the ground. For me, the nerfing is exactly the same in online and in challenges.

    Since you are connected to EA even playing offline i have captured the packages that going back and forth to the EA servers during offline challenges and then analyzed them in Wireshark to try to find some strange pattern. But there is no strange pattern at all, no retransmits. Get ACK within 37ms which is expected since the server responds on ping at 37ms.

    The first game i played this morning, an offline challenge started perfectly. The players were responsive which is very noticeable if i dangle with the right stick back and forth while having the puck. I see big movements rapidly by my players when it is responsive, otherwise, there is slow and small movements. Anyway i was having fun demolishing the CPU and then the screen stuttered and from there on the game was screwed again. Every aspect of the game changes at that moment to a big pile of turd.

    Some TCP data from a crazy muddy game a few hours ago.
    My Xbox talks to an EA server located in Ireland with IP=159.153.63.14 on outgoing tcp port 10037. The EA Server IP varies every session and so do the port.
    it took 24 seconds to load the game where 132 packets were sent back and forth, no retransmission of packets. During loading of the game, i received 15187 bytes in 60 packages and i sent 11802 bytes in 72 packages.
    During all of the first period, a total of 23 packages were sent back and forth with a total of 2914 bytes.

    There is absolutely NO WAY i can see this is related to network in any way. I could have a modem from the early nineties and i should still have no trouble playing an offline challenge. My take on this is that Something in the game broke at the time of that stutter because of some BUG and caused my players to be absolutely nerfed. The nerfing is not disappearing after a reboot either and my players are now behaving like idiots in online games as well. Perhaps there are some momentum code or something that are broken.

    There is no way this is intentionally implemented by EA. It is a bug and the sad thing is that they do not do anything about it.

    I’ve no doubt you are seeing what you are seeing. Personally for me the only mode I’ve experienced bizarre happenings in is HUT. I have played challenges and felt the stated difficulty is not accurate because the CPU would play amazing.


    [Socair - edited quote to reflect change]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • That’s how my eyes were opened to P2P

    I want to share my observations and thoughts on if P2P is causing this.

    When i have MUD it is present online and challenges. I´m talking about my team getting nerfed so it´s barely unplayable. Regardless of difficulty in offline challenges, MY team is very hard to control, for example sometimes when i skate in a loop to turn, the direction of movement changes "slow" but my player does not turn but come out of the loop skating sideways. As i said, they are nerfed to the ground. For me, the nerfing is exactly the same in online and in challenges.

    Since you are connected to EA even playing offline i have captured the packages that going back and forth to the EA servers during offline challenges and then analyzed them in Wireshark to try to find some strange pattern. But there is no strange pattern at all, no retransmits. Get ACK within 37ms which is expected since the server responds on ping at 37ms.

    The first game i played this morning, an offline challenge started perfectly. The players were responsive which is very noticeable if i dangle with the right stick back and forth while having the puck. I see big movements rapidly by my players when it is responsive, otherwise, there is slow and small movements. Anyway i was having fun demolishing the CPU and then the screen stuttered and from there on the game was screwed again. Every aspect of the game changes at that moment to a big pile of turd.

    Some TCP data from a crazy muddy game a few hours ago.
    My Xbox talks to an EA server located in Ireland with IP=159.153.63.14 on outgoing tcp port 10037. The EA Server IP varies every session and so do the port.
    it took 24 seconds to load the game where 132 packets were sent back and forth, no retransmission of packets. During loading of the game, i received 15187 bytes in 60 packages and i sent 11802 bytes in 72 packages.
    During all of the first period, a total of 23 packages were sent back and forth with a total of 2914 bytes.

    There is absolutely NO WAY i can see this is related to network in any way. I could have a modem from the early nineties and i should still have no trouble playing an offline challenge. My take on this is that Something in the game broke at the time of that stutter because of some BUG and caused my players to be absolutely nerfed. The nerfing is not disappearing after a reboot either and my players are now behaving like idiots in online games as well. Perhaps there are some momentum code or something that are broken.

    There is no way this is intentionally implemented by EA. It is a bug and the sad thing is that they do not do anything about it.


    [Socair - edited swear filter]
    I have never felt what you call MUD while playing any offline modes, including Hut challenges, playing against TOTW or exhibition games. I do however get it sometimes while playing online. Last year I did get a stretch while playing offline where I was getting some input delay but then my TV crapped out, I got a new one and the delay was gone.
    I have been a strong believer that most of the problems in this game are connection related.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    headup81 wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Kirja1982 wrote: »
    I really believe, that there is some kind of bonus for worse players. Every time I add better playe I have more trouble scoring

    That would mean every game you win it's because the computer thinks your team is worse and scripts the outcome or are you saying it only happens against you and not against your opponents?

    Why do the nay sayers deal in absolutes....nobody ever said it causes them to lose or win it simply handicaps one team. For the record I’m not saying it exists, the Dev said it’s not in the game and I believe him but we’re trying to figure what is happening.

    Because Sinbin doesn’t know what DDA is. People don’t notice what happens in the game in real time because they’re hyper focused on the puck. You become blind to the subtle things the game does to create opportunities. A Defense man randomly moving a few feet forward for no reason can be the diffence between a 2 on 2 and a 2 on 1 that creates a scoring opportunity.

    Once again I challenge anyone on here to explain to me how a hockey video game would play if it had DDA. Since there is none in this one of course.

    I don’t buy that he knows what we think DDA is he just doesn’t believe in it....or at least doesn’t believe it’s in this game.I may disagree with Sinbin but I’m not going to crap on him. He makes good arguments and good points we just disagree on some things. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and views. That’s how my eyes were opened to P2P. Getting different views, thoughts, experiences, and ideas are also the best way to get to the bottom of issues. As long as it stays civil I’m all for different views.

    I hear ya but all I hear from naysayers is an over simplified “I lost, I’m mad therefore tilt” explanation as to why people think there is tilt in the game. And when people say they’ve never experienced skating in mud or momentum they’re either lying or aren’t perceptive/experienced to be having these discussions. Like I said earlier people underestimate the power of being over fixated on the puck. You see this played out in just about every online mode.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Kirja1982 wrote: »
    I really believe, that there is some kind of bonus for worse players. Every time I add better playe I have more trouble scoring

    That would mean every game you win it's because the computer thinks your team is worse and scripts the outcome or are you saying it only happens against you and not against your opponents?

    Why do the nay sayers deal in absolutes....nobody ever said it causes them to lose or win it simply handicaps one team. For the record I’m not saying it exists, the Dev said it’s not in the game and I believe him but we’re trying to figure what is happening.

    People say it causes them to lose or win. That's a frequent topic in this discussion. Isn't that the point of handicapping? To help force one team to win?

    People aren't trying to find out what's happening. They're trying to validate momentum/tilt/DDA. If this community actually tried to find out what's happening instead of think how they play doesn't matter to the outcome, there'd probably be better discussion on the mechanics of the game that the devs could use to improve it.

    Yes. I also saw you said you don't believe it exists. Just didn't want you to think I was accusing you of believing in it.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    [Removed quote]

    No he’s saying that’s what many people believe DDA is. There are a lot of people who think the game outcome is predetermined. There are also a lot of people of who think it exists to level the playing field for weaker teams to keep the player engaged and stimulate packs sales but not to determine winners and losers. The second one is a legitimate theory seeing how DDA was patented by EA and it is known to be used in some Mobil gaming but the Devs have stayed it’s not in this game and for now I’m taking their word on it. That said something happens that seems to only affect HUT games and not all the time which is why I feel it’s connection related.
  • I´ve had this problem for years with six different ISP, Tried ADSL, Mobile and Fibre. Tried five different high-end routers, tried without a router. Tried VPN, tried throttling my bandwidth. Tried DMZ, Open NAT, Moderate NAT, Strict NAT, Wired, Wireless, QOS.

    Nothing of the above make the slightest difference. For me, it has absolutely no effect on the MUD how my network connection performs and i have the same MUD/player nerfing in offline challenges.

    If it were P2P that is the problem i would not have periods of games where every single game is muddy and then periods where it´s not. I would now and then match up against people with the same problem or worse now and then. But it is either constantly on or off. Since i now have a premium 1GB Fibre connection with great metrics i know that i would most often than not have the better connection than my opponent, but i still would now and then meet up against opponents with the same type of connection.

    Regarding offline challenges, i do recognize that the opponent team often does not play according to difficulty level (Semi-PRO, PRO, Allstar, Superstar and so on). Sometimes the CPU on PRO is playing like Superstar and then Superstar is easy. But This is totally unrelated to the MUD i am experiencing and complaining about.

    When i have MUD i have it in all HUT games period. Every offline challenge, every single online opponent. It does not matter if the opponent team is all legends or all base golds MY TEAM are constantly nerfed to the absolute bottom. With MUD i score 20-25 goals against TOTW on rookie level. Without MUD i score +50 goals with the same team against the same TOTW team.

    So if we are talking about the same MUD it is pretty clear for me that it is not network related. It is something that is broken in the game in my opinion.



  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Wether it be the P2P connection, DDA, or something we have yet to figure out, here is a list of things that you will see very early in a game that will immediately be obvious and you know you probably stand no chance of winning the game.

    1) Your opponents 85 speed guy closes half the ice distance to catch your 99 speed guy on a breakaway despite your line being fresh. Overall you will notice a major speed difference between your opponent and you.....you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    2) You are playing extremely well. Controlling the puck and waiting for just the right openings but today your opponent has Spider-Man in net and he saves all of your 15 great set up scoring chances in dramatic fashion. Meanwhile the first 2 weak shots your opponent musters float in as if you don’t have a goalie at all. End of the first shots are 15-3 in your favor but you are losing 2-0. You know you are headed to 37-6 shots game. Final score you lose 4-2......you just knew you probably stood no chance of winning.

    3) most games including 4 you’ve played today you have a passing percent of 80% or better but this particular game, in which you do everything you normally do, your passes miss by 7-8 feet usually going for an icing, a missed scoring chance, or directly to your opponents stick......you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    4) every successful poke, sweep, or body contact dislodging the puck from your opponent sees the puck immediately find another one of his guys stick blades perfectly, as if you passed it right to him. Meanwhile your guys treat the puck like it’s icky........you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    5) your opponents AI is playing like a team of legends. They are always in the right spot, they close off all the lanes, and they swarm you quickly. In other words your opponent can go for a smoke if he wants to his AIs got this. Your AI looks like they are skating around blindfolded playing Marco Polo.......you just know you probably stand no chance of winning

    6) you can’t put the puck in the ocean. From point blank you are hitting posts, shooting five feet wide, or my favorite 6-7 fans on the puck in one game. Meanwhile your desperate opponent starts shooting from bizarre angels and the puck that seems to be moving at half speed goes right over your goalie who seems to not be moving at all and right into the net......you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    Obviously all of these things don’t happen at once but it’s usually 2-3 going on in the same game. It’s not every game of course but when it happens it’s so obvious to people who have played this game for a very long time that something is off in that game. If you look at most of those things a lot has to do with the AI, be it positioning, goalie play, or the help you get from your AI teammates (after all hockey is a team sport).

    Before some people suggest that many of the things I listed happen in real hockey too and that’s part of the game just understand that the minute you suggest there are ebbs and flows to how the AI plays (just like real hockey)you are acknowledging that something random is happening in online matchups out of the users control.
  • Played a game at 5 AM this morning. There was 0 lag and the game was decently snappy. Had to fight to death to win vs much weaker team 2 divisions below me. This game was the definition of DDA and everything wrong with EAs philosophy. The lack of accountability on this guys part was tremendous. It’s easy to score when you just carry the puck through people and end up in a better position than you were by doing nothing. This guys couldn’t get over my blue line without turning over the puck or getting hit yet I had to fight to win 4-3. Absurd. An accurate score would have been 7-0 or something like that. 4-3 I don’t think so. I don’t care that I won. It’s that I had to fight to beat a terrible opponent. If we rematch as usual when this happens he’d get smoked but that’s not the point.
  • Well described
    jake19ny
    !
    I´ll add a few...

    7) The absence of acceleration and agility. Just turning a player takes ages and you usually don´t even make it in time before you get jumped by two opponents. Changing direction requires a ridiculous radius ......you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    8) The absence of puck control. Dekes, If every deke without anybody around is a lost puck......you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    9) Offsides. When your ai teammates constantly just skates like morons before you into the offensive zone for an unforced offside. ......you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    10) Faceoffs. When you normally win +50% of your faceoffs and now you lose everyone with Sakic, Sittler & CO. ......you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    11) Fatigue. When at 5min mark your top two lines fatigue bars are red without much hustling. ......you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    12) Hiding. When there is open ice for ai teammates to skate into and according to strategies should skate into but stop and hides behind the opponent player......you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    13) Magic pucks. When you skating towards the rinkside to cut off a gliding puck and the puck picks up speed so that you miss it......you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    14) Pickups & Bounces. You constantly skating over the puck and the player just leaves it there. The puck bounces like popcorn as soon as you are about to pick it up in the corner. .....you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    15) Hitting. You line up Gaudereu and & smurfs with Halloween Byfuglien but they don't fall, they don´t even lose the puck. When Gaudreau bumps your Byfuglien from behind you lose the puck without exception to an opponent every time. .....you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    16) Pokechecks have three different results when you do it. Penalty, Airswing or puck to the opponent, most often back to the carrier. The opponent just push the button and it is 100% success and either just takes the puck or it ends up to his ai .....you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    17) Obstructed. You are trying to backcheck and are either obstructed by your own ai or by the opponent ai. Not like a small obstacle you can skate around, you are stuck. .....you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    18) Player Changes. It rarely changes to the player you expect. .....you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    19) Interceptions. Not Existing. The puck just goes through your player, even the next player. Your pass is intercepted like magnets and hit skates and sticks. .....you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    20) Strategies. Your players simply don't follow the strategies. You say play aggressive, they just don't. .....you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    21) Strange animations. Before faceoff, all your player's shirts shakes or a player shaking somewhere on the ice like he´s from Walking Dead. .....you just know you probably stand no chance of winning.

    And yes, You should expect some of this randomly in a hockey game. But when all of them happening repeatedly in one game and then in several games in a row then it is not by chance. Either it´s implemented by purpose by EA or it´s a bug. EA says they have not implemented something of the like. Who knows, but they still deny any of this we complain about exists.

    If you really start digging you will find hundreds and hundreds of these reports and complaints about EA sports games. In all of their games, you have similar stuff going on. It does exist, that you can be assured of. You also can be assured of that they don't care about this thread and the complains we have.

    But i feel that more and more people are beginning to get fed up. They are losing players big time every year because of a product they have been repacked for many years now.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    5) your opponents AI is playing like a team of legends. They are always in the right spot, they close off all the lanes, and they swarm you quickly. In other words your opponent can go for a smoke if he wants to his AIs got this. Your AI looks like they are skating around blindfolded playing Marco Polo.......you just know you probably stand no chance of winning

    Obviously all of these things don’t happen at once but it’s usually 2-3 going on in the same game. It’s not every game of course but when it happens it’s so obvious to people who have played this game for a very long time that something is off in that game. If you look at most of those things a lot has to do with the AI, be it positioning, goalie play, or the help you get from your AI teammates (after all hockey is a team sport).

    Before some people suggest that many of the things I listed happen in real hockey too and that’s part of the game just understand that the minute you suggest there are ebbs and flows to how the AI plays (just like real hockey)you are acknowledging that something random is happening in online matchups out of the users control.
    Very good post, I couldn't agree more. Also, @StuffedRacer385 add-ons, lists a lot of very recognizable situations.
    Even so, you shouldn't exaggerate like you do, when you say your opponent can go for a smoke and still win the game. That's clearly not possible, since AI doesn't score in Vs. ;)
    However, just not bothering with playing D, that's a different story.
    Here is a game where I am on the winning side of what you describe and I'm not playing D, at all.




    I have my opponents slot to myself for most of the game and my players are in there, wide open for a 1T.
    My slot is clogged, opponent can't find an opening, even though he has "outplayed" me hard enough, to bring me waay out of position.
  • Played 3 games tonight.

    Game 1 I was the road team. From the drop of the puck I knew it was game over for me. My team was so slow compared to his and my AI was awful. Passes static and playing defense impossible. He outshot me 28-12. It was a frustrating losing proposition from the word go and I lost 5-1.

    Game 2 I was home and my team was super charged. I felt bad for my opponent who rage quit after it was 3-0 and he was being outshot 16-1 in the first.

    Game 3 I’m back on the road and it was a sluggish mess for me like game 1. I lost 3-1

    It has to have something to do with the connection to the host......it just has to.
  • It has to have something to do with the connection to the host......it just has to.

    I see why you think that and i did too.
    I am a professional developer and i have built a monitor application that poll data from my router about what connections that my console currently have open and what direction. My app shows me if i am the host or not, the country of my opponent, the name of the ISP of my opponent, a traceroute to my opponent and i measure icmp ping to my opponent.

    My problem is not related to if i am the host or not. My team is nerfed regardless. Last year i actually felt that it was better when the opponent was the host but now it does not matter.

    Since i live in Sweden i get to play opponents from Finland a lot and while having a mud period it is almost only Finns i have to play. Since my app tells me if the opponent playing on a mobile connection i can easily back out from those because MUD + Lag is devastating.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Before some people suggest that many of the things I listed happen in real hockey too and that’s part of the game just understand that the minute you suggest there are ebbs and flows to how the AI plays (just like real hockey)you are acknowledging that something random is happening in online matchups out of the users control.

    This is the part people have a hard time with. If they were to actually roll back the footage and watch just how the play develops, they'd see that it's not some kind of manipulation by the game to keep things close or whatever. You'd see where there was a breakdown in defense or a shot wasn't aimed well enough. You're hitting the post or shooting wide because of your aim and the conditions you're taking the shot under. If the puck went in every time you thought you aimed right, that would be manipulation that was out of your hands. To me, it all comes down to accountability. People can't accept the fact that they aren't as good at this game as they think they are.

  • Sinbin wrote: »
    This is the part people have a hard time with. If they were to actually roll back the footage and watch just how the play develops, they'd see that it's not some kind of manipulation by the game to keep things close or whatever. You'd see where there was a breakdown in defense or a shot wasn't aimed well enough. You're hitting the post or shooting wide because of your aim and the conditions you're taking the shot under. If the puck went in every time you thought you aimed right, that would be manipulation that was out of your hands. To me, it all comes down to accountability. People can't accept the fact that they aren't as good at this game as they think they are.

    No, the wrong answer once again.
  • headup81
    99 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Before some people suggest that many of the things I listed happen in real hockey too and that’s part of the game just understand that the minute you suggest there are ebbs and flows to how the AI plays (just like real hockey)you are acknowledging that something random is happening in online matchups out of the users control.

    This is the part people have a hard time with. If they were to actually roll back the footage and watch just how the play develops, they'd see that it's not some kind of manipulation by the game to keep things close or whatever. You'd see where there was a breakdown in defense or a shot wasn't aimed well enough. You're hitting the post or shooting wide because of your aim and the conditions you're taking the shot under. If the puck went in every time you thought you aimed right, that would be manipulation that was out of your hands. To me, it all comes down to accountability. People can't accept the fact that they aren't as good at this game as they think they are.

    Nope. Off the mark again. I think you need to slow the game down and pay attention to the little things.

    Through the years I’ve won 70-80 percent of my games. It’s easy to spot a weak player and when you rematch someone when you have one these games the second game tends to be a blowout. What changes game by game is players accountability.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!